+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: question for shsh pros ???

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
iv have a guy here who has a 3gs on 4.0.2 i hooked it up to tiny and went through all 3gs looking for saved blobs with no luck. i
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default question for shsh pros ???
    iv have a guy here who has a 3gs on 4.0.2
    i hooked it up to tiny and went through all 3gs looking for saved blobs with no luck.
    i put it on 3g and looked for 4.0 and it found 4.0 blob
    why would it find a 3g 4.0 when its a 3gs and wouldnt find a 4.0 for 3gs ?
    ecid # matched so i know it was checking for the phone connected ?
    im confused, thanks all

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Then the phone is a 3G but he thought it was a 3GS. Does the phone have a working compass app?

Edit: are you running some sort of iPhone jb/unlock business? I see you post about different phones all the time. I don't want to be rude but it seems like you don't really know what you're doing and you've got so many people giving you their phones for you to restore and/or jb. Honestly, if I were a customer and I found out you had to ask a lot of questions on MMi, I'd figure you don't know what you're doing and not let you deal with my phone.

I apologize in advanced if I'm accusing you wrongly, but that's what it looks like. I've answered a lot of your questions regarding phones that aren't yours...I just suggest you get a little more experience and knowledge under your belt before trying to mess with other people's phones. Unless of course you're doing this all for free...and they trust your judgement.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 10-02-2010 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

no its a 3gs , tiny reads it as a 3gs and it does have the compass app.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Regardless if the SHSHs say they're not for the 3GS, you can't use them. You could still try a restore to it, the worst that could happen is error 3194 failure to restore. Won't hurt the phone a bit. If it goes thru fine, then it's just a fluke and don't mind it if it worked.

Thanks

ok i just wanted to make sure, iv come along way though 2 weeks ago i didnt know a thing about iphones , so i think im moving along, thatswhy i use the forums to learn and not make a whole lot of mistakes