+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can Apple tell if I have JB my Iphone 4?

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Can Apple tell if my Iphone 4 has been Jailbreak? Having a lot of trouble with our iphone 4, both phones, my and my wife`s shows one and two, sometimes
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Can Apple tell if I have JB my Iphone 4?
    Can Apple tell if my Iphone 4 has been Jailbreak? Having a lot of trouble with our iphone 4, both phones, my and my wife`s shows one and two, sometimes three bars and they will not make, or receive a call. Where I live is a weak signal area, but these phone just plain sucks compared to our old iphone 3G when it comes to making and receiving calls. Before with my old 3g phone, if it showed any signal at all, they worked. Both 4.0.1 updates. Love the phones when they work, and thought they would get better, but starting to get old with with a phone I cant make a call on. thought I might return both, and get replacement phones. Lots of people claim to have great reception with their iphone 4. We ordered our the second week, maybe we got a couple bad phones.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Just do a restore in iTunes before returning them to Apple.

iPhone? More like MyPhone l-awstraljan's Avatar
    Thanks

JB is legal now as far as I know. But they will probably restore your iphone for you if you do take it to them, they cant take legal actions against you.

But dont count on me.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by l-awstraljan View Post
    JB is legal now as far as I know. But they will probably restore your iphone for you if you do take it to them, they cant take legal actions against you.

But dont count on me.
    Even though it is legal now it can still void your warranty. So I suggest doing a dfu restore then taking it to Apple. Also you know that Apple is giving free cases for the reception problem right? Just go to apple.com and theres the ad on the lower left, its the case program. You can get a free case so you don't have the reception issue.

iPhone? More like MyPhone l-awstraljan's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry then my bad =) Told you not to count on me hehe

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Jailbreaking voids your warranty. Restore both phones to Apples 4.0.1, set up as a new phone, and then return them.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    And how would the yokels at Apple tell from a clean phone, exactly?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whatisiphone View Post
    And how would the yokels at Apple tell from a clean phone, exactly?
    Umm look at the springboard and see a Cydia icon? That usually tells me it is jailbroken iPhone...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I was referring to how they could tell if you wiped your phone and sent it in. They don't even try....hence the term, "yokels"

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whatisiphone View Post
    I was referring to how they could tell if you wiped your phone and sent it in. They don't even try....hence the term, "yokels"
    Ok... they can't cuz you wiped it? Umm that's what we've been saying like the past 4 posts or so...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks guys, I have cases on them, just the reception is terrible, looking at both phones right now, two bars and 3G on mine, 1 bar and 3G on hers, neither will make or receive a call. Apple wants me to try new sim cards, so in morning calling at&t for new cards. I have done restores as new phones, reset networks and everything else to get these things to work. They will work when I have full bars, but still drop calls like crazy. I know everybody are not having the same troubles with their phones,I have read lots of reviews here and other places were people praise their Iphone 4. If this is the norm for the Iphone 4, I will have no choice but to return them both.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the antenna guy got fired from apple