+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: limera1n with VMware

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Forgive me if someone has already asked asked this question. I am trying to jailbreak my iphone 4 on 4.1 and use vmware. Limera1n will not find my phone. It
    Thanks

Default limera1n with VMware
    Forgive me if someone has already asked asked this question. I am trying to jailbreak my iphone 4 on 4.1 and use vmware. Limera1n will not find my phone. It stays at, "waiting for iphone". Also itunes is not finding my phone either. Is it possible to jailbreak my phone with vmware? How do I make it work?

I was able to find the answer about vmware. Limera1n only works on a pc or with bootcamp, not vmware. I guess i'll wait for a mac version.
    Last edited by barret752004; 10-10-2010 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yeah...you can make vmware see the iphone...you just have to install itunes on the windows virtual machine. You can even start limera1n. The issue you run into is that when lime puts the phone in DFU it kicks out of the windows vm and causes the mac's itunes to open. I messed with it for twenty minutes with no luck. I walked to my neighbors and used his pc. I recommend that...if you know your neighbor that is.

iPhone? More like MyPhone madczech's Avatar
    Thanks

had the same problem as thanatrix (itunes opening on osx)...

I suggest if you dont have a windows friend install windows over bootcamp which then works! Cheers
    I don't give a damn about Chuck Norris, Spongebob can grill under water!