+ Reply
Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: General Info for Jailbreaking iPhone 3GS, 4, & 4S

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Lol
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,873 Times in 2,212 Posts

Lol
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks
    Thanked 15,193 Times in 6,975 Posts

Clearly

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi !

I just bought a new iPhone 4 , with iOS 4.1 installed and I want to jailbreak it.

I understand my options are: limera1n, greenpoison and pwnagetool.

I would like to go to the pwnagetool route because it has the option NOT to hacktivate the phone (I use my carrier SIM to activate it).

Is it true that Limera1n and GP both do hacktivation?

I downloaded 4.1 stock ipsw and customized it with pwnagetool. I am now ready to use iTunes to restore this custom ipsw.

My question is: do I need a saved SHSH to restore to the custom ipsw ? (which is same version 4.1 as the one currently n my phone).
    I don't have a SHSH (apple stopped signing them)

If I can't do it, how can I JB my phone and NOT hacktivate it ?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 3,873 Times in 2,212 Posts

Okay first save your shsh blobs with tinyumbrella
    Second you will be ok to use either one greenposi0n or limera1n with ios 4.1 thats what i used with mine and i use the official carrier sim.

Limera1n i prefer over the others.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Dont use pwnage tool as that will require you to restore which you probably wont be able to do since you just got it so it wont have 4.1 SHSH. You can use limera1n/greenpoison/redsnow 0.9.6rc7

As long as the phone is already past the emergency call screen before you jailbreak then none of those will hactivate it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi everyone.
    hav'nt posted for a while, Just a quick one, to recap I bought an Iphone from the USA on the ATT network thinking an easy jailbreak would save me some money. (intellegence I know) all I managed to get was a "no signal" effort. Following much messing around, a custom restore, (thanks x98car for his help on the last issues) an insertion of an ATT sim card, Jailbreaking and unlocking by ultra snow, I now have a semi-functioning Iphone by this I mean when I slip in a T-mobile or 3 network sim card I can make and recieve calls. 02, Vodaphone etc dosn't show in the carriers yet they are the two strongest signal companies, However T-mobile / 3G both of these networks have really poor coverage where I live (but my phone finds them easily). Is it a gliche and a case of waiting for an update from the dev-team or have I done something wrong? Does anyone else have this problem in the UK? Thanks

Iphone 3gs (old type)
    4.2.1 (8c148a)

(ps I want to be on vodaphone / but more importantly O2 network if possible)
    Last edited by Rich_purser; 01-04-2011 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

That is strange that it would work on two of the networks there but not the other two. I assume you tried all the regular troubleshooting like resetting network settings etc.?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'd agree itis strange as my old iphone has no problem using or finding O2 here

I've tried flicking between airplane mode, have tried flicking 3g data roaming etc on and off, tried serching the carriers, tried network reset still the same, I mean I'm happy to have got my Iphone working but "3" or "T-mobile" are not really a very good option (I live in a village 5 miles from a major city) and T-mobile have never even tried to improve the service in our area for the past 10 years. I just wondered if there's an update due for O2, Vodaphone etc so i don't have to change my number/service (pure lazyness really) Just wondered if anyone had any ideas, Thanks anyway.

Thanks

Sounds like you tried all my ideas. I was just in the UK and my father in law has a 3GS I unlocked for him (not ipad baseband though) and his worked fine on a vodaphone pay as you go.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks anyway for all your help -looks like I'll have to switch to "3" and hope they don't let me down (the fact it's on baseband 6.15 maybe has something to do with it the "3" network do alot of work with the ipad I believe) anyways lets hope for a fix / answer soon

All The Best Dude.

Thanks

no prob

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

to x89car:

"As long as the phone is already past the emergency call screen before you jailbreak then none of those will hactivate it."

Where do you have this info. I did some research and it seems limera1n always hacktivate, and (MAYBE) green pos0n does not (if you are already activated).

So, can someone shed a light here ?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

They both hacktivate. If you have an official sim, you activate in iTunes first before running either jb tool to avoid the hacktivation. It only hacktivates if you don't use your SIM to activate it first.

Thanks

You probably read that greenpoison and limerain put a activation script/program on there no matter what, which is kind of true. However if you already activated with a legit sim then that little script doesnt do anything so doesnt hactivate.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Any idea what is the script name/location after jailbreak. I'd like to take a look with ssh after .

Thanks

Thanks

Not off hand, I think I saw reference to it on cmdshft's page: [cmdshft]

Cant remember exactly where though. Happy hunting

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry it took me so long to reply, I had to do some research on my own to get more up to speed on this. I think I have all my shsh's lime you said ( when I open cydia it says SHSH: 4.1 and so on at the top of the screen.) I this is the case, how do i get those on to my computer, or do I even need to? Also, I guess the next thing to do is upgrade to the newest ios and then downgrade to 4.0 to jailbreak. I am so lost, sorry if I am confussing. And thanks for all your help!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi It's me agaian, still having a problem with my iphone
    following the jailbreak etc I only seem to get 3g signal and no 2g signal at all.
    anybody know of a solution or can point me in the right direction the closest I've got are the web sites below but unsure if it's a software or hardware problem (any other web pages greatly appriciated) Thanks guys.

Rich

(Where is cellular antenna connector - iPhone 3G - iFixit)

(How I recovered my iPhone's lost GSM signal!)

I feel its a bit like the x-files for the Iphone; "The Truth Is Out There" somewhere at least I hope so!
    Last edited by Rich_purser; 01-07-2011 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I have seen a phone like that before. It was a hardware issue on that one.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

in what sense please? according to the web page it's not the arriel but what else is left? did you manage to fix it please?