+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How To Make A Cydia Package

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
In this post I will explain how to make a Cydia package ( a .deb file). 1. Make a folder on your desktop. Call it whatever your package is called.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default How To Make A Cydia Package
    In this post I will explain how to make a Cydia package ( a .deb file).

1. Make a folder on your desktop. Call it whatever your package is called.

Inside make a folder called DEBIAN and another folder that is called Library if your package is a theme, Applications if it is an app. For other package types, refer elseware. Open the DEBIAN folder, then open notepad. Type in
    Package: "This is the identifier of the package"
    Name: "Name of the program"
    Version: "Program Version"
    Architecture: iphoneos-arm
    Depends: "Packages that need to be installed"
    Description: "A description of the program"
    Homepage: "'More Information' on the Details page
    Depiction: "IF YOU WANT TO PUT A DEPICTION, THEN REFER ELSEWARE"
    Maintainer: "Person to contact-Format='Name <email address>'"
    Author: "Wrote the software, format same as Maintainer"
    Sponsor: "Funded project-Format='Name <website>'"
    Section: "Section in Cydia"

then replace all the fields in quotations with their values EXCEPT for Architecture and Depicture (Architecture=iphoneos-arm, Depiction should be blank)
    Then save as control (no extension at all). Exit the DEBIAN folder and open the Library folder (if you made a theme) or the Applications folder (if you made an app). If you are in Library (for a theme), then create a new folder called Themes. If you are in Applications (for an app), then create a new folder called ----.app (replace the ----with the Application name). Only if you are making a theme, then, in the Themes folder, make another folder called ----.theme (replace ---- with theme name). In the folder you should now be in (either ----.theme or ----.app) download your theme or app (to find out how to make a theme or app, look elseware) content to the folder. Exit.

2. On your jailbroken iDevice download OpenSSH and Terminal. If are using a Mac, you need Cyberduck, if you are using a PC, you need WinSCP. SSH in and navigate to /
    Create a new directory called cydia. Open it and create a new directory called apps. Open it and transfer the folder that you created in your desktop earlier to the apps directory. Now on your iDevice open Terminal. Type:
    cd /cydia/apps/
    dpkg -b ----

Where ---- is the name of the folder you transferred to /cydia/apps/

You will now have a file in /cydia/apps/ called ----.deb

3. (Only if you want to distribute your package in Cydia. Otherwise just copy/move the deb to /var/root/Cydia/AutoInstall/ creating some of the directories if necessary. When you reboot, your package will have been installed. However, if you wish to distribute in Cydia continue reading). Go to any repository and upload your deb and fill out all forms and requirements. If you can't find anywhere, then follow this link http://www.thebigboss.org/ and follow the instructions.

That's all there is to it!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to erikseguin For This Useful Post:

4KhmeriPhone (06-19-2012), dsg (01-28-2014), narritu (03-05-2014), Reeiiko (08-15-2013), RKO1195 (12-15-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,
    Thanks for good post. Do you know how to trace the live download of an DEB file in cydia. I have my repo there but I don't know to trace how many number of downloaded

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhmeriPhone View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks for good post. Do you know how to trace the live download of an DEB file in cydia. I have my repo there but I don't know to trace how many number of downloaded
    If you're in the modmyi repo, it will tell you by clicking on live download stats

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPod View Post
    If you're in the modmyi repo, it will tell you by clicking on live download stats
    Hi,
    If you don't mind please help to explain me or give any sample that I can do for my packages (free packages)?
    Best regards,

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Which repo are they on?

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPod View Post
    Which repo are they on?
    As my language (Unicode fonts) is built in the iOS, no keyboard support and not even correct date, time and region. I have ported my Unicode fonts and keyboards and fix the date and time. All these packages are free for my community.

You can check my repo: 4khmeriphone.com/sp/

Please help me how i can trace the number of download.

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can anyone help me package my Zeppelin Logo so I can post it on Cydia? It will be free... just want to post it.. any help would be appreciated.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Just put in a .zip format and then you can package it with this tool: iDeb by myRepoSpace.com - .ZIP to .DEB online converter - iPhone Cydia Hosting Community
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to H4CK3R For This Useful Post:

MoonDogg (08-18-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    Just put in a .zip format and then you can package it with this tool: iDeb by myRepoSpace.com - .ZIP to .DEB online converter - iPhone Cydia Hosting Community
    Ok.. sorry for the noob ?'s but.. how do I setup the zip.. like do I need to put it in a folder hierarchy? I got my folders with my Logo's that are named for the Logo's themselves that are supposed to be copied in to the folder /Library/Zeppelin/ I zipped just the folders and made .deb with tool and it installs but does not show up in that folder.. nor does it show up in Zeppelin. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

He sent me a PM and we managed to figure this out. His post was in moderating status, so this issue is solved.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well making the folders Theme makes it save to winterboard for it is used for that so try doing something such as Zeppelins? Although this question was probably answered forever ago haha