Page 61 of 73 FirstFirst ... 11 515960616263 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1457

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How-To] Using tiny umbrella to update/downgrade/restore

Thanks

Go to felixbruns.de ad download the ipad 2 iOS 5.1 ipsw file and save to your desktop. Then do shift+restore in itunes and point it to the downloaded ipsw
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks

Forgot this site had them too
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Thanks
    Thanked 15,476 Times in 7,086 Posts

Don't worry, I used to do the same thing all the time too

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello,
    I used tiny umbrella to back up SHSH for my devices which I believe are 5.01, and 5.01b, for my iPhone4s (CDMA version).
    As well I have 5.01 IPSW, on my system.

I always thought that if I had a problem all I needed to do is go into iTunes hold the shift button down and choose restore, pointing it to the 5.01 ipsw at which time I could jailbreak again.

Recently I have been told over and over again that you can no longer jailbreak a iPh4s like that since the release of 5.1 (I have not upgraded to).
    I was told that the process I am describing can only be done on the iPhone4 A4 and not the iPhone4s A5.

Is this true???
    I wanted to restore back to a clean version of 5.01 and jailbreak again because over the past there have been a app?, tweak?, that aren't now playing nice with my device.
    When I install a tweak or app form Cydia I can choose to Restart Springboard, I have to wait until the device times out an repring's itself.
    Now this is minor but I think its just the beginning to a device crash.

So I ask am I stuck until a jailbreak is found for the iPh4s A5 OS5.1?

Thanks
    --
    JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Support P.E.T.A. [PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS]

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Correct cant downgrade the a5 chips as of now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Correct cant downgrade the a5 chips as of now.
    OK so if I my a5 device is presently on 5.01 and I ned to restore (Shift / Restore) is that downgrading?

I would think that if I was on 5.1 and wanted go back to 5.01 that would be downgrading.
    I just am asking for clarity.

Thanks
    --
    JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Thanks

A5 devices can only restore to the latest firmware available at the present time. Regardless of what firmware they are currently on.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

What Simon said

Thanks

Thanks
    --
    JW

Default Everything seems OK, but still stuck in Recovery Mode
    All,

I've read tons of posts about this problem, and still can't recover my phone. Here's a brief description of my situation:

1. Did a "reset all data" on my iPhone 4 running iOS 4.3 (8F190). Phone got stuck in Recovery Mode.
    2. I had previously saved my SHSHs with Tinyumbrella. Tried "Exit Recovery" and "Fixed Recovery" buttons with no success.
    3. Downloaded and tried "fixrecovery43" on Mac OS 10.6.8. It connected with the phone (saw all the command lines) but I did get a few errors in the console (see full log in attached file). The phone restarted back in Recovery Mode.
    4. Entered DFU mode and tried a restore using iTunes, my own SHSHs and selected the file "iPhone3,1_4.3_8F190_Restore.ipsw" in my hard drive. The restore process went fine until the end, when I got error "1". Tried a second time (same process) and got error "1013".

Any ideas of how to get out of this annoying scenario and get my phone working again?
    Thank you so much!
    Alex.

Update: I'm attaching the log from TinyUmbrella (v5.10.14) just in case it helps. I believe iTunes shows the error "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1)" right at the end, when it tries to verify the SHSH for the second time.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Alex2012; 04-23-2012 at 11:57 AM.

I have a problem restoring my iPhone 4. Now is jailbroken with 5.0.1, and I want to restore it with the same firmware (in case I want to jailbreak it again). I put it in DFU mode with redsnow (last version) , installed tiny umbrella, save SHSH, start TSS server and I get all the time error 1600(with both the option "set host to cydia" check and uncheck), or sometimes other random error. Any suggestion?

Thanks

You need to use redsnow to stitch your shsh directly into the firmware. Then enter pwned dfu and restore to your stitched 5.0.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    You need to use redsnow to stitch your shsh directly into the firmware. Then enter owned dfu and restore to your stitched 5.0.1.
    It worked! Thanks

I keep getting error (11) on iPhone 4 running 5.0.1. I am trying to restore to the same firmware and my SHSH blobs are saved for that firmware, I am also running the latest version of Tiny Umbrella v5.10.14 and have save SHSH since updates just incase the BBTickets weren't saved. My phones On/Off button is jammed so I tried in recovery mode also, but due to the button being broken I cannot put it into DFU mode. Any help, Much appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ceramicwhite View Post
    I keep getting error (11) on iPhone 4 running 5.0.1. I am trying to restore to the same firmware and my SHSH blobs are saved for that firmware, I am also running the latest version of Tiny Umbrella v5.10.14 and have save SHSH since updates just incase the BBTickets weren't saved. My phones On/Off button is jammed so I tried in recovery mode also, but due to the button being broken I cannot put it into DFU mode. Any help, Much appreciated.
    You need to make a 5.0.1 firmware with the SHSH stitched into it. You wont be able to do this with a broken home/power button though as you will need to enter pwned DFU to be able to restore to this stitched firmware.

Hi all,

I am trying to downgrade my ipad 1 fw 5.1 to 5.01. I used tinyumbrella and Ifaith last night but itunes kept on giving me errors: first it was 2500, then 16(i think, it was 2am)
    What am I doing wrong?

what do you mean by "using redsnow to stitched your fw"?

Page 61 of 73 FirstFirst ... 11 515960616263 71 ... LastLast