Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
09-10-2010, 09:36 PM #1JB iPhone hacked despite SSH p/w change?
Wasn't sure if this was the right sub-forum for my issue, but I thought I'd find the expertise I need here and it seemed like the best fit.
I have a spirit jailbroken 3GS running on iOS 4.0. I have installed the PDF PAtch and changed my SSH password.
I just returned home from a walk to find some oddities with my phone. The SSH and Wifi were both on during this walk.
What I noticed:
- The signal strength bar was showing a -87 rather than bars. Tapping it returns the bars.
- Some of my JB apps were moved out of their folders. When I resprung, they were returned to their folders.
- There was a web bookmark on my springboard that linked to skill2thrill.com. I have never been to this site.
- The link was Have a Chance to Win an iPad!
- My SBSettings theme had been changed to something called 'tenuis matte'. I didn't install this theme - not sure if it's a default?
The skill2thrill link opened up a competition page - who was the founder of appl bla bla bla. I was unable to close this page - whenever I click the 'tabs' button, nothing would pop up. I have since closed the safari process and now it seems back to normal.
I am a bit lost as to what has happened and what to do now? It seems to me my device is compromised. Do I need to reinstall? How did this happen? SSH? Dodgy JB app? Should I change all my passwords?
Hope you can help, if I can provide any more relevant details, let me know...
09-10-2010, 11:24 PM #2
I suggest you do a restore again to be on the safe side.
09-11-2010, 12:49 AM #3
Cheers, will do.
Any idea what might have happened though?
Is there a risk in creating a new pkgbackup or itunes backup nos, and then using them after restoring the phone?
Any risk that saved passwords on the phone could have been compromised?
09-11-2010, 12:51 AM #4
I don't know what happened but i think your iphone has been compromised.
pkgbackup is safe.
09-11-2010, 12:54 AM #5
That may be a risk. I would setup as new and not from backup just in case. Not sure what happened to you but always play it safe to get back. You may want to check some of the sites and items you have a saved password for.[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]