Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [OFFICIAL] Are You Jailbreakable? - iP4S, iP4 GSM/CDMA, iP3GS, iP3G, & iP2G

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I'm truly baffled at how many people don't read the original post before opening a file. That's unfortunate. I guess I'll have to go in and fix the thing over the weekend, not like updating the original post helps. Looks like I'll have to write it all within the PDF before anybody reads what I have to say. Hell, even within the PDF it says no unlock for anything above 5.13.05 and 1.59.00, and people still ask if there is. *sight* I'm resolving to big red font all the way thru my guide.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,540 Times in 7,105 Posts

You could probably put it in bright flashing lights and you would still get the questions

Thanks

You're probably right. Maybe I should just retire and let you and Yeow answer all the questions

I was actually going to reformat the entire table and make it easier to find out what jailbreak tool for what device and stipulations if any. Don't know if it's worth it anymore haha.

Thanks

Please don't retire. Yeow and I can't be here all the time. Well at least I can't

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Please don't retire. Yeow and I can't be here all the time. Well at least I can't
    Lol I can't retire anyway. Who's gonna write this guide that nobody reads? Haha

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Lol I can't retire anyway. Who's gonna write this guide that nobody reads? Haha
    True

IPhone 4
    4.0.1 (saved on Cydia)
    Used jailbreakme.com

Updated to 4.1
    Which method do I use now? I'm on a Mac.

Thanks in advance

Thanks

Greenpois0n, Limera1n, PwnageTool.

Already on 4.1? Use GP or Limera1n. Pick one, doesn't matter which.

Based on the PDF I think I am screwed. Just bought a 3G on 4.1. It was restored so its stuck in the insert sim stage. I want to jailbreak/unlock to use on t-mobile. I'm on XP but my roommate has a macbook pro. Is there any way to jailbreak/unlock?

Thanks

The PDF is out of date. I'm updating it tonight when I get a chance to upload the new one for 4.1 I wrote last night.

You can jailbreak with Redsn0w 0.9.6b1 or the new PwnageTool.

You will NOT be able to unlock since it is already on 4.1.

Note: you can use Sn0wbreeze too, just thought I'd throw that in cuz it's for Windows. Pwnage is Mac only. Redsn0w for both.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 10-24-2010 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

crackiswack (10-24-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    The PDF is out of date. I'm updating it tonight when I get a chance to upload the new one for 4.1 I wrote last night.

You can jailbreak with Redsn0w 0.9.6b1 or the new PwnageTool.

You will NOT be able to unlock since it is already on 4.1.

Note: you can use Sn0wbreeze too, just thought I'd throw that in cuz it's for Windows. Pwnage is Mac only. Redsn0w for both.
    That was what I feared. I've read some postings that say pwnagetool 4.2, when it is release in November will allow for unlocking on the new baseband in 4.1. Do you happen to know anything about that? Thanks again!
    Edit: I just used Forecast by iH8sn0w to check my phone and it says I have bootloader 5.8 which should allow be to downgrade my baseband to an unlocked version. Can you point me in the right direction?
    Last edited by crackiswack; 10-24-2010 at 02:25 PM.

Thanks

Sure, just jailbreak your device with either of the tools I told you, whichever is easiest for you. Then after jailbreaking, you'll wanna go to Cydia and install "FuzzyBand" (there's 2, make sure you install the one that supports bb 5.14.02). Run Fuzzyband to downgrade the baseband, it will take some time. Afterwards, install Ultrasn0w in Cydia to unlock your phone.

Hey Anniex, would you mind helping me out with my jailbreak issues? I'm currently on firmware 3.1.3, and jailbroken with Spirit. Oh and I have the old bootrom (I think, mine's untethered with Spirit, I think Spirit + new bootrom gave a tethered JB).

So with spirit can i just upgrade to 4.1 and then use the current gen JB tools or need I start over? Sorry, I've little time to catch up on JB world on account of exams so any help would be great.

Thank you JB Guru, Anniex.

Thanks

No, blackra1n and new boot gives a tethered jb. You need to find out for sure if it's a new or old boot before you can see what you can do.

Do you need to unlock your phone?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

Prothean (10-27-2010)

Thanks for getting back to me in record time/ My bootrom is 359.3 which is the old one amirite? (thank heavens as I bought mine in December and they shipped the new bootrom 3gs in October I hear)

Unlocking, yes the option would be nice for when my plan expires and I need to sign up with another network (that's what unlocking does if I recall, please correct me if I'm mistaken)

EDIT: baseband 05.11.07
    Last edited by Prothean; 10-27-2010 at 02:42 PM.

Thanks

For you, you'll have to go to Cydia and install Spirit2Pwn. (add repo "repo.woowiz.net")

Then you'll download a stock 4.1 ipsw (felixbruns.de) and Sn0wnbreeze 2.0.2 (ih8sn0w.com).

Create a custom fw with sn0wbreeze and 4.1 ipsw, then shift+restore to it.

Unlock with Ultrasn0w after.

For Sn0wbreeze, go into expert mode, if you have an AT&T SIM don't select "activate". If you don't have one, then select "activate". If you unchecked activate cuz you have a SIM, after the restore it will take you to the emergency call screen. You can then insert your SIM and activate in iTunes to access your jailbroken phone. Then go to Cydia to install Ultrasn0w if you want to unlock now or in the future.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

Prothean (10-27-2010)

Thanks - just few questions to clarify

1. Is it true you can't disable OS4 mulittasking with showbreeze?
    2.Sn0wbreeze to get up to 4.1 (3GS has certain requirements to meet)- which requirements were they?
    3. What is this activate business? just out of curiosity? What's going on behind the process and such?
    4. Do you recommend Jailbreaking using restore (ie, wiping the phone clean first) is recommended over using upgrade since every time you upgrade you lose a chunk of disk space taken up by your last OS installation?
    5. SHSH do i need to do anything to back it up or does Cydia do it all for you?

Thanks mate.

EDITL Sorry i just realized you mean restore using the new custom firmware - this will wipe it clean wont it? IS there a way to do it through upgrading? I have like 300 apps LOL
    Last edited by Prothean; 10-27-2010 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by willpower101 View Post
    If you don't want to answer a stupid question
    Erm, he's been helping me for the last hour or so, he has 3k posts lol and he's kept the thread going for 12 pages, you can't question his determination to help ppl out.

And also, HE is here to help US, your tone and attitude is way out of line, do not bite the helping hard.
    Last edited by Prothean; 10-27-2010 at 03:11 PM.

LOL no, you said "So why not update the pdf?" you imply its his obligation and responsibility to do so when he's already done so much, that would tick anybody off, including me were I in Anniex's shoes. I mean, cmon, you didn't even say please.

Furthermore, may I remind this thread is for people who want their devices jailbroken not for the childish bickering in your previous post, its doesn't help others with their JB issues not is it even related to JB so stay on topic please.

It also doesnt help that Anniex was halfway through helping me out before when you just cut in like that. You're being rude and off-topic, cmon man, please be considerate of others.

Anniex may I apologize on his/her behalf, quite rude but rest assured that most ppl are eternally grateful for your hard work, including myself.
    Last edited by Prothean; 10-27-2010 at 03:35 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by willpower101 View Post
    No I am not out of line by any means. I mentioned that the pdf is incorrect and he replies with several smug remarks.
    I did take the liberty of writing up an update for 4.1 on my phone actually. I haven't been able to get to my computer with my work schedule. But it is indeed written.

There are no "smudge marks" on my guide, it's just not updated yet.

I could care less what your input is, if you're really intent on helping the community by updating a guide such as this, write up your own without plagiarizing any part of mine and post it up as a new thread. These guides take a lot more time to write than you think, I've put time into helping instead of mouthing off acting like I'm all that when I haven't done anything. Oh but I did do plenty, you're the one who hasn't.

Prothean, I'm going to write up a guide for you tonight. Your phone is the old boot so you can use custom firmwares (that is the prerequisite you were asking about). I will send you a message in the next few hours since I'm at work right now. Just one last question I'd like you to answer, do you have an official carrier's SIM card?
    Last edited by i.Annie; 10-27-2010 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

24. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

Prothean (10-27-2010)

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 ... LastLast