Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does restoring a jailbroken iPhone to a jailbroken backup remove the jailbreak?

Default Does restoring a jailbroken iPhone to a jailbroken backup remove the jailbreak?
    The backup on iTunes is a backup of my iPhone that was already jailbroken. I screwed up something on my iPhone the other day, and I want to restore my iPhone to the previous backup, but I don't want to lose my jailbreak. Since the previous backup on iTunes has a jailbroken iPhone, if I restore to that backup, will I lose my jailbreak?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

Backups do not cause you to lose your jailbreak, but may bring back any problems you may have previously had.

No it will not be jailbroken. If something is messed up that very well may transfer too. I always setup as new phone then copy everything back onto it. Chronus from cydia will save your game saves SMS ect then you can ssh to copy Chronus backups.

Default Contradicting?
    I just received two contradicting responses. I'm still not sure whether or not I will lose my jailbreak, since my backup was of a jailbroken iPhone. I didn't have any problems before. The problem I'm facing is that I used iPhoneBrowser yesterday to save my SMS.db file and then replace it. Now, I can't send or receive text messages at all. So, I want to restore to the backup I made right before using iPhone Browser. Is there any other way to fix my issue of not being able to send or receive texts? I don't want to restore my iPhone to original settings or anything.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

I don't think that other person read what you wrote correctly. You will not lose your jailbreak. You can try to restore from the backup, but not sure it will fix your issue. You may need to restore the iphone.