Page 49 of 74 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 59 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How-To] Using tiny umbrella to update/downgrade/restore

Simon can you tell me your opinion on this.
    I have IP4 about 2 months old, 4.3.5 is the only fw that was on the phone and I have no other shsh.
    Now I have a tethered jailbreak and a couple of times my phone reboot while I was away from the PC and
    I really wanted to 4.3.3 untethered jailbreak.
    In your experience, can you tell me whether this is possible
    and if it's worth a try?
    Without any responsibility, just your opinion?

Downgrade 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 without SHSH Blobs - iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, 3G, iPad - Jailbreak iOS 5 / 4.3.5 / 4.3.1 / 4.3.2 / 4.3.3 / 4.3.4 Untethered - iPad 2 Jailbreak

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 15,556 Times in 7,111 Posts

Doesn't look like it would work to me. There would be no SHSH for ifaith to extract.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

stratnik (10-15-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Can someone ANYONE please help me to get my iPh4 to restore?

Its been weeks and I have tried tiny umbrella, and so on and well I only want to get my device restored to whatever and then update to iOS5.

I was told that I have to update to a previous OS like 4.28 - 4.2.10 before trying to update.

I did try to update and got a disc full message.
    So now I want to wipe my device clean and fresh from my jailbreak days and install 5.0..
    I previously had sn0wbreeze 4.2.8 installed.

I have not been able to restore to a OEM IOS.

Anyone have any direction?

I have searched I have tried I have posted and still weeks pass by and I cant get this to restore.

Thanks
    --
    JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Support P.E.T.A. [PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    What error are you getting?
    first time I got 1601 which I think is DFU, so I sued redsn0w to put my device into DFU mode.

After that I get a message that says: disc full message, delete some app's and try again.
    I did and same problem...
    --
    JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Thanks

You get a disc full message when trying to restore? I have never heard of that before.

Thanks

OK so I put it back in DFU mode and have tried to restore again.
    First time tried to restore to my sn0wbreeze 4.2.8, and got error 3194...
    Checked and unchecked what I read on line for tiny umbrella.

So I then tried to just to a regular restore (no shift) and got error 2005.
    How do I now get this out of DFU mode and what is going on???
    --
    JW

Thanks

Do this: Open tiny umbrella
    Click on advanced
    deselect the box that says "set hosts to cydia on exit"
    Close tiny umbrella

Then try to restore to 5.0 from DFU mode.

Thanks

Click on advanced
    Close tiny umbrella

Restore to 5.0?
    I haven't updated to 5.0 yet that is what I'm trying to do.
    Only restore is available in iTunes update is grayed out.
    --
    JW

Thanks

That's because you can only restore to 5.0. Even if you had the update option available you would get an error 3002 if you tried. You have to restore to 5.0 then restore your backup after to get your stuff back.

Thanks

Click on advanced
    Close tiny umbrella

OK trying.

Will this totally wipe sn0wbreeze 5.2.8, or will there be remnants still written on the device?
    I want to give this iPh4 to my wife clean is why I am asking.

Also will I be stuck in the recovery mode loop when this finishes?

Thanks
    --
    JW

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    OK trying.

Will this totally wipe sn0wbreeze 5.2.8, or will there be remnants still written on the device?
    I want to give this iPh4 to my wife clean is why I am asking.

Also will I be stuck in the recovery mode loop when this finishes?

Thanks
    Yes, it will totally wipe it as long as you set it up as new after. Why would you end up in recovery after?

Thanks

Yes, it will totally wipe it as long as you set it up as new after. Why would you end up in recovery after?
    I don't know that is what was happening to me all last week when I wanted to restore to the stock 4.2.8.
    --
    JW

so i cant just connect to itunes to fully restore my phone?

That's because you can only restore to 5.0. Even if you had the update option available you would get an error 3002 if you tried. You have to restore to 5.0 then restore your backup after to get your stuff back.
    I found this when I tried to update via itunes. I then tried the restore (I had previously been on 5 and downed to 4.1 on my 3GS) and that didnt work either. I'm getting cant connect to apple servers if I have the cydia adjustment to hosts, and if I dont have that, I get the message that the device is not eligible for that firmware. Looks like I'm stuck on 4.1 forever. I have SHSH for 4.3.3 as well but that puts me into the infinite recovery loop, whether I use the stock 4.3.3 or the custom one.

I'm beginning to wonder if Apple has found some way to detect the redirection to Saurik's server. Because none of its working for me. It just refuses to go any further if the real Apple server cant be found.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
    I found this when I tried to update via itunes. I then tried the restore (I had previously been on 5 and downed to 4.1 on my 3GS) and that didnt work either. I'm getting cant connect to apple servers if I have the cydia adjustment to hosts, and if I dont have that, I get the message that the device is not eligible for that firmware. Looks like I'm stuck on 4.1 forever. I have SHSH for 4.3.3 as well but that puts me into the infinite recovery loop, whether I use the stock 4.3.3 or the custom one.

I'm beginning to wonder if Apple has found some way to detect the redirection to Saurik's server. Because none of its working for me. It just refuses to go any further if the real Apple server cant be found.
    Try doing what I said in post 968. Put the phone in DFU when restoring.

Simon...

I did something i knew I shouldn't have: Tried downgrading a iPhone 4 from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 without SHSH blobs saved (it was soo dang tempting to try) since there were a few "successful" attempts using this guide:

Downgrade 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 without SHSH Blobs on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, 3G, iPad (Tested Method,100% Working) | Smash iPhone

big mistake! .....i got through all the steps...except the final step where my custom 4.3.3 almost restores then goes to dfu loop/black screen. Do you know why? (you dont have to answer this ...i know your time is valuable) Real quesiton is what are my options? Is it possible for me to restore to a custom ios5 as I really need to keep the baseband the same? I tried restoring to stock 4.3.5 and custom ios5, but get nailed with error 3194. I use iReb so I can mount a custom ipsw. I believe that only shsh for 5.0 is saved (ecid: 000003D52E1D43F7) however, still cant seem to restore to custom ios5. Any ideas how I can unbrick this without updating the BB?

what does simon say?

thanks is advance bro.....its 2am, been trying for 3 hours and cant get it straight...
    Last edited by kashvii; 10-26-2011 at 02:08 AM. Reason: wanted to be more clear

Thanks

There is no way to downgrade without SHSH. Any guides saying otherwise are all BS. Anyone who said they had success using one of those guides had SHSH but just didn't know it. You will need to restore to a custom 5.0.
    To get past that 3194 error do this:
    Open tiny umbrella
    Click on advanced
    Close tiny umbrella and proceed with the restore.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jaybell4444's Avatar
    Thanks

I have official 5.0 on my verizon iphone4 and using windows7 64bit. I want to downgrade to 4.2.6 or 4.2.8. I have all the shsh's saved and they all show on Tiny Umbrella.... 4.2.6, 4.2.8, 4.2.9, 4.2.10. T.U. TSS srevice starts up with no problem. Put iphone4 (verizon) in DFU mode and start i-tunes. Restore goes well until the end when I get an ERROR (1). Hit T.U. Exit rcovery but it doesn't take me out of recovery mode. Tried RECBOOT and it kicks me out but recovery mode comes right back in. Put iphone in DFU mode and used fix recovery 4.3. That goes smoothly when when my phone reboots,... I get the "Emergency phone only" and with the recovery sign (USB cable pointing at itunes icon) in the background. Now I can't get out of that. That's as far as I get. I use the latest T.U. and i'm on the latest i-tunes...hmmm ...do I have to downgrade my itunes to 10.1.2.17 to make this work? Nope,...that didn't work either! Frustrated but not giving up! Any ideas???

Thanks

Sounds like you just need to activate the phone with itunes after getting to the emergency call screen. I don't know much about the Verizon iPhone so not sure if it is different for them.

Page 49 of 74 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 59 ... LastLast