+ Reply
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast
Results 941 to 960 of 985

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Are we there yet?

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Originally Posted by ravelsnip After 3 months...Still We are asking the question, " are we there yet" Im looking for a JB just....People buying the iphone4 from other parts of
...
  1. #941
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ravelsnip View Post
    After 3 months...Still We are asking the question, " are we there yet"

    Im looking for a JB just....People buying the iphone4 from other parts of the world except US are really lucky no unlocking and looking after the dreaded BB
    No, we have the best government money can buy. Locking the phones as Apple is doing should be illegal to start with.
    Jesus will come and deliver the 5.0 Apple FW. Jailbreak soon after, just wait a "few days" more.

  2. #942
    Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,265
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    Actually jailbreakme came out 4 weeks after the iPhone 4 came out and 4.0.2 came out several weeks after that so we've been asking "are we there yet" for much less than 3 months. For everyone else saying we should wait for firmware X.XX you just don't get it. This jailbreak is at the HARDWARE level (bootrom) so a firmware update will not patch it; therefore, they have no reason to delay once it's ready.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #943
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Yes, I understand that it is a bootrom JB (being a HW engineer myself). Nothing compares to the sound sleep I get at night after reading all the useless news how this great bootrom JB will "in a few days" be able to hack everything. Now I can rest assured that when I buy Apple TV's to use as hubcaps for my Hummer I will be easily able to hack those to my heart content and should just spend my time waiting using my iPhone 4 as a web browser only on wifi, or if I get bored can use the iPad with only one program running at once, happily reminiscing how in 1989 my 386sx running Windows 3.0 could actually easily run TWO programs at once.
    All because some walking skeleton in a black turtleneck is greedy beyond words and some more polishing is needed on a tool to break his deathly grip.
    What happened to releasing a damn beta of the hack where you would need to jump through some hoops to make it work ? Oh no, these days we need to play a nice MP3 as background while choosing which way the wait sign will rotate. Damn, I need to hook the iPhone w/ a cable ??? Can I just point it at the monitor while speaking on the phone ? No, I should not have to interrupt my all important listening to voice mail while the phone is jailbroken, it all should be transparent, hell, maybe I should not even have the phone on, just wish it to ne JB'ed and the JB will magically find the phone by its MAC address (while off/dead battery) and jailbreak it.

    All we want is convenience.

    As long as it can also make my pet goat plastered with Apple logos speak French with a Parisian accent, the wait is definitely worth it.

    This sucks beyond belief.
    Last edited by konrads; 10-05-2010 at 09:33 AM.
    Jesus will come and deliver the 5.0 Apple FW. Jailbreak soon after, just wait a "few days" more.

  4. #944
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Awsome read!

  5. #945
    Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,265
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by konrads View Post
    Yes, I understand that it is a bootrom JB (being a HW engineer myself). Nothing compares to the sound sleep I get at night after reading all the useless news how this great bootrom JB will "in a few days" be able to hack everything. Now I can rest assured that when I buy Apple TV's to use as hubcaps for my Hummer I will be easily able to hack those to my heart content and should just spend my time waiting using my iPhone 4 as a web browser only on wifi, or if I get bored can use the iPad with only one program running at once, happily reminiscing how in 1989 my 386sx running Windows 3.0 could actually easily run TWO programs at once.
    All because some walking skeleton in a black turtleneck is greedy beyond words and some more polishing is needed on a tool to break his deathly grip.
    What happened to releasing a damn beta of the hack where you would need to jump through some hoops to make it work ? Oh no, these days we need to play a nice MP3 as background while choosing which way the wait sign will rotate. Damn, I need to hook the iPhone w/ a cable ??? Can I just point it at the monitor while speaking on the phone ? No, I should not have to interrupt my all important listening to voice mail while the phone is jailbroken, it all should be transparent, hell, maybe I should not even have the phone on, just wish it to ne JB'ed and the JB will magically find the phone by its MAC address (while off/dead battery) and jailbreak it.

    All we want is convenience.

    As long as it can also make my pet goat plastered with Apple logos speak French with a Parisian accent, the wait is definitely worth it.

    This sucks beyond belief.
    What in the heck are you talking about?! If they released a buggy beta of the jailbreak then the first thing that would happen is people would publicly crucify them for releasing software that wasn't 100% perfect. Then people would complain about having to restore and rejailbreak after the beta was fixed. (remember purplera1n? remember ziphone? WORTHLESS until the 3rd or 4th revision!!!) You say you want convenience.. then WAIT for the end product b/c having a buggy beta sure as hell isn't convenient. Also why are you ranting about Steve Jobs while at the same time ranting about jailbreaks and then throwing in references to Apple TV's as hubcaps. That was one of the most disconnected and convoluted paragraphs I've read in a long time that ended with contradiction and no point at all. Thanks though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #946
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    What in the heck are you talking about?! If they released a buggy beta of the jailbreak then the first thing that would happen is people would publicly crucify them for releasing software that wasn't 100% perfect. Then people would complain about having to restore and rejailbreak after the beta was fixed. (remember purplera1n? remember ziphone? WORTHLESS until the 3rd or 4th revision!!!) You say you want convenience.. then WAIT for the end product b/c having a buggy beta sure as hell isn't convenient. Also why are you ranting about Steve Jobs while at the same time ranting about jailbreaks and then throwing in references to Apple TV's as hubcaps. That was one of the most disconnected and convoluted paragraphs I've read in a long time that ended with contradiction and no point at all. Thanks though.
    You did not understand the sarcasm. I do not care about convenience I'd rather have buggy beta releases, I can deal with that rather than waiting for months for it to be perfect. I was ranting about the fact that due to the desire for convenience for every 10 year old to be able to click a button and JB the device everyone has to stupidly wait. I've sank over $1000 in devices I would like to be able to use. I would have no problem paying for a useful hack TODAY.

    As far as convoluted ranting, English is not my primary language. I believe Jobs' restrictions suck and that is why JB's are needed in the first place, to correct that garbage. Not that difficult to follow.
    Last edited by konrads; 10-05-2010 at 12:05 PM.
    Jesus will come and deliver the 5.0 Apple FW. Jailbreak soon after, just wait a "few days" more.

  7. #947
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    453
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 40 Times in 28 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by konrads View Post
    You did not understand the sarcasm. I do not care about convenience I'd rather have buggy beta releases, I can deal with that rather than waiting for months for it to be perfect. I was ranting about the fact that due to the desire for convenience for every 10 year old to be able to click a button and JB the device everyone has to stupidly wait. I've sank over $1000 in devices I would like to be able to use. I would have no problem paying for a useful hack TODAY.

    As far as convoluted ranting, English is not my primary language. I believe Jobs' restrictions suck and that is why JB's are needed in the first place, to correct that garbage. Not that difficult to follow.
    I totally agree with you. I remember in the 1.0.1 days you had to follow 20 steps just to hacktivate. Almost everything was done manually. Now the 12 year olds and n00b leechers are flooding the scene and we gotta wait for a nice little gui with one click jailbreak.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

  8. #948
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    I totally agree with you. I remember in the 1.0.1 days you had to follow 20 steps just to hacktivate. Almost everything was done manually. Now the 12 year olds and n00b leechers are flooding the scene and we gotta wait for a nice little gui with one click jailbreak.
    Exactly. I would like to see a complicated procedure released as soon as possible for those that can understand it and are technically inclined to do it. Then time could be taken to polish the rough edges.

    Otherwise no one will learn anything of value. Clicking on one icon and waiting while watching TV is not much of a challenge, nor will be the developers' work be appreciated to its real value since everything will seem easy and we know how hard it actually is.
    Jesus will come and deliver the 5.0 Apple FW. Jailbreak soon after, just wait a "few days" more.

  9. #949
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Are we there yet??

  10. #950
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus98GT View Post
    Are we there yet??
    No. We are waiting. Jesus will come and deliver the 5.0 Apple FW. Jailbreak soon after, just wait a "few days" more. Why not wait for 5.0 ?
    Jesus will come and deliver the 5.0 Apple FW. Jailbreak soon after, just wait a "few days" more.

  11. #951
    What's Jailbreak? Ruthle$$Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    hell ya i like the sitting on the edge of ur seat jailbreaking like we had to do when the 2g was released (not sayn that i dont mind just clickn a button jb straight on the iphone)... but i have to agree make us work some for ur hard work. (m4tt dam0n quote:I totally agree with you. I remember in the 1.0.1 days you had to follow 20 steps just to hacktivate. Almost everything was done manually. Now the 12 year olds and n00b leechers are flooding the scene and we gotta wait for a nice little gui with one click jailbreak.)

    (ya n my damn work computer ppl keep fn with it and somehow my iphone4 has been updated!! soooo pissed! f ers!!! sorry off topic but had to vent)

  12. #952
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dtox2008 View Post
    Still not sure if JB is Tethered or Untethered.
    I got a feeling will come between wed - fri think its almost there after followering the guys on twitter. But maybe they should just wait for 4.2 which is due out in a few weeks and focus on that... IMO anyway
    Its a bootrom exploit so with minor tweaking it should work with any firmware version.

  13. #953
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    I totally agree with you. I remember in the 1.0.1 days you had to follow 20 steps just to hacktivate. Almost everything was done manually. Now the 12 year olds and n00b leechers are flooding the scene and we gotta wait for a nice little gui with one click jailbreak.
    Everyone was a noob once. And, unless you are developing free apps and releasing them to the community, you are also a leecher.
    Last edited by bettik; 10-06-2010 at 09:56 PM.

  14. #954
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    453
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 40 Times in 28 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bettik View Post
    Everyone was a noob once. And, unless you are developing free apps and releasing them to the community, you are also a leecher.
    No, not at all. Today all you gotta do is type "jailbreak 4.x" on google and find the download link to the software and click.

    I remember when the first iPhone was released I did a lot of research, I actually had to read to understand how everything works. And jailbreaking was a rewarding experience. I actually like following 20 steps instructions I think it's fun. It was much better cuz people that really wanted to jailbreak, managed to do so successfully by READING and learning stuff.

    How do you explain the flood of n00bs thinking jailbreaking = cracked apps? That's because they don't have to do anything so they don't have to read. There are thousands of kids that bought their iPhones on ebay overseas and they think jailbreaking their 4.1 firmware will automatically make them usable for calls. They don't even know an unlock won't be out for months if at all.

    I pretty much know everything there is to know about jailbreaking/unlocking and all the terms that come with it... I have knowledge and I can help n00bs(when I can) so I don't think I'm a leecher. My join date is july 2008 but I have been reading on this site since 2007.
    Last edited by M4tt Dam0n; 10-07-2010 at 08:14 AM.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

  15. #955
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    No, not at all. Today all you gotta do is type "jailbreak 4.x" on google and find the download link to the software and click.

    I remember when the first iPhone was released I did a lot of research, I actually had to read to understand how everything works. And jailbreaking was a rewarding experience. I actually like following 20 steps instructions I think it's fun. It was much better cuz people that really wanted to jailbreak, managed to do so successfully by READING and learning stuff.

    How do you explain the flood of n00bs thinking jailbreaking = cracked apps? That's because they don't have to do anything so they don't have to read. There are thousands of kids that bought their iPhones on ebay overseas and they think jailbreaking their 4.1 firmware will automatically make them usable for calls. They don't even know an unlock won't be out for months if at all.

    I pretty much know everything there is to know about jailbreaking/unlocking and all the terms that come with it... I have knowledge and I can help n00bs(when I can) so I don't think I'm a leecher. My join date is july 2008 but I have been reading on this site since 2007.
    Yes good points but don't forget that you were an early adopter. You did what you did because you had to. Part of the reason guys like the devs do what they do is so everyone doesn't have to reinvent the wheel. The community has grown and matured. Part of that maturity is a more sophisticated and reliable "product".

    My first exposure to programming and computers in general was with punch cards. We had to have a basic understanding of assembly code and compile it at 3 am to get time with the mainframe. Is it bad that it is much easier today?

    But, here's my real points. Kids by definition lack knowledge. So if you have so much of it, share it. And, when you make a comment like this "Now the 12 year olds and n00b leechers are flooding the scene and we gotta wait for a nice little gui with one click jailbreak.", guys like me think, well maybe I better not ask that question because it will make me sound dumb.

    So while i'm not new to computer hardware and sophisticated electronics in general, have basic programming skills and can overclock the crap out of my rigs,I don't know s**t about iphones and jb's yet. I've also given nothing back to the community because of that. So I guess I'm a n00b and a leecher.

    Sorry, I understand you are ready to go NOW. And I'm really not trying to get a flame war started. I just took a bit of offense to your remark. Anyway prob shouln't have said anything...but this is the internet right...so, Lock-n-load.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to bettik For This Useful Post:

    jkmonkey (10-07-2010)

  17. #956
    My iPhone is a Part of Me thecrunked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    559
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 55 Times in 49 Posts

    i think its funny that you guys are complaining about kids ruining jailbreaking when we have devs like comex and ih8sn0w who are all of 16 years old. that are huge contributes to the community

    i'm not defending dumbing everything down, just saying...

  18. #957
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Houston Tx.
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Yay.!!! The wait is nearly over release date for jb on iphone 4 10/10/10 bahahaha. Cant wait.!!!

  19. #958
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Jb will be out 10-10-10

  20. #959
    My iPhone is a Part of Me thecrunked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    559
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 55 Times in 49 Posts

    I think geohots will be better if it's real

  21. #960
    iPhone? More like MyPhone chad daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    156
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    Im effin pumped mayyne this is gonna be for Iphone 4 too right? Cause I been waitin.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts