+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs on 4.0.1 with jailbreakme.com

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I have been searching around the forums all morning, and have yet to find an answer that applies to me. So if you have an answer, please let me know.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default 3gs on 4.0.1 with jailbreakme.com
    I have been searching around the forums all morning, and have yet to find an answer that applies to me. So if you have an answer, please let me know. I have a 3gs on 4.0.1 jailbroken with jailbreakme.com and unlocked via ultrasnow. I was going to restore to 4.0.1 just to freshen things up. I have two questions:

1:I am searching everywhere for FW 4.0.1 for 3gs, but all i find is 4.0. Is 4.0.1 for iphone 4 the same FW? I currently have 4.0.1 installed.

2: once I restore, can I still use jailbreakme.com to jailbreak?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default What ??????
    Are you out of your mind? You want to subject your iPhone to all this code breaking BS just to "freshen up"? What do you imagine you are going to accomplish by overwriting your jailbreak with the same OS ?

Don't do it. If it is working , just leave it alone.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mmracing1981 View Post
    I have been searching around the forums all morning, and have yet to find an answer that applies to me. So if you have an answer, please let me know. I have a 3gs on 4.0.1 jailbroken with jailbreakme.com and unlocked via ultrasnow. I was going to restore to 4.0.1 just to freshen things up. I have two questions:

1:I am searching everywhere for FW 4.0.1 for 3gs, but all i find is 4.0. Is 4.0.1 for iphone 4 the same FW? I currently have 4.0.1 installed.

2: once I restore, can I still use jailbreakme.com to jailbreak?
    You can download the 4.0.1 ipsw from here :
    iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From
    You have to use tiny umbrella to do the job if you have 4.0.1 shsh blogs.

Green Apple
    Thanks

To retired Billy: I guess you missed the part in the post about being unlocked. I'm on Tmobile, so kind of necessary.

To yeow

To retired Billy: I guess you missed the part in the post about being unlocked. I'm on Tmobile, so kind of necessary.

To yeow202: thanks for the helpful info. You rock
    Last edited by mmracing1981; 09-23-2010 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone fc97accord's Avatar
    Thanks

I think what billy is saying is if it is working why restore for no reason especially if you are not certain how to do it. Unless of course you find the phone slow or glitchy then go right ahead.

Try to google for a good tutorial on restoring with tinyumbrella.
    enjoy

Green Apple
    Thanks

thanks fc97accord. It never ceases to amaze me how I can misinterpret a comment that I read. to retiredbilly, I apologize. thanks for the input.