Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: General Info for Jailbreaking iPhone 3GS, 4, & 4S

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Forgot 4.2.1 was out. Yeah shift+restore to stock 4.1. Save your SHSHs while you can for future use.

Thanks guys, I'll just stick with 4.0.2 then and use the method you mentioned.

By the way guys, this isn't a very technical question, but do I absolutely need Itunes 10? My old iMac G5 has Tiger so I can't iTunes 10, but do have a computer downstairs that has Leopard. But I think that would mean I'd always have to sync with that computer, right?
    Last edited by streetwaves; 11-23-2010 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 15,540 Times in 7,105 Posts

...and done. Whew, that was some read. Great Job Annie

Quote Originally Posted by streetwaves View Post
    Thanks guys, I'll just stick with 4.0.2 then and use the method you mentioned.

By the way guys, this isn't a very technical question, but do I absolutely need Itunes 10? My old iMac G5 has Tiger so I can't iTunes 10, but do have a computer downstairs that has Leopard. But I think that would mean I'd always have to sync with that computer, right?
    I think you need at least itunes 9.2 for 4.0.2
    Last edited by Simon; 11-23-2010 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Lol yeah it's a long one. Still have to get to changing the redsn0w bit. I think I'll leave the Sn0wbreeze thing alone, no reason the 3GS should go using that buggy 2.1.

And I believe iTunes 9.2 is the requirement for 4.0.2, just to confirm

Well you guys are right about that, but unfortunately LR and GP both require Leopard! Ugh. I guess I can just sync it with the computer downstairs (which isn't mine) but that's a hassle.

So does anyone know when I will be able to unlock my 3gs? It is on 4.1 and baseband is 5.14.02
    Thank You

Thanks

No unlock for that baseband yet

Thanks

You'll just have to wait a couple weeks (no one really knows exactly when) for the new unlock.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

babes (11-26-2010)

Thank you so much for the info. If you have time and think of it, let me know if it happens.

heres a situation...

Iphone 3G on 4.0 with 5.14.02 bb. ive heard that 4.0 makes the iphone sluggish and slow when doing any tasks. Thats what im experiencing now with the iphone. Im thinking of restoring it back to 3.1.3. If the unlock comes tomorrow with ultrasnow for 5.14.02, will i still be able to unlock the iphone with 3.1.3 firmware?
    Iphone 4S - T-Mobile Prepaid Plan No Contract

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HachiRoku View Post
    heres a situation...

Iphone 3G on 4.0 with 5.14.02 bb. ive heard that 4.0 makes the iphone sluggish and slow when doing any tasks. Thats what im experiencing now with the iphone. Im thinking of restoring it back to 3.1.3. If the unlock comes tomorrow with ultrasnow for 5.14.02, will i still be able to unlock the iphone with 3.1.3 firmware?
    yes you will

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

HachiRoku (11-27-2010)

oh wow, that was fast. thanks x98car.
    Iphone 4S - T-Mobile Prepaid Plan No Contract

i need some help i jb my 3gs with limera1n and its on 4.1os 5.14.02 bb i saved my shh blobs thru cydia. do i need to do anything or just wait for ultrasnow unlock. Also i have a 3g that i have not jb yet what do i use to jb so i can unlock with ultasnow when it comes out . any help is appreciated thanks

Thanks

I don't want to be mean...but seriously, read the original post. That's why it is there. If you read it, it will tell you how to do what you're asking help for.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yhiphone View Post
    i need some help i jb my 3gs with limera1n and its on 4.1os 5.14.02 bb i saved my shh blobs thru cydia. do i need to do anything or just wait for ultrasnow unlock. Also i have a 3g that i have not jb yet what do i use to jb so i can unlock with ultasnow when it comes out . any help is appreciated thanks
    It just depends on the end result of the unlock program...sometimes you have to upgrade to the new baseband that has been made unlockable OR sometimes you simply run the new unlock tool on top of your jailbroken device. Time will tell. What firmware is your 3G on and what bootloader does it have?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank U Puma leaf,after reading ur guide,i still got some questions. Im a newbie here n am in serious problem.At present i got a 3Gs 3.1 (old bootroom) jailbroken with blackrain n is stuck with d apple logo rebooting ,after updating to new Cydia thru iFile,it happens when i re-sprung my device.so i definitly need to restore,now my itunes dont show my phone, my question is if i follow ur method;

Preserve baseband/Sn0wbreeze Method (Windows only):

Downloads:
    1) Sn0wbreeze 2.0.2
    2) stock 4.1 ipsw
    3) TinyUmbrella (maybe)
    4) iTunes 10 and up

Prerquisites:
    1) must be already jailbroken by non-userland jb on current fw
    2) this excludes spirit and jailbreakme
    3) if device is jb with spirit or jailbreakme, this process cannot be done
    4) if SHSHs are saved for 3.1.2 and you're currently jb with spirit or jailbreakme, this can be done
    5) follow the above instructions for downgrading the 3GS to use the SHSHs to get to 3.1.2, then jailbreak with Blackra1n before following the below steps

Steps:
    1) open Sn0wbreeze 2.0.2 and select the stock 4.1 ipsw. Go into expert mode.
    2) in General submenu, select desired options such as Multitasking and Wallpaper etc. If you need to hacktivate, select it. If you have an official carrier's SIM, don't select it.
    3) add any repos you want, including "repo666.ultrasn0w.com" if it isn't already in there. You can always manually do this in Cydia later if you don't want to do it now.
    4) build the custom firmware. It can take some time.
    5) follow PwnageTool's timer to set phone into DFU mode. Then open iTunes
    6) shift + restore to the custom firmware
    7) after restore, it should give you access to your home screen (if you hacktivated).
    8) if you didn't hacktivate, you'll be at the emergency call screen. Activate with your SIM in iTunes now to access springboard.
    9) unlock with Ultrasn0w if needed.

wil it solve my problem??
    will my BB be d same??

or is there any better solution??

just need some advice before i restore Thank You in advace

now i saw another poster with d same problem;
    [SOLUTION] iPhone shut off during boot / Stuck Apple Logo
    Last edited by will54; 11-30-2010 at 10:58 AM. Reason: adding links

Thanks

Yes a restore should fix your problem. After restoring, be sure to set your phone up as new. You should get Sn0wbreeze 2.1 from ih8sn0w.com instead of 2.0.2. Be sure you really do meet the prerequisites to ensure this can work for you. Just follow those steps and you can preserve your baseband and maintain your unlock.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

will54 (11-30-2010)

Thanks

Is someone having trouble settling on one name? Hmmm... Annie

Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 ... LastLast