Page 60 of 74 FirstFirst ... 10 505859606162 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1462

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How-To] Using tiny umbrella to update/downgrade/restore

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

No idea could be months no eta on it

Hi guys.

My iPad 1 is on firmware 3.? (Not sure because in DFU mode.) Trying to upgrade to 5.0.1. TinyUmbrella got my 5.0.1 SHSH from Cydia. I use legit firmware via Restore/Shift. Tried using TSS server - Failed. Tried Set Hosts to Cydia - Failed. Stuck in Recovery mode too.

Spent hours on this!

Thanx for looking.

Thanks

Did you download a custom fw?

Thanks

Welcome buddy. Can also git it from the site under the downloads forum

Thanks
    Thanked 15,540 Times in 7,105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skywalka View Post
    Hi guys.

My iPad 1 is on firmware 3.? (Not sure because in DFU mode.) Trying to upgrade to 5.0.1. TinyUmbrella got my 5.0.1 SHSH from Cydia. I use legit firmware via Restore/Shift. Tried using TSS server - Failed. Tried Set Hosts to Cydia - Failed. Stuck in Recovery mode too.

Spent hours on this!

Thanx for looking.
    You have to stitch your 5.0.1 SHSH directly into your 5.0.1 firmware for the restore to go through. The latest versions of iFaith or redsnow can do this.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

skywalka (04-03-2012)

Thanx Simon.

OK I used redsn0w to stitch the firmware.
    Just tried in DFU mode (cause still stuck in Restore Loop).
    Tried using TSS server - Error 1600.
    Tried Set Hosts to Cydia - Error 1600.

Thanks

Use redsn0wto put it in pwnd dfu mode and try restoring again
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

10. The Following User Says Thank You to celeron For This Useful Post:

skywalka (04-03-2012)

Tried the same as last time but in Recovery Mode (not DFU mode).
    Error 1604 for TSS & Hosts to Cydia.
    Will try pwnd DFU mode now.

pwnd DFU worked. Thanx.
    Last edited by skywalka; 04-03-2012 at 03:04 AM.

Thanks

Yup, have to be in pwned DFU to restore to any kind firmware that is not stock.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skywalka View Post
    Tried the same as last time but in Recovery Mode (not DFU mode).
    Error 1604 for TSS & Hosts to Cydia.
    Will try pwnd DFU mode now.

pwnd DFU worked. Thanx.
    No problem

Hey guys, i have an iphone 4s on 5.0.1, jailbroke it with absinthe for a5 devices. I am having some major issues with my phone, is there a way to restore it and re-jailbreak it at this point? or am I screwed until a jailbreak comes for 5.1?

Thanks

If you restore you will be stuck with 5.1

Hello guys, I don't know if I'm beyond help here... there seems to be so much information relating to so many different setups yada yada but here we go:

I was previously on 4.2.1 JB iphone 4, no worries about unlocks etc.

I decided I'd try to update to 5.0.1 so I could have a go on some of the newer apps and see the new os. When using iFaith things went a bit crazy after I stitched something to 5.0.1 and entered DFU mode. I am now stuck in iTunes recovery mode with apparently no way of getting back into the phone. It is no longer listed as 'my phone' in iTunes but rather the generic 'iPhone'.

I have saved some blobs (I think) using tiny umbrella but however I try to restore, there is always some sort of unknown error, including 3002, 1604 and many others. I have unticked the boxes in tiny umbrella but this doesn't seem to help. I have tried entering pwnd DFU mode via iFaith but this only gains me a different image when the restore fails (some sort of eagle).

Anything I can do or am I buggered?

Thanks!

edit- to clarify, I want to get 5.0.1 but must still be stuck in 4.2.1

Thanks

Are you sure you have 5.0.1 shsh? If you don't you will get errors. They have to be shsh for your device. Cannot be from another one.

Hi Guys,

I'm having trouble with my unlocked iphone 4s that was jailbroken (ios5.0.1) using Absinthe on Windows 7. At this point I don't mind if the phone ends up on ios5.1, i just want it to work! The phone appears to be dead, or stuck in some type of restore loop. It ran out of battery (i think) yesterday and has been black screen ever since, despite being plugged in overnight.

When I plugged into my computer it didn't get picked up until I decided to put it into DFU mode, which resulted in itunes picking up a device in recovery mode. I clicked restore and update, itunes started downloading ios5.1. When I came back after awhile, error 1601 had come up on itunes. I updated itunes and tried again, same thing. When I tried a third time itunes immediately started restoring without downloading the update, making me think that it must of applied the update the second time but is now in some sort of loop. Itunes says its extracting software, and then once it says that its 'preparing iphone for restore' I almost immediatly hear the windows chime that means a device was disconnected. Itunes keeps 'preparing iphone for restore' for 5 minutes and then I get error 1601 (or 1602). I must of done this about a dozen times.

I've also tried tinyumbrella, even though I've never saved an SHSH blob or anything. I open tiny umbrella, put phone in DFU mode, tumbrella picks it up, and the only option thats not grayed out is 'Fix Recovery.' If i press this, the tumbrella log reads:
    04/12/2012 00:01:30.266 Attempting to fix recovery...
    04/12/2012 00:01:33.265 Starting fix recovery sequence...
    04/12/2012 00:01:33.274 Fix Recovery has finished. Allow device to reboot!
    and then nothing happens.

Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Last edited by peli147; 04-11-2012 at 09:09 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to peli147 For This Useful Post:

4middleman (04-11-2012)

Default THANK YOU for these procedures and I finally got my iphone 3gs to downgrade to 4.3.3
    THANK YOU for these procedures and I finally got my iphone 3gs to downgrade to 4.3.3 from 5.1.

Here's my senerio: After getting an iPhone 4s, I wanted to give the 3gs to my wife. So my son wanted to help me by removing my info on it, good intention...but caused more problem. He had updated using iTunes to 5.1 before I was able to tell him NOT to do that. Long story short, after the update the 3gs would not recognize the SIM at all, hence causing activation problem. I saw some resolution of turning on/off Airplane mode, which caused the SIM to be seen, but never after a reboot. After spending about 3 days on various process out there to remedy my problem, none was successful, UNTIL I came across this....GREAT PROCEDURE! Granted, it did not flow verbatim as stated here, but CLOSE enough on the steps that I was able to follow and figure it out. I had thought the problem was with BB 6.15.00, apparently not as it stayed the same. Anyways, my 3gs is now back activated and unlocked...MANY THANKS!!!
    Last edited by Simon; 04-21-2012 at 04:37 PM.

Hi, I bought an iPod 2 and I jailbreaked it before. I tried to download the iOS 5.0.1 from the Settings icon on my iPad 2 but then my iPad wouldn't turn on anymore and it kept on showing a screen with an arrow pointing to an iTunes symbol. I later learned that this was the recovery screen so I tried to put it out of the recovery mode by pressing the home button and power button simultaneously, but the screen kept on returning back to the recovery screen. I could not restore the iPad 2 on iTunes either, so I downloaded Tiny Umbrella 5.10.01 and tried to save the shsh. However, under the recovering devices section on the left side, my iPad did not appear and I only got a device titled ?18092..... I tried to save the shsh of this ?18902... anyways but this did not work. So, I clicked on the device and pressed the exit recovery but then my iPad2 screen went black with a white apple logo in the middle. This logo keeps on dimming and disappearing and even when I plug my iPad 2 to the computer, neither my iTunes nor the Tiny Umbrella notice it. I need urgent help!

Thanks

Try putting it into dfu mode and restore with a stock 5.1 ipsw. You'll lose your jailbreak.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to celeron For This Useful Post:

Eddie Kero (04-21-2012)

I successfully put my iPad 2 into dfu mode but could you tell me how and where I can use the stock 5.1 ipsw?
    Thank you very much for the help!

Page 60 of 74 FirstFirst ... 10 505859606162 70 ... LastLast