+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with apps not showing on home screen-

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
=Short Version= Lost most of my apps when I upgraded/JB phone. Newly installed Cydia apps don't show on home screen. Try to download other apps (via app store) I had
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Arrow Help with apps not showing on home screen-
    =Short Version=

Lost most of my apps when I upgraded/JB phone. Newly installed Cydia apps don't show on home screen. Try to download other apps (via app store) I had before they disappeared, but it says they're already installed..but nowhere to be found.

=Detailed Version=

Recently upgraded my iPhone 3gs 3.1.2 (jailbroken) to ios 4.1.
    Simply upgraded via iTunes and then used the jailbreakme.com jb.

Once the dust settled, initially all my previously installed apps/jb apps were still there. After I tinkered with cydia, I noticed most of the previously installed apps I had downloaded (while i was on 3.1.2) were missing (only had 3 of about 20 or so).

So I thought no big deal, i'll install all of them again. Went to ********** and downloaded/installed Words With Friends first. Everything went smooth. Then went to the App Store and downloaded/installed World Series of Pokers Legend. Again, everything went fine. Then downloaded Talking Hippo via ********** and tried to install it. It said the install was successful but it was nowhere to be found. So I respring, restart, everything. No go. I then go to download another app (via app store) i was missing, but it said it was already installed..but it was still nowhere to be found. Any idea how I can fix this?

Edit-

With sbsettings I was able to 'unhide' all of the apps, but I still don't see the app I had installed from ********** anywhere.
    Last edited by sea2k; 08-05-2010 at 01:33 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

will the apps appear when you use spotlight search?