+ Reply
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 28 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [OFFICIAL] Are You Jailbreakable? - iP4S, iP4 GSM/CDMA, iP3GS, iP3G, & iP2G

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
ok, and one more question. im using ifunbox to put those ultrasnow(2 of them after extraction).deb files into the phone. that link says to reboot and repsring. i rebooted, but
    Green Apple
    Thanks

ok, and one more question. im using ifunbox to put those ultrasnow(2 of them after extraction).deb files into the phone. that link says to reboot and repsring. i rebooted, but now without sbssettings i dont know how to repsring. thanks for all the help

Thanks
    Thanked 14,756 Times in 6,862 Posts

Open cydia a couple times. Then reboot again. Then open cydia again and you should see ultrasnow and mobile substrate under installed packages.

Green Apple
    Thanks

cool, got my service back=-) now figure out why wifi and gps dfont work. thanks a lot man=__))_

Thanks

No prob

Green Apple
    Thanks

looks like gps is working. wifi still not. lol. just i cant get some of my apps back in through itunes, its coming up with an error.error 0xE8008001??

well, im stuck again=-) since my wifi wasn't working, i thought just to restore back to 4.0 for now. Well, i did, and im back at 4.0, but since i have no official sim with me, im stuck at the emergency screen. lol. what do i do now? i cant do a restore with snowbreeze back to 4.21 because itunes wont even let me see the restore button.
    Last edited by stana071; 03-25-2011 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

On 4.0 you can use limera1n on it to activate.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i was trying to find something that could, and i couldnt get into jailbtreakme.com. So limerain activates and jailbreaks?

done....but still no wifi=-)) i really dont know what has happend, cuz i can connect to my wifi, the bars are full, but no internet connection.
    Last edited by stana071; 03-25-2011 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Sounds like it may be an issue with your router then. What IP address is it giving you? It doesnt start with 169 does it?

Green Apple
    Thanks

yea it does. 169. i even went and tried it on a diffrent wifi hotspot and it didnt work. but its the same provider, so it also prob starts with 169. what can be done?

Thanks

Try rebooting the router. Make sure to tell the iPhone to forget the network first. Then try reconnecting after.

Green Apple
    Thanks

You are da man!!!! Hehehe.... It was a long day, getting it to 4.21, then back to 4.0 and again to 4.21 and wifi is finally working! I owe u a beer=_))

Thanks

Glad to hear it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi everyone,

I'm new to iphone, got myself an iphone 3 from a friend, and was wondering if someone could tell me how mod it in order to get free apps from applestore. Would be very greatfull for any help or guidance.

A lost frenchy lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone ismoothproject's Avatar
    Thanks

That is illegal. I know how to do it, but I don't do it and will not help you since it is illegal.
    ModMyi Rocks!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,201 Times in 1,923 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by frenchydavid View Post
    hi everyone,

I'm new to iphone, got myself an iphone 3 from a friend, and was wondering if someone could tell me how mod it in order to get free apps from applestore. Would be very greatfull for any help or guidance.

A lost frenchy lol
    No, sorry we can't help you with that bc that's called stealing. Good luck with your iPhone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i thought that modding an iphone was the way to use free apps, sorry for asking about something illegal, i again appologise for the stupid request.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ismoothproject's Avatar
    Thanks

I will make this simple. If you normally pay for it, and you get it for free without rightful permission from the maker/owner of the app, it is illegal.

There are plenty of things to do with jailbreaking, other than STEALING.

Oh and by the way, I don't download cracked apps. I pay the FULL AMOUNT for what it costs.
    ModMyi Rocks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frenchydavid View Post
    i thought that modding an iphone was the way to use free apps, sorry for asking about something illegal, i again appologise for the stupid request.
    Typically novices associate jailbreaking with stealing. Many of us do not do so here on ModMyi. But thank you for your cooperation.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I do have the point Now. Like i did say i am an iphone new user and what i should have asked it was some help to jailbreak the device in order to be able to intall free apps I thought free apps was comming from the applestore but i understand now that free apps come from develloppers who want theyr apps to stay free and are not in the applestore cause not accepted by the big apple...
    I definitly dont want to still anyone's long hours jobs creating applications for the makket place.

Sincerely sorry for the way i did express my question, I"M FRENCH lol

Thanks

It's quite ok, just a misunderstanding. Here on MMi when people say "free apps" via jailbreak, they typically mean they want to get app store apps without paying for them.

Now the ones in Cydia, the jailbreak app/installer that it is, carries lots of things that Apple won't accept in the app store. There are a multitude of things that can be downloaded there, but not all are free. Some are paid as well, just not allowed in the app store

Hope that makes sense.

I'd be gladly to assist you on working with your phone so long as you can provide the phone model and firmware version.