+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help with restoring my 3GS 3.1.2 on Windows7

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hi, Im currently having some issues with my Iphone 3GS 3.1.2, i used blackr4in to jailbreak my phone, i was planning to restore but there is an error "This Device
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Need help with restoring my 3GS 3.1.2 on Windows7
    Hi,

Im currently having some issues with my Iphone 3GS 3.1.2, i used blackr4in to jailbreak my phone, i was planning to restore but there is an error "This Device Isn't Eligible For the Requested Build".

Cydia and blackr4in was uninstalled (thanks to a brainless friend of mine) and i tried to reinstall blackr4in but there is no blackr4in in my iphone and im unable to reinstall cydia. My phone is still in jailbreak mode.

Can anybody advise me on how to restore, i've read some forums but they require SHSH and make my life easier with cydia... which i dun have.

Pls help thanks.
    Last edited by JTDefiant; 09-20-2010 at 08:23 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,197 Times in 6,977 Posts

Do you have to run blackra1n everytime you turn the phone off and on or not?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes I have to use blackr4in to activate my phone everytime it is switched off. Recovery loop.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,197 Times in 6,977 Posts

You are going to need SHSH to be able to restore, without them itunes will force you to update to 4.1, which right now cannot be jailbroken or unlocked. Try my guide here to first check if you have SHSH and then if you do to restore: http://modmyi.com/forums/general/725...e-restore.html

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

In order for me to use your guide I need cydia. Anyway of getting Cydia into my iPhone?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JTDefiant View Post
    Hi,

Im currently having some issues with my Iphone 3GS 3.1.2, i used blackr4in to jailbreak my phone, i was planning to restore but there is an error "This Device Isn't Eligible For the Requested Build".

Cydia and blackr4in was uninstalled (thanks to a brainless friend of mine) and i tried to reinstall blackr4in but there is no blackr4in in my iphone and im unable to reinstall cydia. My phone is still in jailbreak mode.

Can anybody advise me on how to restore, i've read some forums but they require SHSH and make my life easier with cydia... which i dun have.

Pls help thanks.
    If your iphone is still in jailbreak mode, your iphone is still jailbroken but without Blackra1n which have been removed. You need to do a restore again. In order to restore, you will need shsh blogs.
    Edit your hosts file to Cydia by adding this line :
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    save it and reboots your pc
    Now do the Shift + restore to the ipsw on your desktop.

Thanks

well, i have jailbreaked my iphone with jailbreakme, but i remember if using the jailbreakme you have to update your iPhone on the latest iOS 4.0.1 firmware with iTunes.
    I'm not a PC and I'm not a Mac. I'm an actual human being. Please, leave a message after the tone!
    - Flash is dead, said Jobs.
    - Jobs is dead, said God in a flash. "Enjoy your iPad!"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

Jailbreakme.com will jailbreak OS 3.1.3,4.0 and 4.0.1