+ Reply
Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7 475556575859 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1174

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: General Info for Jailbreaking iPhone 3GS, 4, & 4S

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Simon TinyUmbrella gave me the device information. The baseband is 05.13.04-5.9_M3S2. I've exited the recovery but the phone still doesn't boot. What happens if I choose "Fix Recovery"?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Simon
    TinyUmbrella gave me the device information. The baseband is 05.13.04-5.9_M3S2. I've exited the recovery but the phone still doesn't boot. What happens if I choose "Fix Recovery"?

Thanks
    Thanked 14,855 Times in 6,897 Posts

Fix recovery wont work on a iPhone 3G. Are you sure you restored to 3.1.3 and not 4.2.1?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Simon
    Thanks for holding my hand during this. I really don't know what is on there. The last thing I did from iTunes was shift-restore from 3.1.3 image which got me a 1015 error. As I mentioned earlier, my iTunes is not set to update or sync automatically. By the way, I did a hard reset and now I am in emergency mode (locked). TinyUmbrella told me I had 3.1.3 firmware while in DFU but when I connected it after it rebooted, all I saw were my two saved SHSHs (3G 4.1 and 3G 4.2.1) and the warning dialog.
    Last edited by gmaslin; 02-09-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Thanks

It sounds like you are at the activation screen then (you can make an emergency call correct?). If that is the case your next step is either activating with an official carrier sim or using redsnow 0.9.4 to activate it. If you use redsnow you will need a copy of the 3.1.2 firmware for your device to point redsnow to.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

gmaslin (02-10-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You are awesome! Yes, at the activation screen I opened redsn0w 9.4 and followed the directions. It appears to be running 05.13.04 modem firmware and 3.1.3 software. One last question about this device; if I am safely unlocked, what do I need to do to stay this way?

For the record, I have a retired 1G/2G model that my nephew bricked by ignoring the "low battery" warning until the device shut off. After that, the device would alternately show fully charged and empty within seconds and when connected to iTunes, I would get a device unrecognized 800000001 error. Everything I've read indicates that this is probably a software problem. The battery had always been a champ before this incident. Any advice on an approach to this one?

Thanks

Install ultrasnow to actually do the unlock (if you havent already). As long as you dont update to 4.1 or 4.2.1 then you can always unlock it again the same way.

For the older iPhone not too sure. Have you tried putting it in DFU and restoring it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Simon
    Many unsuccessful attempts to get the older phone in DFU so far. The phone is no longer recognized in iTunes and I continue to get a low battery warning. Which version of Ultrasnow?

Thanks

Latest version of ultrasnow.

Sounds like a new battery is needed for the iPhone 2G. Not an easy task to do though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Simon
    Noted, but i believe the battery is still fine. The metering seems to be the victim here. Is it possible that by running the device into shutdown, the mechanisms controlling this function were borked? I say this because I have had the phone on standby, periodically checking it for 9 hours now and the same red line is on the battery indicator. The battey seems to have charged but the circuit or software reporting the charge level is way out of wack. The trouble is that when I attempt to put this 2G iPhone in DFU or restore mode, the firmware probably prevents it due to the battery reading. Does this make any sense?

Back to the 3G, am I running the correct basebands? Wha ti smeant by revirginizing the phone? The phone appears to be ready for any SIM card. It connects to WiFi but I am experiencing sound problems. Will ultrasn0w help?
    Last edited by gmaslin; 02-10-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have a 3GS on iOS 4 with BB 04.26.08. I want to update to iOS 5.0.1 without losing the unlock functionality. How can I do this exactly?

I have posted here 3GS 04.26.08 from iOS 4 to iOS 5.0.1

Haven't got an answer yet. I see the first post on this thread:

"UPGRADING TO iOS 5 WHILE PRESERVING UNLOCKABLE BASEBAND (1.59.00 and 5.13.04 OR BELOW)

DOWNLOADS:
    1) Sn0wbreeze from iH8Sn0w
    2) Stock 5.0 ipsw
    3) Latest iTunes...."

Is this the correct way to go?

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gmaslin View Post
    Simon
    Noted, but i believe the battery is still fine. The metering seems to be the victim here. Is it possible that by running the device into shutdown, the mechanisms controlling this function were borked? I say this because I have had the phone on standby, periodically checking it for 9 hours now and the same red line is on the battery indicator. The battey seems to have charged but the circuit or software reporting the charge level is way out of wack. The trouble is that when I attempt to put this 2G iPhone in DFU or restore mode, the firmware probably prevents it due to the battery reading. Does this make any sense?

Back to the 3G, am I running the correct basebands? Wha ti smeant by revirginizing the phone? The phone appears to be ready for any SIM card. It connects to WiFi but I am experiencing sound problems. Will ultrasn0w help?
    ultrasnow is an unlock, it wont help sound problems.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by misterdobi View Post
    I have a 3GS on iOS 4 with BB 04.26.08. I want to update to iOS 5.0.1 without losing the unlock functionality. How can I do this exactly?

I have posted here 3GS 04.26.08 from iOS 4 to iOS 5.0.1

Haven't got an answer yet. I see the first post on this thread:

"UPGRADING TO iOS 5 WHILE PRESERVING UNLOCKABLE BASEBAND (1.59.00 and 5.13.04 OR BELOW)

DOWNLOADS:
    1) Sn0wbreeze from iH8Sn0w
    2) Stock 5.0 ipsw
    3) Latest iTunes...."

Is this the correct way to go?

Thanks
    You must create cfw by using the latest redsnow (PC) or pwnagetool (mac) to j/b and preserve the bb after j/b open cydia, search ultrasnow, install to unlock

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Simon
    I think I may have packed too many topics in too few posts. Let me review:
    1. The 3G iPhone appears to have a hardware related sound problem because I can hear sound with headphones, no further replies required.
    2. I need a clarification on the current state of my 3G, redsn0w 9.4 has jailbroken it and I have a functioning iOS 3.1.3, what will happen if I try to activate an alternate carrier account like SimpleMobile? What is meant by "virginizing your iPhone", why do we do it and how is it done?
    3. Original iPhone 1g/2G with battery meter issue is being addressed in this way, I am attempting to drain it again and recharge, I will post my result.

Thanks

virginizing your iphone is not something you need to do. That is a very old term not used anymore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello all,

I have just jailbroken and unlocked my iPhone 3G which had a bb 5.15.04 and iOS 4.2.1 In order to jailbreak/unlock it, I got it to the iPad baseband of 6.15.00. I used redsn0w and ultrasn0w to jailbreak/unlock. Now I am having problems both with cydia and syncing with iTunes. Whenever I try to add a new source in cydia it gives me a verification error message saying that it cannot connect to the server. Whenever I try to sync the phone with iTunes it begins the sync and both the phone and my computer say that the process of syncing is happening, but it stops very quickly after doing nothing. Should I restore the phone and jailbreak/unlock it again? Or will that screw up my phone since I changed the baseband?

Thanks!
    MaddyJune

Thanks

You can try a fresh restore but you will have to use a custom firmware since you now have the ipad baseband installed. Did you do the updates cydia gave you when you first ran it?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

MaddyJune (03-16-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes, I did do the updates for cydia. And how do I create/use a custom firmware? I'm new to this game. I only needed to jailbreak the phone because I dropped my real phone in water and got this one for free.

Thanks

You can create a custom firmware with sn0wbreeze or redsn0w
    Last edited by celeron; 03-16-2012 at 12:25 PM.
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes, but how? I'm hoping for a step-by-step assist. Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaddyJune View Post
    Yes, but how? I'm hoping for a step-by-step assist. Thanks!
    HOW TO: Use Sn0wbreeze To Untethered Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 [video] | FSMdotCOM

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

MaddyJune (03-16-2012)