+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 2G Upgrade from 2.0.1 to 3.1.3 - Did not need to jailbreak or unlock?

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hi, I was in the process of upgrading the software on a iphone 2G yesterday and fully expected that I would have to do the jailbreak and unlocking again however
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone 2G Upgrade from 2.0.1 to 3.1.3 - Did not need to jailbreak or unlock?
    Hi, I was in the process of upgrading the software on a iphone 2G yesterday and fully expected that I would have to do the jailbreak and unlocking again however after I upgraded the phone to 3.1.3 it continued to work on t-mobile and I did not need to do any jailbreak or unlock and Cydia is not showing in springboard anymore.

Is this normal that I didn't need to do any jailbreak or unlocking?

The phone was previously jailbroken and unlocked when it was on version 1.0.2 and I did have cydia on it. I don't remember what tools I had used as that was years ago but I know it was done via windows machine and i think a program called bootneuter.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,785 Times in 6,878 Posts

Once unlocked a iPhone 2G will always be unlocked. Updating just wipes away the jailbreak and sometimes your activation. If you want cydia back just jailbreak again with redsn0w.