Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: tiny umbrella ??

Default tiny umbrella ??
    ok i restored to 4.1 like tiny umbrella said and it worked my bb stayed at 1.59 and it loaded all my apps back up and ive been having a problem with my apps. so i decided to just start over fresh on the iphone 4 and i went to restore it again to 4.1 and forgot to hit the start tts server. well now my bb went to 2. So ive tried the way it says to get back to my bb 1.59 and i cant get it to work. has anyone else done this and got it to work the right way.

Thanks

your baseband can not be downgraded, if you relied on an unlock you will have to wait for the next unlock (and hope there is one)

damn. im not worried about unlocking the phone just want to be able to jailbreak it when available for the 4.1. but it says on the site its able to downgrade the bb. thats why i thought it was possible....

I have heard a few folks voice concerns about how they can downgrade their 2.x baseband to 1.59.00 on iPhone4. Here are the basic steps:

•Close TinyUmbrella (if open)
    •Close iTunes (if open)
    •Remove ALL lines in your hosts file that contain gs.apple.com
    •Windows: Start -> cmd -> ipconfig /flushdns
    •Mac: Terminal -> dscacheutil -flushcache
    •Start iTunes
    •Restore (NOT UPDATE) Stock 4.0.2 iPhone 4 - 4.0.2 Download
    Note that this will only work while Apple is signing 4.0.2 SHSH requests. This is due to the way Apple now updates/restores Baseband Firmware for the iPhone 4 different from the way it did to prior devices. Lucky us...