Page 13 of 59 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: General Info for Jailbreaking iPhone 3GS, 4, & 4S

Thank you for your speedy responses, I have ran tinyumbrella and backed up SHSHs fine but when I go into Itunes and follow your instructions to shift+restore I'am taken to windows explorer but not sure what Stock 4.1 ipsw I should run Can you please guide me to were I can find it, I have not downloaded one yet..Thank you again..

Thanks
    Thanked 15,502 Times in 7,090 Posts

You can download a 4.1 firmware from the downloads section at the top of the page.

I have tried shift restore with a 4.1 firmware and it keeps giving me an error cannot complete Unkown error 3014.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Are you running tinyumbrella's TSS server as you shift+restore

And are sure you have your SHSHs saved. If you just clicked save when you downloaded TinyUmbrella and you did not save the SHSHs months ago when 4.1 was being signed, you won't have them
    Last edited by i.Annie; 01-12-2011 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks again for your help, I guess i don't have them then. I did not save back then. What is my next course of action and yes TSS server is running.

Quote Originally Posted by core9 View Post
    Thanks again for your help, I guess i don't have them then. I did not save back then. What is my next course of action and yes TSS server is running.
    Was this something done through Cydia? Because I do remember saveing or backing up something a while back.
    Last edited by core9; 01-12-2011 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Did you actually check to make sure...because if you don't have them you can't restore.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Only if you have 4.2b3 SHSH
    Ah ok Cydia says only SHSH V4.2.1+

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    I think he meant 4.2.1 Waldo.
    Is there not a V4.1 ?
    That si what I meant. I guess just wait for untethered V4.2 for 3GS
    Last edited by dsmturbo; 01-12-2011 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Please consider the environment prior to printing

Thanks i annie, I did check at the top of Cydia on my iphone and it lists 4.1 at the top.. Can you please advice further.

I also noticed in Tinyumbrella that the log File says "yes" to haveing 4.1 SHSHs..
    Last edited by core9; 01-12-2011 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ihad lots of problems with those codes.. I spent an entire day(literally) trying different combos with updating/restoring firmware thru itunes and redsnow and with the phone on/off and in dfu mode. Sometimes the phone needs to be in dfu the shift-restore to the ipsw. Strange i know but thats computers for ya

Core 9, also i had to shift-update to stock 4.1 thru itunes.. Then used redsnow 0.9.6b4 with the same ipsw and it worked great.
    Last edited by iwannamod; 01-12-2011 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Following User Says Thank You to iwannamod For This Useful Post:

core9 (01-12-2011)

Thanks

If youre receiving error 3104, you might be having a connection issue to saurik's server.

Have you ever edited your host file before?

I want to thank you all for your words of wisdom and simply for answering my questions. And i.annie I got it jailbroken through alot of trial and error. It would only work when I was to set redsnOw to run in compatibility mode windows xp service pack 2 and with run as admin. But to answer your question Not sure if I have edited my host file. I got back on Cydia but now not sure how to reinstall my apps. from Cydia...Please advise.. Another quick question about this jailbreak and the overheating issues and battery drain people are talking about, When I was going through my many attempts to jailbreak was i supposed to click on deactivate?

Thanks

Well if you're jb that's good. I can only say install your Cydia apps back manually, thats the cleanest way to do it really. I don't ever use the backup apps.

As for the deactivate, no you shouldn't have used it so that's fine. You would actually download SAM from Cydia by adding the repo "repo.bingner.com" then run redsn0w again but choose only deactivate.

So if I understand correctly I will add the repo "repo.bingner.com from cydia and then run my redsnOw again? But if the phones already jaibroken is there going to be any issues? Just redue all the steps and its all good. Should I really do all this?

Thank you

Thanks

You're not really redoing anything. It's a different process just with the same tool. Redsn0w and SAM will deactivate your device which will eliminate the battery drain and push/YouTube problems which occur due to hacktivation. If you hacktivated, you should probably do it. If you don't mind, you don't have to do it.

Thanks, One more question I used terminal in the past to reset my root password, Is this necessary again? And if so terminal crashes as soon as it starts to load. One more question about openSSH, How do i run the terminal? And what I have tried from a command line it says SSH root is recognized..

Than you so much, Its hard to get answers sometimes..

Well after running redsn0w again and then just clicking on deactivate I have "No Service" on my phone..

"I plugged it back into the usb and started up itunes and it re-activated"
    Last edited by core9; 01-12-2011 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Sorry for the lack of response. Late night. But I'm glad you resolved the issue.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

core9 (01-13-2011)

Need help. Think I need to downgrade I have iPhone 4. Want to jail break so I can b cool like every one els jialbreakme won't work.
    Thanks

Hello again,
    as i have mentioned this is all so new from my last jailbreak. So can you tell me what shows me that SAM is working properly. I do have abnormal battery drain. Is there any step by step for this yet.

Quote Originally Posted by core9 View Post
    Hello again,
    as i have mentioned this is all so new from my last jailbreak. So can you tell me what shows me that SAM is working properly. I do have abnormal battery drain. Is there any step by step for this yet.
    Sam on my iphone 3gs:

ActvationState: WildcardActivated
    SAMState: Loaded OK
    Last edited by core9; 01-13-2011 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Help !!!
    Hi,

I am sorry if this information is somewhere else on the forum. If so please direct me to the most simplest directions out there.

I have an unlocked jailbroken iphone 3g running 3.1.3 w/ firmware running 05.12.01.

I would like to upgrade to 4.1? or 4.0 whichever has the least amount of problems. Keeping my unlocked feature. I am running on windows 7 & have not updated my itunes. It is running on 9.0.

Can someone help me with step by step instructions to do this.

Page 13 of 59 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast