+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 stuck on apple logo after restore from iphone

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I just got my iphone 4. I wanted to reset the iphone thru settings on the phone so I could set it up to sync everything from text, contacts, notes,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 stuck on apple logo after restore from iphone
    I just got my iphone 4. I wanted to reset the iphone thru settings on the phone so I could set it up to sync everything from text, contacts, notes, etc. In the process of resetting, it got stuck on the the apple. I have jailbroken and unlock it to see if it works. It did work with t mobile. My last two 3gs did the same thing.... I have tried to put it in DFU mode but screen doesn't stay black instead it reboots again. Firmware is on 4.0. Don't want to restore to the newest firmware cause it can not be unlock yet. Any help is appreciated.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I don't get it. If you've has this problem on TWO other phones previously then why did you do it again on this phone?! Unless you have your 4.0 or 4.0.1 SHSH on file with Cydia then you have no choice but to upgrade to 4.0.2 without a jailbreak.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes, i did had problems on two of my 3gs. Wasn't sure if Apple did send something when you sync. I really don't want to restore to 4.0.2. Unlock will be a while for 4.0.2.

Thanks

as far as i know there are no plans for a jailbreak for 4.0.2, as poseidon said unless you saved your 4.0 or 4.0.1 shsh's the only option you have is to restore to 4.0.2 and wait for 4.1 to be released and hope that a jailbreak follows
    In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete, drawn only to be washed away. For the time that I've been given, I am what I am. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So, every 3gs and iphone 4 will brick if restore from the phone?

Thanks

when you reset a phone it requires a restore through iTunes, it's not bricked it just needs a restore, but to answer the question yes that will happen everytime

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I read on redmondpie.com dat u can restore by adding a opening a file under notepad then add something n save. It tricks iTunes n then lets u restore. I tried it but didn't do it rite, I suppose.... I'm sure ppl who has 3g iphones dat da warranty r long gone will get mad. If they want to reset all settings, they must reconnect to iTunes to restore to da newest firmware which really slows down da iphone. We jst can't keep da same firmware wen we restore it thru da iphone.

Thanks

you can restore a 3g to any firmware under 4.0 without having to change the host file, and as far as tricking itunes that only works if you have shsh's for that particular firmware (4.0, 4.0.1 for the 3g) so that is probably why it didn't work for you
    In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete, drawn only to be washed away. For the time that I've been given, I am what I am. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    when you reset a phone it requires a restore through iTunes, it's not bricked it just needs a restore, but to answer the question yes that will happen everytime
    I've experienced the same problem. I reset my phone that I jailbroke through jailbreak me. An now its stuck on the apple logo when booting up, and itunes doesn't recognize when its plugged in. How do I get it to boot up for a restore through itunes?

Thanks

try putting it in DFU mode and iTunes should recognize the phone and let you restore