+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "insert a valid sim with no pin lock to activate iphone"

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
hi all. i have gotten myself in a bit of a pickle. i hope what i am about to write makes sense because i'm kind of a n00b at this
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation "insert a valid sim with no pin lock to activate iphone"
    hi all. i have gotten myself in a bit of a pickle. i hope what i am about to write makes sense because i'm kind of a n00b at this sort of stuff.....

basically i bought a 3g off my friend, and i want to jailbreak and unlock it. he updated to ios 4.0.1, but i want to use pwnage tool to jailbreak my phone, so i downgraded it back to ios 3.1.3. but after i downgraded the phone and used recboot to exit out of DFU mode, the phone is giving me this message saying "insert a valid sim with no pin lock to activate iphone".

how am i able to get rid of this message? am i able to still run a jailbreaking tool like pwnage or redsn0w even with that message on my phone?

also... i don't have a sim card yet. i'm currently with Telus, and i am planning to buy a sim card and transfer my # over to it once i jailbreak the phone.

AND... i apologize if this has already been asked... i searched through the forums and couldn't seem to find any thread similar to my problem.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

to jailbreak the phone you need to be on the homescreen. can you get hold of a sim card. message insert a valid sim with no pin lock. seems to me that the simcard is blocked. can you ebay a cheap sim to register it. once its all done then you can do what ever. but dont go to 4.0.2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i'm probably gonna sound stupid, but what's a sim card with "no pin lock" ? is it just a sim card without a phone # assigned to it?

i have a sim card from my dad's old phone and i tried putting that into the slot just to see what would happen, and the invalid sim message goes away, but the phone is still stuck with an image of the firewire cable and the arrow pointing up at the itunes logo (like this)

Thanks

do any of your mates have an iphone put their card in tht will activate it.

it sounds like this ...

Unblock My Mobile
    If you suspect that your handset has become blocked, you may need a PUK Code. PUK stands for Personal Unblocking Key. If you have entered your PIN code incorrectly 3 times your sim card will be blocked and you will be unable to make and receive calls/texts.

Check the table below to find the error message your handset is displaying, this will help you decide how to proceed.

Manufacturer If you see the following - you need a PUK If you see the following - you need a new SIM
    Sony Ericcson Pin blocked - Unblock? Blocked - Contact your Card Provider
    Motorola Blocked Blocked - See Supplier
    Alcatel 3 Bad Codes! PUK Code Please call operator
    Philips Enter PUK PIN blocked (May say SIM blocked)
    Nokia Simcard blocked - Enter PUK Simcard rejected
    NEC This SIM is blocked Unusable SIM
    Trium Enter PUK Phone permanently blocked
    Sharp Pin Blocked Enter PUK PUK Blocked
    Panasonic SIM blocked SIM blocked
    O2 A / A II SIM Card blocked. Please enter PUK SIM card is invalid. Contact your service provider for assistance. Emergency calls can still be made.
    Samsung Please enter PUK Code Contact service provider
    I'm not sure We can give you your PUK code even if you don't know the Make or Model of your handset.
    Last edited by dtox2008; 08-11-2010 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

when my friend sold me his iphone he left his old sim card in there. i could try putting his old sim card into the iphone (left it at work though, so i can't try it out now), or would i need to use the sim card that he is currently using in his new iphone to get it working again?

Thanks

try his old sim I dont really know. if not does anyone else have a iphone just use their sim. doesnt have to be HIS any iphone. I activated my cousins iphone on my sim then left hers after all you need to do is bypass that screen.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

All you need is a SIM card which does not require a PIN to join to the cellular network, a usable one.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Universal Activation SIM Card Activate Apple iPhone 3GS - eBay (item 120614352173 end time Sep-26-10 11:53:28 PDT)
    Hope it's ok to post the link, I will delete if not.

Different seller, Same sim card. Thanks to Sherif Hashim's video. =)

I purchased that when this happened to me. Pop in the sim, Connect your phone and a few seconds later it gets you passed the emergency screen.

Just did it with my iPhone 3G 4.0.1 thanks to tinyumbrella

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The same thing happened to me.

Ask you Dad if he remember the pin. If so put it in a different phone and find the option to unlock the sim and use the pin to do that. Put it in your iPhone and the problem is solved.