Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can we Jailbreak a new Iphone 4 with 4.0.2?

i guess can put att sim in 2g and wait.
    it really sucks using stock iphone.

Anything yet on iPhone 4 jailbreak yet?

a couple days ago i got a new iphone 3gs from apple store loaded up with 4.0.2 and i was able to downgrade :s .. i didnt have that shsh blob things saved. y do people keep saying u cant downgrade without shsh saved when i was able to do it??

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yungnw5 View Post
    a couple days ago i got a new iphone 3gs from apple store loaded up with 4.0.2 and i was able to downgrade :s .. i didnt have that shsh blob things saved. y do people keep saying u cant downgrade without shsh saved when i was able to do it??
    because apple put a kind of lock on the firmware stuff..... if they arent handing out that specific firmware, then they wont let you downgrade..... thanks to tiny umbrella and saurik, they took those locks and made them "keys" to where they just point your hosts file to one o their servers and iTunes thinks it got it from apple but it didnt....

Thanks

Yours is a 3GS this thread was asking about iPhone 4's. There is a difference.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You did use an SHSH file to downgrade. Remember when you edited your hosts file to include a reference to gs.apple.com? Yeah, that's when you were getting a stored SHSH file off of Cydia's server.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by jkmonkey View Post
    Yours is a 3GS this thread was asking about iPhone 4's. There is a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by jkmonkey View Post
    No It's not. If the phone came new out of the box with 4.0.2 then your stuck. There likely won't be a new jailbreak until 4.1 is released.
    i was baseing my answer on the fact someone said you cant jailbreak 4.0.2 straight out the box...

Because almost no one lese can't.
    Everyone who can could because Apple was still signing 4.0.1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12