Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phonebook SIM NOT working for activation

Default Phonebook SIM NOT working for activation
    So I got a 3Gs that was just restored to 4.0.1... I need to activated it so i can JB/unlock. Does not matter what sim I put into the phone, I have 4 different ATT sims and just went out and got DITS phonebook SIM, it simply will not activate... I keep getting the "Sim not Supported" error...

Bottom line, cant activate, cant JB, cant unlock... Any suggestions? PLEASE HELP.

Definatly does not work. Same exact cards as in the Demo Video by Sherif Hashem. Here is the video of my attempt at activation: YouTube - Iphone 3Gs Phonebook Sim Activation DOES NOT WORK
    Last edited by Consigliere; 08-04-2010 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i dont know how receptive you would be to me suggesting that if maybe you buy another SIM card called 'iphone activation card' on ebay, it might work. I was also in same boat as you, my iphone which i bought on CL, was from Spain(based of the iphone model number which i found out using iReb). I got my iphone activation card(glad i did) from ebay for $16, came shipped from hong kong in a week. worked right of the bat, dont know if the dits card would have worked or not, but this one did. just search iphone activation card on ebay and it is a generic brand with no markings on it. PM me if you need more info. Sold my iphone after jailbreaking/unlocking for a small profit to buy the iphone 4.

Quote Originally Posted by hopetobuyiphone View Post
    i dont know how receptive you would be to me suggesting that if maybe you buy another SIM card called 'iphone activation card' on ebay, it might work. I was also in same boat as you, my iphone which i bought on CL, was from Spain(based of the iphone model number which i found out using iReb). I got my iphone activation card(glad i did) from ebay for $16, came shipped from hong kong in a week. worked right of the bat, dont know if the dits card would have worked or not, but this one did. just search iphone activation card on ebay and it is a generic brand with no markings on it. PM me if you need more info. Sold my iphone after jailbreaking/unlocking for a small profit to buy the iphone 4.
    Do you recall who the seller was? I found one from china-pandolar for $.99

Thank you! I will def look into it. I do a lot of JB/unlocking for ppl (free of charge of course) so for me its a valuable tool to have. Never know when you gonna need it.Thanks again!

Did you hear anything newsw. I have the same problem. bought that phonebook card for my 3gs 4.0.1 and it activate the phone. I don't know what to do. how come it work for some people and some people it does not?

No clue whats up. My guess.... Apple fixed the bug in their activation servers to no longer allow universal id's that these cards have. Then again... what da heck do I know about this stuff...