+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Touch 4.0.2 Jailbreak Possible?

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hey guys. I jailbroke my iphone a while ago, using spirit at 3.1.3 and my friends iPod touch, using same spirit. Not too long ago, he mistakenly, and i don't
    Ist
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default iPod Touch 4.0.2 Jailbreak Possible?
    Hey guys. I jailbroke my iphone a while ago, using spirit at 3.1.3 and my friends iPod touch, using same spirit.

Not too long ago, he mistakenly, and i don't know how, erased all the date and decided to update his iPod. Let's just say hes not much of a comp geek of any sort.

Long story short: i got his iPod Touch 3g with version 4.0.2 (8A400) MC086LL. I would like, if possible, to jailbreak it again and put Cydia on. What are my options? Refer me to an existing topic, if possible, if not. Either way, i will be very grateful. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,640 Posts

Restore your Ipod to 4.1 and jailbreak with Limera1n.

Ist
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Alright... Do I have to have any particular iTunes version? And, if you could, could you please give me a direct link I can use to get Limera1n. Thank you.

Thanks

Itunes has to be the latest. You can google limera1n

Ist
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hey, I updated to 4.1. Downloaded limera1n, clicked on "make it rain". It said hold both buttons, I did, then it said let go off power, I did. And now it's just stuck at greyed out "let go of power button" screen. And iPod is black tried doing that a couple of times, still same thing...

Bump.
    Last edited by Ist; 10-13-2010 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Did you download the latest version of limera1n? Do a hard reset to see if you can get it out again.

Greenpoison can jailbreak your iPod 3G too
    Last edited by iYeow; 10-13-2010 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ist
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yes, i downloaded the latest version of limera1n. No, greenpo1son did not work. For some dumb reason ipod doesn't enter DFU mode. It keeps asking me to "Try Again" i even followed video instructions on youtube. I went back to try limera1n. Same sh1t. After it says "release power button", which i do, it just gets stuck over there. No matter how long i hold the home button. Nothing changed. I'm frustrated. I promised i would take care of this. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

There is an easier way to put your iPod/iPhone into DFU which not many people know about.

From phone turned on, hold home+power, when the screen goes blank wait 2 seconds and release power, keep holding home until you hear the DING from USB connected on your computer. Your screen should be blank. This is DFU mode.

Ist
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Dude, that's exactly what i did. And i sure as hell heard that beep... Gah...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If your screen is blank and you plug into iTunes and it says "iTunes has detected recovery mode blabla" then you are in DFU mode.

But yeah it appears limera1n and greenpois0n have some errors like this which I'm not sure if people have managed to resolve. There have been several threads about this issue, might want to browse around a few of those and see if there were any solutions posted.