Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Generalforums, a part of the
Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgradingsection;
^ we do update forum threads, remove and un-stick. If we feel it has any relevance at all, we leave it....
09-19-2010, 05:43 PM #21
^ we do update forum threads, remove and un-stick. If we feel it has any relevance at all, we leave it.
09-19-2010, 05:51 PM #22
Good to know better keep this thread relevant then!
09-19-2010, 05:53 PM #23
lolz, it is an awesome thread, very relevant.
This needed to be done. Thank you so much for the time you put into it.
09-19-2010, 06:30 PM #24
09-19-2010, 06:45 PM #25
I'm sorry for the mistake but people make mistakes. I'm sure you're not perfect either. I adjusted the mistake in a 2 day span. Return the phone or sell it or wait for a JB.
I can't correct my mistake for your situation but I didn't blatantly screw you over. Try doing a little more research to reinforce things rather than relying on one source.
I've always been careful with my iPhones in regards to JB and unlocks. I never rely on one person's info only as I like to make sure 100% that something will be ok. So I'm admitting I made an error but I'm not taking fault in you compulsively buying a product without doing a little more research to make sure.
That's how so many people get screwed out of their money by seeing one website (ie Greenpois0n JB) and jumping on it without Googling "is Greenpois0n officially released".
It would've been easy for you to double check and Google "jailbreak iPhone 4 4.0.2 or 4.1" and see that the next few options say "no jailbreak for iOS 4.0.2 yet".
If I had been so impulsive about my phones and trust me, the other experts around have also made mistakes before, I would've been screwed over too by buying a TurboSIM that doesn't even work anymore on iPhones above 3.0.
Last edited by i.Annie; 09-19-2010 at 06:48 PM.
09-19-2010, 06:55 PM #26
Don't sweat it Annie. You aren't responsible for the decisions of others. All we can do is try and point people in the right direction. Mistakes will sometimes be made, we are all human. If he cant take responsibility for his own decision and lack of research it shouldn't be your problem. Keep doing what you are doing, you have many more supporters than not here
09-19-2010, 07:00 PM #27
Read the thread title, notice the pinned status, consider the forum it's on. Maybe the fault lies with the person who pinned the thread for not vetting the information before pinning it. I'll live, but my other option is to return it and pay a $20 restocking fee. Can't do that though since I promised my 3GS to my mom and had to upgrade fw in order to set the phone up for her.
I wasn't planning on the 4 for a few more weeks yet but I sold some stuff yesterday and had a fist full of extra cash as I drove by the at&t store. I'm just glad I didn't have any paid JB apps installed.
09-19-2010, 07:07 PM #28
If you got it at AT&T, you got the phone for $200-$300. Easy to sell it for well over what you paid and just use that money to buy another iP4 with 4.0.1.
It won't kill you to wait for a JB if you're with AT&T and can use the phone still. So many of us with iP4 are on 4.0.2 or 4.1 and we are waiting for the JB. What's the diff between you waiting for a JB with the iP4 in hand vs waiting for the JB to be released then going to buy it? You're still waiting. At least now you have it and can save your SHSHs for 4.1 for future use.
09-19-2010, 07:26 PM #29
Yup, I'll wait and I'll live, I just needed to whine for a bit.
09-19-2010, 07:30 PM #30
Mistakes happen, I read what Annie typed and didn't pick it up at first either.
Hopefully, a new jailbreak should be out real soon.
09-19-2010, 08:12 PM #31
mine is on 4.1, don't need it jailbroke, used as a phone mostly.
Was jailbroke at one time.
09-19-2010, 08:28 PM #32
09-22-2010, 07:25 AM #33
Thanks very much for this guide.
I wanted to try and establish as much information as I could about my iPhone before posting this question.
I have an iPhone 3GS.
with the old Bootrom
I am currently running iOS 4.0 which I jailbroke using the jailbreakme.com
I have saved my SHSH's to cydia, when launching it states it has 4,0, 4.01 and 4.02. This morning I saved it again via Tiny umbrella which now has 4.1 SHSH saved (not showing in Cydia yet but it is in Tiny Umbrella)
Looking at the PDF article:
iPhone 3GS (old Boot)/FW 4.0-4.0.1 could I re-Jailbreak using Sn0wbreeze if already jailbroken with Jailbreakme?
Is it a good idea to? As I really want iOS 4.1.
Is a jailbreak going to be more likely with a iphone that has already been Jailbroken with SnowBreeze or Jailbreakme?
Hope someone can provide some advice.
09-22-2010, 07:30 AM #34
If you don't have SHSHs to downgrade to 3.1.x you can't use custom fw like with Sn0wbreeze to get to 4.1. Even with the old boot. Using Jailbreakme which is the only JB for iOS 4 on a 3GS disables the ability to upgrade and use custom firmwares.
You'd have to downgrade to 3.1.2 to JB with something like Blackra1n which is unlike Jailbreakme not a userland JB method in order to use a custom fw.
So basically you have to stay on 4.0 if you wanna keep your JB.
09-22-2010, 07:35 AM #35
Thanks for clearing that up, do you know if anyone is working on a 4.1 Jailbreak for people that Jailbroke with Jailbreakme?
I'm sure a lot of iPhones were Jailbroken by that method
09-22-2010, 07:35 AM #36
Yes, the new greenpois0n is in progress.
The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:
09-22-2010, 07:44 AM #37
I'll keep an eye on their website. You've been very helpful thanks!!
09-22-2010, 09:15 AM #38
Thanks for all you do, Annie!!!! My 3G was once jb'd and unlocked at one time. Then, like a dummy, I upgraded to 4.1. I didn't rely on it being unlocked and I knew the dev team would come through with a jb soon. Mine is now a model MB046, bootloader 5.9, baseband 05.14.02. What do you see out there as a jb for me. Will I ever be able to unlock it again?
09-22-2010, 09:41 AM #39
09-22-2010, 10:02 AM #40
Yeah, I tried that. But the new redsnow only runs on an intel Mac and won't run on my older Mac. And as of yet, there's no Windows version.