Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 restore problem

Default iPhone 4 restore problem
    Ok I was going through my phone through ssh deleting languages other than english. When I was finished i rebooted my phone and my mail and some other apps no longer worked. I then tried to restore 4.0 firmware using shift and click in itunes and I also changed the server to cydias to trick apple. This did not work, the I went into recovery mode and the other mode trying to force the restore. Did not work so I had to update to 4.1. I tried using tinyumbrella after updating to go back down to 4.0 but now its telling me that I dont have any files on cydia to restore to 4.0. I know I have the files because everytime I went into cydia it said I had ssh files stored and I also clicked the "make life easier" What am I doing wrong because now Im stuck with s..tty 4.1 and cant jailbreak. Please help

Ok for some reason it would not find my files last night when I tried with umbrella but just got home and tried again and it found it so fingers crossed. I want 4.0 back
    Last edited by ctstiffler; 09-20-2010 at 04:34 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

After pointing your hosts file, do the shift + Restore to 4.0.1, you can jailbreak with jailbreakme.com. You are not getting the 4.0 shsh blogs is because you missed the dateline for 4.0 shsh blogs to be saved by Cydia. If you rely on unlock, sorry you have lost your unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    After pointing your hosts file, do the shift + Restore to 4.0.1, you can jailbreak with jailbreakme.com. You are not getting the 4.0 shsh blogs is because you missed the dateline for 4.0 shsh blogs to be saved by Cydia. If you rely on unlock, sorry you have lost your unlock.
    No Im just trying to jailbreak again. Ive tried doing everything it says to do with umbrella but after it extracts the software it now gives me a 3002 error. Ive done everything I can think of and Im following everything step by step. Really pissin me off

And I jailbroke the first day running 4.0 when the jailbreak came out and clicked the option to make life easier
    Last edited by ctstiffler; 09-20-2010 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Are you now restoring to 4.0.1, you can check using Tiny Umbrella to see if you have it. Click advanced option and select the 4.0.1 and grab from Cydia. When restoring to 4.0.1, you must put your iphone into DFU mode and start Tss Server if you don't want to edit your hosts file to point to Cydia, make sure you don't have Skype or Teamviewer running because those programs also use port 80.
    DFU mode : plug your iphone into the pc, turn it off, hold both the Power and Home button for ten seconds, and let go Power button, keep holding the Home button for about 10 seconds until you hear dong,dong and your screen will be black, this is DFU mode.
    Last edited by iYeow; 09-20-2010 at 06:10 PM.

Im running 4.1 right now. I know for a fact I looked at my phone before this happened and it said 4.0 but thats not working. I already grabbed the ssh from umbrella and its saying 4.0.2. Did the same thing for 4.0 but nothing. So now I am downloading the actual 4.0.2 ipsw and Im going to try that. High speed internet but still taking an hour to DL. My phone is in DFU mode. Black screen. This is pissin me off cause I do know what Im doing most the time but hopefully this 4.0.2 ipsw works.

Thanks

Why 4.0.2, you cannot jailbreak it, I ask you to grab 4.0.1 and stored it locally , click display shsh to see if it is there , then put iphone into DFU mode and start TSS Server, do the downgrade.

For Iphone 4, if you want tiny Umbrella to read your ECID, your Iphone has to be bootable.
    Last edited by iYeow; 09-20-2010 at 06:20 PM.

No it says 4.0.2 which I dont understand because I had my phone jailbroken and never updated
    It says the following devices can be restored then says 4.0.2

Why 4.0.2, you cannot jailbreak it, I ask you to grab 4.0.1 and stored it locally , click display shsh to see if it is there , then put iphone into DFU mode and start TSS Server, do the downgrade.

For Iphone 4, if you want tiny Umbrella to read your ECID, your Iphone has to be bootable.
    My i4 was booted when I ran umbrella and it turned up with 4.0.2 which I dont understand because I had 4.0 when I saved on cydia
    Last edited by ctstiffler; 09-20-2010 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You have to wait for a New Jailbreak. You can have your iphone at 4.0 and at the time when you do your jailbreak, Apple has stopped signing 4.0.1, so Cydia will only grab whatever that apple is still signing, so it was probably signing 4.0.2 at that time.
    So, in other words, your lowest restore in Future will be 4.0.2, it is too late to do anything now.

You don't have to be too upset, the new jailbreak will probably be out in a couple of weeks but could be a tethered jailbreak meaning you need a computer to boot up after powering down.
    Last edited by iYeow; 09-20-2010 at 06:40 PM.

You have to wait for a New Jailbreak. You can have your iphone at 4.0 and at the time when you do your jailbreak, Apple has stopped signing 4.0.1, so Cydia will only grab whatever that apple is still signing, so it was probably signing 4.0.2 at that time.
    So, in other words, your lowest restore in Future will be 4.0.2, it is too late to do anything now.
    Sorry I take that back man, finally got my i4 to turn back on and ran umbrella again and found 2 files on 4.0.1 so Im downloading the 4.0.1 firm and gonna try that. Does that mean since they arent signing 4.0.1 now even though I found it in umbrella and Im downloading the firm now that it still wont work?
    Last edited by ctstiffler; 09-20-2010 at 06:46 PM.

Thanks

Nope, if you have the 4.0.1 shsh blogs, you can restore to 4.0.1. You either point your hosts towards Cydia for Verification or you store your 4.0.1 blogs onto Tiny Umbrella and Start your Tss Server.
    Only then you do the Shift + Restore to 4.0.1 ipsw.

Alright Ill try that as soon as it downloads. Do I need to put cydias server in the host from drivers or just go through umbrella like ive been doing

Thanks

Two methods :
    if you want to verify with Cydia, then you point your hosts towards Cydia.

if you want to use Tss Server, then you don't have to point to Cydia, you only choose one not both.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

ctstiffler (09-20-2010)

Two methods :
    if you want to verify with Cydia, then you point your hosts towards Cydia.

if you want to use Tss Server, then you don't have to point to Cydia, you only choose one not both.
    My God! Thanks man you helped me out in ways only the jailbreak community would know. Worked like a charm this time after going through umbrella and changing the device to 4.0.1. Got my firmware back and about to get my JB back. Thanks again!

Thanks

Yeow22.....you are the man.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi