Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems Restoring iPhone 4 iOS 4.0.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone swifttricker's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Problems Restoring iPhone 4 iOS 4.0.1
    I've looked everywhere for info on my problems and cant find a solutions so hopefully somebody can help me here.

Basically i just want to restore my iPhone 4 to 4.0.1 from 4.0.1 reason being my phone has gone really slow from deleting replacing files for themeing and testing things.

My SHSH is saved for 4.0 and 4.0.1 as shown in attachment.

this is my method:

Turn off phone and plug into iTunes, hold home button and power together, as soon as apple logo shows let go of power button until itunes says it has detected my phone.

I then run tinyumbrella and start TSS server it says it is accepting all connections.

i then restore and point to the firmware 4.0.1 (also tried 4.0)

after the software has been extracted i get error 3002.

I have read that this is because my blobs are not saved but they are! there must be something i am doing wrong because according to cydia my shsh files have been saved.

If anyone could shed any light on this problem it would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.png  

Did u edit ur hosts file? Looks like u forgot =p
    C/windows/drivers/etc/hosts
    Open it with notepad
    You don't even need tinyumbrella this time, it's really simple, check the link below
    http://www.techpinas.com/2010/08/downgrade-iphone-4-ios-to-401-easy-way.html

It says downgrade but it works the same for restore
    Last edited by Waleed786; 09-06-2010 at 05:02 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    Did u edit ur hosts file? Looks like u forgot =p
    I didnt first time round but then saw this on a website, then when i looked this up on the internet the code that i'm supposed to insert into the file was different on a few different sites?? any idea what im actually supposed to add to the file

Just add what's on that site link I gave you, it worked for me. I didn't even use tinyumbrella.
    The. Code is actually an ip address that links to the cydia server, I don't know If they have multiple addresses or If they changed it, but the one on the site is the most updated one and worked for me last week
    Last edited by Waleed786; 09-06-2010 at 05:14 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Waleed786 For This Useful Post:

swifttricker (09-06-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    Just add what's on that site link I gave you, it worked for me. I didn't even use tinyumbrella.
    The. Code is actually an ip address that links to the cydia server, I don't know If they have multiple addresses or If they changed it, but the one on the site is the most updated one and worked for me last week
    Ok thanks a lot for your help ill try this when i get home

Are you on a Mac or PC? Tinyumbrella works wonders on a pc.. But on a Mac I've had issues. Your best bet on a Mac is to edit the host file using terminal :P.

I to want to do this but I not sure cydia has my shsh on file even though it says it has 4.01 on it's server
    because I jailbroke my ip4 a day after 4.02. Came out could cydia make a mistake or do apple keep signing for a few days after?
    How can I check

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goboom View Post
    Are you on a Mac or PC? Tinyumbrella works wonders on a pc.. But on a Mac I've had issues. Your best bet on a Mac is to edit the host file using terminal :P.
    Im on PC, do i still have to edit the file on PC? And how can it be done by not using umbrella?

The link I gave u tells u exactly how to do it without using umbrella, just need to edit the hosts, I'm on a pc too and it worked

(If SHSH is saved on the cydia server)
    add this to the host file(if you see gs.apple.com with a different IP, delete it):
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

put phone into DFU mode,
    shift click restore button(option click on a mac)
    click the new OS you want to install
    it should verify and install the new OS

when its done you will get an error message, but thats normal, the new OS has been installed. However your phone will stay in recovery mode.

you can then use TinyUmbrella, and click the button to kick the phone out of recovery mode.

it should reboot, and all should be well

Quote Originally Posted by Münch View Post
    I to want to do this but I not sure cydia has my shsh on file even though it says it has 4.01 on it's server
    because I jailbroke my ip4 a day after 4.02. Came out could cydia make a mistake or do apple keep signing for a few days after?
    How can I check
    When 4.0.2 came out, apple was still signing for 4.0.1 until a week after. They usually don't do this, but that's what happened. Use tiny umbrella to make sure u have them

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Waleed786 For This Useful Post:

Münch (09-06-2010)

Thanks

I also read that you cant do this with itunes 9.2 and have to install itunes 9.0 is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by swifttricker View Post
    I also read that you cant do this with itunes 9.2 and have to install itunes 9.0 is this true?
    I've never heard of this but I have 9.0 so I don't know, if u have 9.2 and it doesn't work, just download 9.0.

i have 9.2 and it worked fine for me. I dont know about 10 though, havent installed it yet

Thanks

i dont have 10, have 9.2 so ill just try it on that, ill let u all know how i get on, thanks for all the advice.

Worked fine restored 3 times with no problems!
    Last edited by swifttricker; 09-07-2010 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

@swifttricker

the reason that tinyumbrella didn't work for you is that you have to first save the shsh blobs to your computer using tinyumbrella and then start the TSS server (which by the way it edits your host file for you to point back to your own computer), it's a good idea to save the shsh's to your own computer as a precaution in case saurik's server is down and you need to restore

i have an iphone 4 4.0 firmware.It was working perfectly for me but then i installed lockdown application from Cydia and then my phone just stopped working.I can open the applications but they are not working.I want to restore my firmware and installed tiny umberella also and took a ssh back up.I put the phone on
    dfu mode But whenever i try to restore the [I] tune gives an error 3179.
    Can any one please help

Thanks

at what point in the restore proccess are you getting the error?

I've never done this, does the iPhone have to be on or off to start entering dfu? I believe off but to make sure.

Also when you do a dfu restore, does e everything on the iPhone get wiped lime music/apps/bookmarks?

Thanks!