Page 22 of 73 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 32 72 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How-To] Using tiny umbrella to update/downgrade/restore

@x98car... yes i have my 4.1 SHSH saved on tiny umbrella...please tell me how to restore, each time i try to restore, itunes give me error 1600 or 28..i have also tried ireb but to no avail. please help

EDIT: I am using windows 7

Thanks
    Thanked 15,494 Times in 7,088 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky111 View Post
    hi guys, i've done searching and i'm still confused as to what i can do, to be honest i'm just scared of losing the unlock. so, i have the iphone 4 on firmware 4.0 01.59.00. i have my shsh saved for 4.0.2, 4.1, 4.2.1. My goal is to successfully upgrade to 4.0.2 or 4.1 and then unlock. i am familiar with tiny umbrella and i know how to restore with it; to my knowledge that's all i know how to do with it. can someone kindly tell me how i can upgrade and unlock this iphone 4? thanks a lot guys, im looking forward to a reply.
    Run tiny umbrella and start the TSS server. Then shift restore to 4.1. You will get a error 1004, just exit recovery with tiny umbrella when you do. Then you can jailbreak with limera1n/greenpoison/redsnow 0.9.6rc8. Stay away from 4.2.1.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Sticky111 (01-26-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thanks a lot x98car, and it's that simple? By using tiny umbrella I'll preserve the bb like I read? Lol when ur nerves get I'm the way you're like, ah oh ****, I don't even know what to do hahaha

Thanks

If you have an iPhone 4 then yes it will preserve your baseband. There is actually no way to update your baseband on a iPhone 4 unless you restore to a regular 4.2.1 right now, so don't do that

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Sticky111 (01-26-2011)

I currently have SHSH for 4.2.1 on my iphone 4. I was testing out tinyumbrella to see if I can restore to stock 4.2.1 using tinyumbrella. Everything I try to do a DFU restore for 4.2.1 through tinyumbrella, I get a 1013 error from Itunes, right before the actual restore process goes through. According to tinyumbrella and cydia, I have my SHSH 4.2.1 stored. Theoretically, shouldn't I be able to use tinyumbrella to restore to 4.2.1? I know apple is still signing 4.2.1 and that I can just do a normal DFU restore without tinyumbrella, but I want to make sure that I can still DFU restore back to 4.2.1 once the newer 4.2.5 or 4.3 firmware comes out and apple stops signing 4.2.1. The hosts file on my computer has been properly edited by tinyumbrella too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by userix View Post
    I currently have SHSH for 4.2.1 on my iphone 4. I was testing out tinyumbrella to see if I can restore to stock 4.2.1 using tinyumbrella. Everything I try to do a DFU restore for 4.2.1 through tinyumbrella, I get a 1013 error from Itunes, right before the actual restore process goes through. According to tinyumbrella and cydia, I have my SHSH 4.2.1 stored. Theoretically, shouldn't I be able to use tinyumbrella to restore to 4.2.1? I know apple is still signing 4.2.1 and that I can just do a normal DFU restore without tinyumbrella, but I want to make sure that I can still DFU restore back to 4.2.1 once the newer 4.2.5 or 4.3 firmware comes out and apple stops signing 4.2.1. The hosts file on my computer has been properly edited by tinyumbrella too.
    Right now there is now way to restore to 4.2.1 using tiny umbrella and be able to exit recovery like you normally would.

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Right now there is now way to restore to 4.2.1 using tiny umbrella and be able to exit recovery like you normally would.
    I see. So should I restore to stock 4.2.1 right now and wait for the untethered jailbreak to come out? Or would I be able to untether my tethered jailbreak without having to DFU restore to stock 4.2.1 first? I just don't want to be stuck on tethered 4.2.1 when apple stops signing 4.2.1. Thanks for the speedy response.

Thanks

Its unknown how the untether will work but more than likely you will need to restore and rejailbreak when it comes out. I wouldnt be usrprised if they wait for 4.3 though so you should be fine to go to that when it comes out. Just keep watching the news section of the site for updates.

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Its unknown how the untether will work but more than likely you will need to restore and rejailbreak when it comes out. I wouldnt be usrprised if they wait for 4.3 though so you should be fine to go to that when it comes out. Just keep watching the news section of the site for updates.
    Would tinyumbrella ever be able to restore 4.2.1? Or is it never going to happen?

Thanks

Not too sure. Semaphore (TU creatore) is working on a few things to incorporate. One of them is restoring without needing itunes at all.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

thanks again, realyy. i have to say i stuck with MMi because the intelligence, quick response and the friendly feel the forum has. i love this place!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ohk i have a ipod 2g mc 4.2.1 and i really want to downgrade it so i am able to jailbreak it but i have followed video after video and i have downloaded the firmware 4.1 and 4.0 cause thts what tiny umbrella said i ha. I have never jailbroke this ipod before and wondered how to downgrade it so i can. I keep getting the message tht the firmware is not compatiable and i want to know what to do. Some advice would be nice. Will nothing work because i have not jailbroken in the past? or should tiny umbrella let me downgraded and im just doin it wrong. so just let me know thank you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well i downloaded tiny umbrella and it brought up 4.0 4.1 and 4.2.1 so shuldnt i be able to downgrade?? I dnt understand it. Everytime i go to shift click restore and select my firmware it says it not compatable? and i have the tts sever running on tiny umbrella so i dnt get it.

Thanks

That usually means you have the wrong firmware for your device. What is the filename of the firmware?

will downgrading firmware also downgrade baseband?

well im on 4.0.1 and my phone just keeps booting itself over and over, its basically stuck on the apple logo. i have my shsh blobs on cydia and i downloaded the 4.0.1 firmware file but i cant put my phone in dfu mode because its just booting itself over and over so i tried turning on tss servers and changed apple hosts file and hit shift plus restore to choose my firmware file but it just keeps saying firmware not compatible.

please help, i really dont want to restore and upgrade to 4.2 and lose my jailbreak.

Thanks

How are you able to click restore if your phone keeps rebooting?

Page 22 of 73 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 32 72 ... LastLast