Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3g firmware 4.0

Default iPhone 3g firmware 4.0
    Hey guys, I've been out of the loop lately and I was wondering if any of you could update me a little bit.

I have been out of town lately and busy with work and judging by some stickied threads, and some searching I can see that the 4.0 firmware can now be jailbroken. But I also read that unlocking is still a little uneasy and I was wondering if you guys could tell me if it's possible.

I'm currently on 3.1.2 on a 3g with t-mobile and my computer is on windows 7.

If there is a surefire jailbreak / unlock for windows can anyone be so kind to help link me to it?

The reason why I'm suddenly so eager to upgrade is because my phone can't sync with iTunes correctly. I've been dying to put new material on it since I'm out of the house so often. Basically, what happens is I sync my phone and then my iTunes crashes. Then it says it can't read my phone and needs to be restored. But when I restore and it syncs again, it crashes again and everything starts over again. Also, my phone is ridiculously slow too.

Many thanks in advance.

-Chris

You can take it to the latest software in itunes and then (in safari on your iphone) go to jailbreakme.com and follow the instructions - won't take long!

The alternative is Redsnow which can also do it.

http://modmyi.com/guides/?p=3260
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 08-04-2010 at 02:13 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

deadcow (08-07-2010)

ultrasn0w from cydia does the unlock once jailbreakme.com has been run.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Abattoir For This Useful Post:

deadcow (08-07-2010)