Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 56789 17 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [OFFICIAL] Are You Jailbreakable? - iP4S, iP4 GSM/CDMA, iP3GS, iP3G, & iP2G

Thanks
    Thanked 15,540 Times in 7,105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jechi View Post
    Is there a jailbreak yet for iPhone 4 , iOS 4.1 ? And an unlock?
    Yes, and no...

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Yes, and no...
    Did not get you !!

Thanks

Yes to jailbreak (read the thread and you would know that). See limera1n: limera1n
    No to unlock

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Yes please read the original post. I editted it already on an update for Limera1n.

Currently at RC4, it has fixed many bugs but some may still remain. No unlock for basebands that came with stock 4.1.

Default Limera1n???
    Okay...I'm a little confused...I've read and heard different things. I have an iPhone 3G that was restored and upgraded to 4.1 iOS and firmware 05.14.02... Will Limera1n jailbreak and or unlock my iPhone??? Please help. Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobdigi View Post
    Okay...I'm a little confused...I've read and heard different things. I have an iPhone 3G that was restored and upgraded to 4.1 iOS and firmware 05.14.02... Will Limera1n jailbreak and or unlock my iPhone??? Please help. Thanks.
    Limera1n will do neither. You can use redsn0w 0.9.6 to jailbreak a iPhone 3G. As for unlock, there is none for that baseband.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

bobdigi (10-11-2010)

I tried jailbreaking my IPhone 4 4.1 with limera1n but ended up with errors and did not jailbreak. Could someone tell me exactly what to do?

-x98car

Successful jailbreak with Redsn0w. Thank you. Now I just need an unlock...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobdigi View Post
    -x98car

Successful jailbreak with Redsn0w. Thank you. Now I just need an unlock...
    I hear first steps have been made on that front, so it is being worked on. Probably still months away though.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

bobdigi (10-11-2010)

I jailbroke my iPhone 4 but the problem is inst.allous is not being downloaded, it's giving me too many errors like "size missmatch" could someone help!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jechi View Post
    I jailbroke my iPhone 4 but the problem is inst.allous is not being downloaded, it's giving me too many errors like "size missmatch" could someone help!
    Please read forum rules. No talk of cracked apps are allowed.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Jechi (10-11-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Andr3w1 View Post
    Thanks very much for this guide.

I wanted to try and establish as much information as I could about my iPhone before posting this question.

I have an iPhone 3GS.
    Model MC133B
    with the old Bootrom
    I am currently running iOS 4.0 which I jailbroke using the jailbreakme.com

I have saved my SHSH's to cydia, when launching it states it has 4,0, 4.01 and 4.02. This morning I saved it again via Tiny umbrella which now has 4.1 SHSH saved (not showing in Cydia yet but it is in Tiny Umbrella)

Looking at the PDF article:
    iPhone 3GS (old Boot)/FW 4.0-4.0.1 could I re-Jailbreak using Sn0wbreeze if already jailbroken with Jailbreakme?

Is it a good idea to? As I really want iOS 4.1.
    Is a jailbreak going to be more likely with a iphone that has already been Jailbroken with SnowBreeze or Jailbreakme?

Hope someone can provide some advice.

Cheers

Andrew
    Hi Again

Following on from my previous post, I would assume I could use LimeRa1n, to Jailbreak iOS 4.1?

This may sound stupid, I am already JB on 4.0.
    Is it just a case of upgrading to 4.1 via Itunes then Jailbreaking with LimeRa1n, I can't help thinking if I do it this way, will I lose all my applications/settings?

I know 4.1.1 is coming soon. I wanted to wait until greenpoison works on mac before I went through with upgrading. I'm currently on 4.0.1, is there a way to get my shsh blobs in cydia for 4.1 if I never exactly upgraded? Cydia says I already have blobs for it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lastactionhero View Post
    I know 4.1.1 is coming soon. I wanted to wait until greenpoison works on mac before I went through with upgrading. I'm currently on 4.0.1, is there a way to get my shsh blobs in cydia for 4.1 if I never exactly upgraded? Cydia says I already have blobs for it.
    You dont need to update to save SHSH. If cydia says you have them then you have them. Once you save them once cydia will do them automatically for you from then on.

Well that's nice of them.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lastactionhero For This Useful Post:

Bosi94 (10-13-2010), ricardosilva (10-13-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry Argghhh frustration!!
    Whats the reason that the 3g is so hard to jailbreak?

It seems there are various types of software available to jailbreak every kind of firmware and phone other than the 3g & firmware 4.1.

Frustrating!!

I know theres things like Snowbreeze & Redsnow, but i always have trouble with these. I follow the steps to a t, download the correct firmware to downgrade to e.g 3.1.2, but when it comes to the step 'browse for firmware', although i have correctly saved the firmware into my documents, the Snowbreeze/Redsnow programme says it cannot find it, or it is incorrect.

I'm definately downloading the right file, .ipsw, so i'm completely baffeled as to what it is im doing wrong?!!

A little help would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advanced.

But not for the iPod touch 2g jailbreakme won't work

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I used to have a 3G and I've always thought it was easy to jb. Redsn0w was always my top choice.

You should probably try saving the ipsw on your desktop to ensure you can find it. You should also be sure you're using the right version of redsn0w for the firmware version ie redsn0w 0.9.4 for 3.1.3 and redsn0w 0.9.6b1 for 4.1.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

beccajane (10-15-2010)

No I have a mc model and I'm on 4.0.1 redSnow doesn't work and I. Have a 2g which is diffrernet from the 3G

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 56789 17 ... LastLast