+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrade iphone 3g from 3.1.2 to 4.*

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hi all I have a jailbroken iPhone 3g 16gb on 3.1.2 but i want to update to 4.* any of them will do, but i need an unlock as well.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Upgrade iphone 3g from 3.1.2 to 4.*
    Hi all

I have a jailbroken iPhone 3g 16gb on 3.1.2 but i want to update to 4.* any of them will do, but i need an unlock as well.

I have been using tiny umbrella but it fails when i try to update it to any of the 4.0's I can update to 4.1 but this jailbreak does not work also no unlock, so I rolled it back again to 3.1.2 but baseband is 05.14.02.

I saw on dev team blog that for a small few you can downgrade your baseband on 3g does anyone know how to.

Any ETA on a 4.1 JB

thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

updating to 4 on a 3G will majorly slow down your phone. Don't recommnend, it doesnt really give you much more anyway unless you at least have the 3GS.

No ETA on JB 4.1. Hopefully soon.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Ginger is right, wait till 4.1 jailbreak is available. Most 3G users who have upgraded to 4.0 has to revert back to 3.xx OS. Unlike the 3GS, which is geared for iOS 4.0 because it has double the speed and double the ram.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey everyone, thanks for answering this guys' main question. This is a great way to make people leave the forum and go somewhere else. He didn't ask for an opinion, just some instructions. Good job