+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgraded 3GS to fw4.0 and lost wifi at work - tried EVERYTHING...

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hello mmi community. I am at a loss! First off: I was 3GS fw3.1.2 jb with blackra1n. I held out on the 4.0fw until my cydia apps were updated! I
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Upgraded 3GS to fw4.0 and lost wifi at work - tried EVERYTHING...
    Hello mmi community. I am at a loss!
    First off: I was 3GS fw3.1.2 jb with blackra1n.
    I held out on the 4.0fw until my cydia apps were updated! I decided I was finally ready to pull the trigger last week.
    I downloaded the official 4.0fw, and created a custom 4.0 ipsw to shift-click restore to. Everything went well. I successfully upgraded to my custom ipsw file and am jailbroken on 4.0.
    However, this is where my problem comes in. I immediately noticed a problem connecting to my work's wifi. The wifi channel will show up, the ip address and all information, etc. It says I'm connected, but no wifi bars appear in the status bar, and when I try to access the Internet it says I have no connection.
    After many searches it seems many people are having this problem, specifically 3G and 3GS iPhones. I have heard many things, such as it being a problem with the router running a mixed n, b, g signal and to restate the router. But any home/public wifi connections work just fine! I have reset my network settings, "forgotten" the network, and hard reset numerous times with no luck! I even downloaded wififofum and a biggies wifi analyzer. Each shows that I'm connected to wifi.
    Does anybody know of a fix, app, or patch for this? I can try upgrading to 4.0.1 but I have read reports of people running 4.0.1 and having the same problem. My understanding was that the 4.0.1 fw was just addressing the antennagate signal bars issue for ip4. My last choice is to downgrade back to 3.0.x.
    Can anybody help me?!?!
    Thanks in advance to all who take the time time to read this and respond.

CHR!S

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well, I guess I'm gonna try creating and running a custom 4.0.1 ipsw and see if that helps...

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

No idea man sry, unlock should be out soon