Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4 445253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1174

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: General Info for Jailbreaking iPhone 3GS, 4, & 4S

On 4.1? Untethered, no problems.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Not necessarily... 4.1 is available for you. 4.1 is always available for iPhone 3GS users regardless of whether SHSHs are saved for it or not. You just can't go past 4.1 (unless you want to jump all the way up to 4.3.5 which really isn't ideal).
    annie, Is there a link that will show me how to do this? I got stuck on the recovery screen and itunes wants me to update it in order to get my phone working again.
    I am on Tmobile, so it is important for me to be able to unlock the phone.

will updating to 4.1 and doing a jailbreak/unlock get me out of this recovery screen?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Restore it to 4.1. To preserve the baseband, create a custom firmware for 4.1 with Sn0wbreeze (PwnageTool if you've got a Mac). Open iTunes, use Sn0wbreeze/PwnageTool to set your phone into pwned DFU mode, hold shift (option on Mac) click restore, and select the custom 4.1 you created. Do not accidentally select the stock 4.1 ipsw or you'll lose the unlockable baseband you have now.

So let's look at it in some basic steps:
    1) Create custom 4.1 ipsw
    2) Open TinyUmbrella, go to advanced options, uncheck the box to point to Cydia on exit (if you don't have TU you don't need to do this step).
    3) Open iTunes
    4) Set device into pwned dfu mode
    5) Shift (option) + restore in iTunes
    6) Select custom 4.1 ipsw you created
    7) Go to Cydia and install Ultrasn0w to unlock again
    8) All done.

If you're using Sn0wbreeze the version you want is 2.1

If your baseband is not 5.13.04 or below you will need to upgrade it to the iPad bb before being able to unlock. Thievish break GPS. you may do so by including the option when building your cFW

Or with redsn0w

4. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

bizzy420 (10-03-2011)

Annie thank you for taking the time to help me. everything is working, except i cant recieve picture messages anymore. it worked before, but now it keeps saying something about the size restriction.
    Last edited by bizzy420; 10-04-2011 at 01:58 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

What is the last firmware for the i4 that is an untethered jailbreak? Baseband is irrelevant for my situation.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you Simon!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Neil001 (11-27-2011)

I just got an iphone 4 with ios 4.1. How should I go about jailbreaking it? Upgrade to a newer ios, then jailbreak? The guide I looked up for jailbreaking 4.1 directs me to Greenpois0n.com but the software there is no longer designed to jailbreak 4.1.

This is an old thread now you can just see How to Jailbreak your iDevice | ModMyi.com
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What is the Baseband at?

Quote Originally Posted by twosixsooted View Post
    I just got an iphone 4 with ios 4.1. How should I go about jailbreaking it? Upgrade to a newer ios, then jailbreak? The guide I looked up for jailbreaking 4.1 directs me to Greenpois0n.com but the software there is no longer designed to jailbreak 4.1.
    Learning

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

The baseband is probably stuck on the one that comes default with stock 4.1, bc the device isn't jailbroken yet. Shouldn't be of matter though if it's just a jailbreak that's desired.

4.1, assuming on stock/unjailbroken: jailbreak with Limera1n or Redsn0w 0.9.6b2

15. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

Neil001 (11-26-2011)

hello Simon, good to see you, i need your help once again.......let me give u a little history of my 3GS. it started with phone die because of no power, i thought it was the battery so i replace the battery turn it on everything was good i thought, soon battery drain because it wouldn't charge!! so i order the dock connector,replace that, now it appears to be charging because i can see the percentage goes up but very slow!! thats problem #1, problem #2 is the phone keep reboot by itself!! now I've try to restore using TU (latest) back to 4.3.3 (thats what on the the phone to begin with) near the end of the restore got an error #29. change the usb cable, try it many time still error #29, i even try to run redsnow over it got it to work, i try to up date cydia, cydia got mess up because the phone reboot while update. I again try to restore with TU and point to ios 4.3.3 got error 29 again....... please advice what to do, should i just to the normal restore thru itune and update to 5.0.1 bb is 05.16.02 please advice and thank you in advance

how about it iAnnie, do u have a solution to the above problem?

right now the phone indicates it need to be restore (itune with usb logo)
    Last edited by Neil001; 11-26-2011 at 11:33 AM.

HELLO Simon, good to see u here, once again i need your help. i have a 3GS iphone that won't restore to stock ios or cfw. my problem begins with phone will not accept a charge, so i replace the battery that didn't solve the problem, next i replace the dock connector, got that to work to an degree.... phone charges now but very slow, but that only part of the problem "reboot by itself all the time" so i figure i just restore it was on 4.3.3. gave me error #29 no matter what i've try. any help would be great and appreciated.

#29 is a faulty battery. My guess is something broke when the replacement battery was fitted.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Neil001 (11-27-2011)

Confucious, thanks for the quick response, last resort I ran redsnow over it now its back in order some what, do u have any answers as to why it reboots itself every few mins or so? one more thing should i've check deactivate at the start of jailbreak with red snow? I have att sim bb=05.16.02 unlockable at this time
    Last edited by Neil001; 11-27-2011 at 09:21 AM.

My guesses the rebooting is caused by a hardware fault.
    You don't need ton activate if you are using an official SIM

22. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Neil001 (11-27-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,464 Times in 7,082 Posts

Agree with Confucious. Sounds hardware related to me.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Neil001 (11-27-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Agree with Confucious. Sounds hardware related to me.
    Simon, i'm still messing with this 3GS, I've try everything that i can think of to try to restore ios back on this phone, its not accepting ant thing I throw at it..... i try to update to the latest 5.0.1 no go, put it in DFU via redsnow, no go its stuck at the restore screen (itune with the usb logo) what shell I do ? any help will do. thanks ahead

Until you fix the hardware problem there is little else anyone can advise.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Neil001 (12-02-2011)

Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4 445253545556 ... LastLast