Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GreenPois0n is released!!!!!

Default GreenPois0n is released!!!!!
    Unfortunately I'm at work so won't be able to take the Pois0n for another 10 hours.

Looking forward to reading some feedback on it during the day and then getting myself some good ol' poison tonight.

Cheers,
    Ian

greenpois0n – Initial Release
    Published on October 12, 2010 in Success!. 67 Comments

greenpois0n only works on firmware 4.1, so (only if you have an iPhone 4!) if you are on a lower firmware make sure you use TinyUmbrella to preserve your baseband.

Download:greenpois0n - Mmmm...pois0n

Initially, this will be a Windows-only release. This is due to some technical complications that we soon hope to correct. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks to geohot for the bootrom USB exploit. We have opted to use that instead of SHAtter for the sake of exploit presevation.

This release of greenpois0n supports:
    - iPhone 4
    - iPhone 3G S
    - iPod touch (4th Generation)
    - iPod touch (3rd Generation)
    - iPad

Soon there will be another release, adding things like support for:
    - Apple TV (2nd Generation)
    - iPod touch (2nd Generation)
    Last edited by Greenrabbit; 10-12-2010 at 03:32 AM.

All the comments seem to suggest no Cydia after jailbreak, can anyone confirm it works yet?

Important is . How it differs from limera1n ?

There's the official blog post from the devs greenpois0n – Initial Release Chronic Dev Blog

Thanks

Only difference I see is it came 3 days later.

Looks like after all that talk they had to do SOMETHING......

Hopefully geohot stays around this time. He pwned cdev soooo nasty!
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

maybe greenpoison doesnt break facetime

It appears it doesnt break or rather jailbreak anything. I've yet to read a comment or speak to someone who's got cydia. I certainly haven't.

Lmfao fail. Seriously I knew it all along. The wifi and bluetooth bugs were just n00bs spreading rumours because they were too scared to jailbreak with geohot's softwre. I never had problem with his tools. Geohot knows his stuff and his tools are quick and simple. He's working alone and always manages to have something before everyone else. TBH the CDT are a bunch of amateurs...
    Last edited by Christian Bale; 10-12-2010 at 04:35 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone madczech's Avatar
    Thanks

I like the competiton between them to boost their egos I guess (as it cant be financial), and all the fuss suroundig it!

Luckily the devteam still has the SHatter exploit in their sleeves for future jailbreaks!
    I don't give a damn about Chuck Norris, Spongebob can grill under water!

any1 tried greenpoisen yet?

does it works good? does it even work?

I stop myself from trying it... reading from the comments... there are more probs than solutions...

aww... sometimes i wished all the jailbreaks are done by @Comex where there is less to no problems with iDevice... love the jailbreakme star and spirit ... they are flawless!!

Quote Originally Posted by d_animality View Post
    I stop myself from trying it... reading from the comments... there are more probs than solutions...

aww... sometimes i wished all the jailbreaks are done by @Comex where there is less to no problems with iDevice... love the jailbreakme star and spirit ... they are flawless!!

So which comments are you reading??? Can you point to a website where we can see some feedback?

I think they may be updating it on the website now- as the "Windows" button on the right, just reloads the home page rather than going to the download page
    Last edited by IDN101; 10-12-2010 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

greenpois0n – Initial Release Chronic Dev Blog << here .. read it on

the rc3 works PERFECT!!
    Last edited by d_animality; 10-12-2010 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost