+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Have SHSH still can't downgrade?

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Im using Iphone 4 iOS 4.02 and am trying to down grade to iOS 4.01. I have my shsh saved on my PC from umbrela for 4.01 it gets verified
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Have SHSH still can't downgrade?
    Im using Iphone 4 iOS 4.02 and am trying to down grade to iOS 4.01. I have my shsh saved on my PC from umbrela for 4.01 it gets verified and stars to restore but later stops with a error.

Im using Itunes 10. Any ideas?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Host file edited?
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone holl0wm1nd's Avatar
    Thanks

You need to edit the host file. Fo that, open the file /etc/hosts (Mac OS X) or CWindows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (Windows) and add the following entry to the bottom of the file:

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

Now, when iTunes thinks it is talking to Apple, it is talking to Cydia instead. Doing this will allow iTunes to access signatures already stored by Cydia's "on file" feature.
    Please hit the Thanks button if you think this was helpful or if it maybe raised a smile!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You could also save that SHSH in the TinyUmbrella folder, and then run the TSS server instead of editing your hosts file.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

^ +1 that was the only way I was able to get my phone to downgrade properly. The host file editing never really worked for me

Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

what error are you getting?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Timtacious View Post
    You could also save that SHSH in the TinyUmbrella folder, and then run the TSS server instead of editing your hosts file.
    I did run tinyumbrells tss server and have the shsh saved from 4.01 in it's folder it will start the restore but half way though i get "an unknown error has occurred 1004.

Any ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, according to redmondpie, it could be installed properly.

Step 5: Now sit back and enjoy as iTunes does the rest for you. This will involve a series of automated steps. Be patient at this stage and don’t do anything silly. Just wait while iTunes installs firmware on your iPhone. Your iPhone screen at this point will be showing a progress bar indicating installation progress. Now at some point, iTunes will probably throw 1004 or 1015 error at you. This is normal, just ignore this error as the firmware has already been successfully installed on the device.

Step 6: Your iPhone at this point will be stuck in Recovery Mode, showing that “Connect to iTunes” screen. To exit your device from Recovery Mode, download this program called TinyUmbrella (Windows / Mac). Run it and the click on “Kick Device Out of Recovery” button. Your device will now restart normally.
    Fix iTunes 1004, 1015 Error, and Restore iPhone 4, 3GS Successfully on iOS 4.0.1 [How to Guide] | Redmond Pie

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

1004 i believe is indeed properly restored. Just an error that says the baseband wasnt downgraded and stuck you into Recovery Mode. When you get error 1004 just ignore it and continue to kick it outta recovery with Recboot or TinyUmbrella. Then activate and JB as normal.