Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help AGAIN!!!!!!!! I finally jailbroke the 4.1

Default Help AGAIN!!!!!!!! I finally jailbroke the 4.1
    OK so i finally jailbroke the 4.1os on my iphone 3g. but everytime i upload cydia it gives this error messg netwrk 5 unable to load . and everytime i try to install a new app on the iphone it gives me this error mssg 8xE000086 or something did i do something wrong? i ahve already tried to rejailbreak it over and over again which took some time.but cydia is still messing up. i used redsnow to download it but it is still not wokring everything else is though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vil89six View Post
    OK so i finally jailbroke the 4.1os on my iphone 3g. but everytime i upload cydia it gives this error messg netwrk 5 unable to load . and everytime i try to install a new app on the iphone it gives me this error mssg 8xE000086 or something did i do something wrong? i ahve already tried to rejailbreak it over and over again which took some time.but cydia is still messing up. i used redsnow to download it but it is still not wokring everything else is though.
    where the guide for jailbreak plz

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Technically you shouldnt be able to JB 4.1. So this could be the result of a failed JB.

Youd probably wanna downgrade to 4.0.x if you have the SHSHs for them or 3.1.x if you dont have SHSHs.

The problem is all the guides on the net for using early 4.1 beta's with redsn0w and pointing it at 4.0 firmware - the final ios 4.1 clearly does not work this way and you end up with no phone app, no Internet even though it says it is connected and you can't synch apps. Until redsn0w is updated just use it on 4.0.2 for 3G and 2g iPhones.

Default reply
    ok but how do i downgrade from 4.1 to 4.0.2?? i tried to holod down the shift button and select retore on itunes. but it just froze my phone an dmade me restore it completly and i had to jailbreak it again. i guess i am not getting how to downgrade to 4.0 or at least 3.1.3 os or can i do that or do i have to download the 4.0.2 software and downgrade to that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone holl0wm1nd's Avatar
    Thanks

Vil89six, if you used Redn0w 0.9.5b5-5 to jailbreak 4.1, then you'll have several problems such as Cydia not working, missing phone.app, wi-fi not working, etc...
    Secondly, you can't downgrade to 4.0.2 because there's no jailbreak for this version. You need then to downgrade to 4.0.1 in order to use jailbreakme or earlier (if you have or SHSH blobs saved). Otherwise you're stuck.
    Please hit the Thanks button if you think this was helpful or if it maybe raised a smile!