Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8 4856575859 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1174

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: General Info for Jailbreaking iPhone 3GS, 4, & 4S

  1. #1141
    Thanks Simon! And I run this after I restore the phone?

  2. #1142

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    MaddyJune (03-16-2012)

  4. #1143
    Got that Sorry for so many questions! I think I'm on the right track now. Will let you know

    Also: Now that it is in the process of restoring - do I have to re-unlock it or did snowbreeze save that as well?

    I got error message 1015...
    Last edited by MaddyJune; 03-16-2012 at 02:51 PM.

  5. #1144
    I really need help on this one. I have a jailbroken ipod touch 4g ios 4.3.3. ios 5.1 has already been released... is there any way i can upgrade to ios 5.0.1 because i want a clean untethered jailbreak.

  6. #1145
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,907
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    If you have SHSHs saved for your device then yes you could upgrade to 5.0.1. If not, you have to go to 5.1 or stay where you are.

  7. #1146
    Default iphone 4 problems with upgrading ios
    hi,im using an iphone 4 on ios 5.1 and use redsn0w_win_0.9.14b2 for jailbreak,,my phone crashes at least once a day,usually when on charge,,,tried to upgrade to 5.1.1 so i can have untethered jailbreak,but keep getting errors,tried on phone and thru itunes,,,is there a way i can manually install ios 5.1.1 using redsnow and a download of 5.1.1??any help greatfully appreciated,its doing my head in now...lol.....thanks in advance JL

  8. #1147
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,907
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    You'll need iTunes to get to 5.1.1. What errors are you getting.

  9. #1148
    error codes 3194 and 21,,,tried deleting my security and trying it,still get error code,,,i have a 5.1.1 download from felix de bruin (think thats right),also have 5.1 downloaded too as that is ios my phone is on,,,is there not something i can do with redsn0w with ispw's or something?(manually specify an ipsw or custom ipsw),,,sorry to be a pest but its really driving me insane,my phone crashes at work almost every day so i lose my untethered jailbreak JL

  10. #1149
    Quote Originally Posted by j2theb73 View Post
    error codes 3194 and 21,,,tried deleting my security and trying it,still get error code,,,i have a 5.1.1 download from felix de bruin (think thats right),also have 5.1 downloaded too as that is ios my phone is on,,,is there not something i can do with redsn0w with ispw's or something?(manually specify an ipsw or custom ipsw),,,sorry to be a pest but its really driving me insane,my phone crashes at work almost every day so i lose my untethered jailbreak JL
    if you have a Windows computer, open Notepad as an administrator and then open the HOSTS file, its located here:

    C drive -> System32 -> drivers -> etc, then open the HOSTS file

    check to make sure the hosts entry "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com" is not there, if it is delete it, and save the file

    then use redsn0w 0.9.14b2 to create a custom 5.1.1 NO_BB firmware

    you can download the 5.1.1 stock firmware here Firmware - Downloads - Apple, iPhone and iPad Forums | ModMyi.com

    but make sure to create a custom 5.1.1 firmware from the stock 5.1.1 firmware you downloaded

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

    j2theb73 (08-16-2012)

  12. #1150
    thanks a million mate,did the host file thing,creating custom firmware just now,,,will try it 2moro as its bedtime for work...lol
    how do i get custom firmware on phone,,,itunes or redsn0w?
    JL

  13. #1151
    follow these instructions bud, but make sure to download the redsn0w v0.9.14b2:

    How to Create Custom Firmware IPSW with RedSn0w | iPhoneHeat

    also when you open itunes to restore, you must HOLD the SHIFT key + Click the RESTORE button and make sure to point it to the custom NO_BB firmware instead of the stock firmware

  14. #1152
    again thanks a million mate,,,i have redsn0w_win_0.9.14b2,,,do i need the one in the link or will this work? JL

  15. #1153
    Quote Originally Posted by j2theb73 View Post
    again thanks a million mate,,,i have redsn0w_win_0.9.14b2,,,do i need the one in the link or will this work? JL
    this version (0.9.14b2) will work fine bud

  16. #1154
    thanks for all your help EVO,finally got it updated,,,can i ask you a final question,,,do you think i should jailbreak it on this ios (5.1.1)?or do you think i mat encouter similar problems to last jailbreak i.e crashing,,,again thanks in advance JL

  17. #1155
    Quote Originally Posted by j2theb73 View Post
    thanks for all your help EVO,finally got it updated,,,can i ask you a final question,,,do you think i should jailbreak it on this ios (5.1.1)?or do you think i mat encouter similar problems to last jailbreak i.e crashing,,,again thanks in advance JL
    Jailbreaking does not cause problems. Installing stuff from other repos might, but if you stick to the default repos you shouldnt have a problem.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  18. #1156
    can you recommend any repos confucious?,,,ty,,,,JL

  19. #1157
    I only use default repos except when I am beta testing for people I know.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  20. #1158
    :wheelchair I.Annie sigh.... I have read your instructions with links twice now. Never used an Apple or Mac product in my 62 years. I even spent time building pc's in the '80's and 90's omg i'm lost. All I wanted to do is tether 4s to my laptop.
    But I see with ver. 6.1.3 it's not simple. However I see an ad for software that claims to do it. Anyone know about this? This sounds like the way to go for an old fool. Or is the manual route the only way?

  21. #1159
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,721
    Thanks
    6,955
    Thanked 15,504 Times in 7,091 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by w2far View Post
    :wheelchair I.Annie sigh.... I have read your instructions with links twice now. Never used an Apple or Mac product in my 62 years. I even spent time building pc's in the '80's and 90's omg i'm lost. All I wanted to do is tether 4s to my laptop.
    But I see with ver. 6.1.3 it's not simple. However I see an ad for software that claims to do it. Anyone know about this? This sounds like the way to go for an old fool. Or is the manual route the only way?
    There is no jailbreak for 6.1.3 for iPhone 4S. Anything you see saying otherwise is a lie/scam.

  22. #1160
    Thank you Simon. So my only option for now is to wait. Or find an older Iphone, or Android and use them I guess.
    Is there a jailbreak in the offing for 6.1.3 ?

Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8 4856575859 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •