+ Reply
Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5 455354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1174

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: General Info for Jailbreaking iPhone 3GS, 4, & 4S

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Originally Posted by confucious Until you fix the hardware problem there is little else anyone can advise. just want to keep u updated, I order another battery from a different
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Until you fix the hardware problem there is little else anyone can advise.
    just want to keep u updated, I order another battery from a different vendor change it out, restore back to the cfw i created with snowbreeze, it when smooth, then i install ultrasnow 1.2.4 via cydia. Back in mind I know i'm suppose th install something else for security, just can't figure what it is any idea? again thanks for your help

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default jailbreaked 4.2.5 verizon now cydia doesn't work - wtf?!
    As usual, it seems jailbreaking a damn iphone never works as planned. Had a verizon that was still on 4.2.5 fw. Downloaded redsn0w 0.9.10b3 and jailbreaked - seem to work fine. Cydia was installed - sort of. The icon is blank. I click on it and nothing - just a quick "flash" of the screen.

So now what? Jailbreak again - update in itunes to 5.0.1?

such a PITA....

Thanks
    Thanked 14,781 Times in 6,876 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by i007 View Post
    As usual, it seems jailbreaking a damn iphone never works as planned. Had a verizon that was still on 4.2.5 fw. Downloaded redsn0w 0.9.10b3 and jailbreaked - seem to work fine. Cydia was installed - sort of. The icon is blank. I click on it and nothing - just a quick "flash" of the screen.

So now what? Jailbreak again - update in itunes to 5.0.1?

such a PITA....
    Yes, update to 5.0.1 then use redsnow again.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Hey Simon, should I update my i4s to 5.0.1? i miss saving my ios 5.0 but i did manage to save 5.0.1 via TU. Since iFaith doesn't support 4s can't snach it either

Thanks

Ya, 5.0.1 should be fine to go to.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Neil001 (01-06-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I currently have an AT&T iPhone 4 JB running on iOS 4.1 and BB 01.59.00. I Jailbroke this phone a while ago, using TinyUmbrella v4.1.6 preserving my baseband and I have a SHSH saved for 4.1. Then I unlocked using ultrasn0w.

I would like to upgrade to iOS 5.0.1, but I am unexperience on this subject and I would like to do a smooth transition. I would appreciate if you can indicate a link in which I can find an ABC guide for my specific case.

Thanks in advance!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaguma View Post
    I currently have an AT&T iPhone 4 JB running on iOS 4.1 and BB 01.59.00. I Jailbroke this phone a while ago, using TinyUmbrella v4.1.6 preserving my baseband and I have a SHSH saved for 4.1. Then I unlocked using ultrasn0w.

I would like to upgrade to iOS 5.0.1, but I am unexperience on this subject and I would like to do a smooth transition. I would appreciate if you can indicate a link in which I can find an ABC guide for my specific case.

Thanks in advance!!
    Windows or Mac?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You can create a custom firmware with Redsn0w, then restore to it. Custom Firmwares will allow you to preserve the baseband.

Dev-Team Blog

You can download Redsn0w 0.9.10b3 there. In ModMyi's Downloads section (under Firmwares) you can get a stock 5.0.1 ipsw.

In Redsn0w, go to Extras and select Custom IPSW. Then you can select the stock ipsw for 5.0.1 you downloaded.

When the cFW is created, in Redsn0w in Extras, select DFU mode option. Then set your device into pwned DFU.

Open iTunes and hold shift, click Restore. Select your custom ipsw. Be sure to not accidentally select the stock fw or you'll lose the baseband you're trying to preserve.

You should be jailbroken and on 5.0.1 at this point. Go to Cydia to install Ultrasn0w to unlock.

Don't forget to back your device up.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am using Windows.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaguma View Post
    I am using Windows.
    Just follow what Annie said and you should be fine.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    You can create a custom firmware with Redsn0w, then restore to it. Custom Firmwares will allow you to preserve the baseband.

Dev-Team Blog

You can download Redsn0w 0.9.10b3 there. In ModMyi's Downloads section (under Firmwares) you can get a stock 5.0.1 ipsw.

In Redsn0w, go to Extras and select Custom IPSW. Then you can select the stock ipsw for 5.0.1 you downloaded.

When the cFW is created, in Redsn0w in Extras, select DFU mode option. Then set your device into pwned DFU.

Open iTunes and hold shift, click Restore. Select your custom ipsw. Be sure to not accidentally select the stock fw or you'll lose the baseband you're trying to preserve.

You should be jailbroken and on 5.0.1 at this point. Go to Cydia to install Ultrasn0w to unlock.

Don't forget to back your device up.

Hi Annie. Thanks for your reply. I didn't have time to continue until today. Unfortunately my first attempt was unsuccessful.

I downloaded the custom IPSW from DOWNLOADS -> FIRMWARE -> IPHONE 4 5.0.1 and used latest version of Redsn0w 0.9.10b4, but when I selected this downloade IPSW in extras "Custom IPSW" it gave me an error: "Unable to parse IPSW. Are you sure it's really an IPSW?" Any how I continued with the instruction, but while trying to Restore in iTunes it told me It wasn't the right type of IPSW for my iPhone.

I wonder if the IPSW is the correct since the name is "iPhone3,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw". I am sure I downloaded it from the correct site, but the name is iPhone3!!!!

I am downloading the file from iPhone 4S, its name is "iPhone4,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw", I guess I will try with this one and see what happens... unless you have a better suggestion.

Please advise.

Green Apple
    Thanks

4S ??
    Should be an iPhone 4 file

Thanks

Download iOS 5.0.1 Firmware | iPhoneHeat

You can try to download a 5.0.1 ipsw for your iPhone 4 there. Make sure you've got the latest version of redsn0w. Then try again. I'm pretty sure you don't want to try using an iPhone 4S ipsw with your iPhone 4.

You also don't want to continue with instructions if you didn't get the results that the instructions give you. Restoring to a stock firmware essentially kills your ability to unlock, bc of the baseband upgrade that occurs without a properly made custom firmware.

Edit: iPhone3,1 is the at&t iPhone 4 ipsw file name. iPhone3,3 is Verizon's iPhone 4. You have the right file. It might just be corrupted and you need to download from another source to test it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

jaguma (01-23-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by offroad406 View Post
    4S ??
    Should be an iPhone 4 file
    I got an iPhone 4 but when I download what seems to be the correct file... but its name is "iPhone3,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw"

That is the reason I am downloading now the IPSW that is under iPhone4 with the name "iPhone4,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw". Any ideas of what can be wrong?

Download iOS 5.0.1 Firmware | iPhoneHeat

You can try to download a 5.0.1 ipsw for your iPhone 4 there. Make sure you've got the latest version of redsn0w. Then try again. I'm pretty sure you don't want to try using an iPhone 4S ipsw with your iPhone 4.

You also don't want to continue with instructions if you didn't get the results that the instructions give you. Restoring to a stock firmware essentially kills your ability to unlock, bc of the baseband upgrade that occurs without a properly made custom firmware.

Edit: iPhone3,1 is the at&t iPhone 4 ipsw file name. iPhone3,3 is Verizon's iPhone 4. You have the right file. It might just be corrupted and you need to download from another source to test it.
    Ok I will download the file and try it once more.

Do you have any other site where I can download the file from? Just in case I get the same results.
    Last edited by jaguma; 01-21-2012 at 07:19 PM.

Thanks

I gave you a link to a downloads page for the ipsw in my post.

It's on the top of my post

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I gave you a link to a downloads page for the ipsw in my post.

It's on the top of my post
    Sorry I had not seen it. Thanks.

Thanks

Let me know.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The new IPSW that I downloaded from the link you send me, redsn0w starts to loaded but then it gives me an error. "Memory exhausted".

I tried with two different computers and the same results. Any hints?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried in a Mac and I was able to create the "NO_BB" IPSW without any problems.

Can I follow the same steps for iTunes in a MAC? "Open iTunes and hold shift, click Restore. Select your custom ipsw. Be sure to not accidentally select the stock fw or you'll lose the baseband you're trying to preserve."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok now I got my iPhone 4 with iOS 5.0.1 and BB 01.59.00
    I restored my backup and everything seems to be fine, except that I don't have Cydia installed and I can't continue with the unlock.

Please advise...