Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.1 Jailbreak is out according to twitter

Default 4.1 Jailbreak is out according to twitter
    GAP jailbreak 4.1 is out... Go... ΟΥΣΤ

Jim Pik (dimitris1900) on Twitter

Legitimate?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

no

Actually they have been able to jailbreak iOS 4.1 using pwngetool to create a custom firmware...only works on the 3GS old bootrom though.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Shafted For This Useful Post:

Robcoffee (09-12-2010)

Thanks
    I haven't seen any tweets from the dev team, or much here on modmyi. I know jb 4.1 isn't out, but where does one go to see any progress discussion?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shafted View Post
    Actually they have been able to jailbreak iOS 4.1 using pwngetool to create a custom firmware...only works on the 3GS old bootrom though.
    How about the 3G can it be jailbroken & unlocked on 4.1?

i am currently on 4.0.2 and it is running like Crap. i scene on a tube video that it will run much faster with 4.1

please let me know, and if you can point me in the direction of instructions on how it is done "if it can be done"

thanks
    Last edited by Rinnycoop121; 09-12-2010 at 08:17 AM.

this is funny..... i wonder how much money the many app developers who have apps hosted on cydia and the like are loosing because no one will release the jailbreak for 4.1

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnycoop121 View Post
    How about the 3G can it be jailbroken & unlocked on 4.1?

i am currently on 4.0.2 and it is running like Crap. i scene on a tube video that it will run much faster with 4.1

please let me know, and if you can point me in the direction of instructions on how it is done "if it can be done"

thanks
    Yes, it can, and a simple search or a head over to the right forums should point you in the right direction...(I don't know how, I just know you can).

@SOSDD: They're not just wasting the day away to piss people off and test people's patience. They're also busy and have lives, and hundreds of thousands of people look to these small few people for JB...wouldn't YOU want to get it right the first time and not be response for so many people being stuck in a restore loop or something?

Everyone may as well sit back and wait, even if it takes weeks. Its ready when its ready. At the end of the day, if you want 4.1 badly enough then update but if you are patient then wait. Only the dev team have any idea when it will be released so lets stop spreading rumours and state the facts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SOSDD View Post
    this is funny..... i wonder how much money the many app developers who have apps hosted on cydia and the like are loosing because no one will release the jailbreak for 4.1
    I'm pretty sure that no one would mind (including the dev team and the app developers) if you found the exploit, developed the jailbreak tool, and released it yourself, it would definitely take a load off of them
    Last edited by j3st3r; 09-12-2010 at 10:51 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i agree with everyone else, especially j3st3r3.... i would love for you to find an exploit.... and i would love it even more if you developed the tool to take advantage of the exploit.... all the dev team has worked their butts off to bring us the many jailbreak that there have been, so give it a rest.... keep your phone on whatever you have and stop complaing.... good day

I wasn't the one crying about it. LOL
    I just posted my thought. Just a hint, I never named the dev team in my post, so maybe some of us are capable of waiting or perhaps already have a 4.1 jailbroken device.

Have a great day all!
    Last edited by SOSDD; 09-12-2010 at 12:20 PM.

Honestly, why would they lose money?

Either:

A) You're into the jailbreak. You simply won't upgrade until 4.1 is jailbroken
    B) You bought an app from Cydia, but decide that you want 4.1, and developers don't lose money
    C) You're stuck on 4.0.2 or 4.1, and plan to jailbreak. You'll buy the app then, developers lose no money
    D) You don't care at all, and won't jailbreak. Time frame doesn't matter at all in this scenario.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Timtacious For This Useful Post:

mortopher (09-12-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

^This.

Every time there is a new iOS released a select few seem to think that the devs somehow lose sleep over it.