+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How Do I Display AM/PM on Lock Screen Clock?

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I feel so stupid that I didn't notice or that it didn't bother me before but there is no AM or PM listed on the clock time in the lock
    Thanks

Default How Do I Display AM/PM on Lock Screen Clock?
    I feel so stupid that I didn't notice or that it didn't bother me before but there is no AM or PM listed on the clock time in the lock screen. I don't have the iPhone on 24 hour format and the half-fix of toggling it from 12 hour to 24 hour format and restarting it does not work no matter how many times I do it.

The reason I suddenly noticed this was that I awoke from a good nap after work suddenly and thought it was the next morning by looking at the lock screen clock on my iPhone around 6:45PM and around that time, the light coming in from outside looks like it could be morning so I almost went in to work thinking I was late! I know, it's really a funny story but so true and I now I desperately need to find a way to put AM/PM back in the lock screen clock as it currently stands.

After searching, I understand on a previous OS it was there but now it seems to be absent. Could someone please help me with this or at least tell me how to do it by SSHing the iPhone? I really appreciate it.

Thanks

I can't believe no matter where I go or how techie some guys are, this one issue stumps EVERYONE! You'd think someone would have incorporated the AM and PM into the lockscreen by now but I guess it's just impossible.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

There are other clock apps that u can get and use that as a clock when u go to sleep..or u can just slide to unlock then look at the status bar

Thanks

I know, I know but I'd rather not do that. And the weird thing is the AM/PM shows in the status bar, so why not on the lockscreen?! This is the one small little pet peeve I really wish Apple would fix! 

Green Apple
    Thanks

surely you know anyway by looking up in combination with whether you just got up or have been up for hours?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

settings - gerneral - date and time - 24 hour time make sure its off

opps sorry didnt read it right 3 am here sleepy time for me to go bed.. nite lol
    Last edited by dtox2008; 09-10-2010 at 07:53 PM. Reason: not reading post right