Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia update Q

Default Cydia update Q
    I have a red one on the cydia app (update) and I went to Changes tab to look. (I'm a jb noob by the way).

It's a UItoolkit. Now, is this an essential update I MUST do? I don't plan on going berzerk on cydia apps at all but rather to gain more control with the phone. So do I need to update that? If not, how do I decline an update and get rid of the red 1 on the cydia app.

Tried searching here and on google.

Thanks a lot in advance.

EDIT--I also never got the "make life easier prompt" but for the record, I did save shsh blobs with tinyumbrella

Jon

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SepticTank For This Useful Post:

Vinnml (10-13-2010)

Thanks

yes you need to do the update, as far as the "make my life easier" you never got it because once you used tinyumbrella to save your shsh's cydia has them so your life is already easier, that's why it wasn't there for you to have to push it

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    yes you need to do the update, as far as the "make my life easier" you never got it because once you used tinyumbrella to save your shsh's cydia has them so your life is already easier, that's why it wasn't there for you to have to push it
    I really appreciate your responses.

Thanks!!!

Thanks

no problem, general rule of thumb (for mr anyway) is to always do essential updates, anything else is up to you

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    no problem, general rule of thumb (for mr anyway) is to always do essential updates, anything else is up to you

I will do the same amd it makes sense.