Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sn0wbreeze to jailbreak iOS 4 3G & 3G(S) New Bootroom

Default Sn0wbreeze to jailbreak iOS 4 3G & 3G(S) New Bootroom
    iPhone jailbreaking community has released tools like PwnageTool, Redsn0w and Sn0wbreeze to jailbreak iOS 4 for iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS users. But in case of iPhone 3GS, they only work if you’ve an iPhone 3GS with older bootrom, which essentially means that users who bought their iPhone 3GS after mid-October last year are out of luck.

This might soon change if you go by a new video, which shows iPhone 3GS (with new bootrom) on iOS 4 that’s jailbroken.

AKinGdom1 who has published the video claims:

As of today, Im one of only a handful of regular jailbreakers to be be pwned on 4.0 with a new bootrom 3Gs. That could always change tomorrow, who knows.

The only chance of being able to use a simliar tool to is to have 3.1.2 shsh blobs saved.

The only chance of being able to use a simliar tool to is to have 3.1.2 shsh blobs saved.

iH8sn0w, developer of Sn0wbreeze has confirmed that the video is indeed real:

The cool video here — [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWc_d2C5TME]YouTube - iPhone 3Gs New Bootrom Pwned on 4.0 (sn0wbreeze)[/ame] // Is indeed real, but requires the 3.1.2 SHSH blobs.

and Please don’t ask for a release on this. I’m not planning on it.

Alright… If anyone has their 3.1.2 SHSH blobs, NOT 3.1.3. Then I’ll see if I can produce a tool that will do this job…

So it means that:

It will be a tethered jailbreak, which means that the jailbreak needs to be reapplied every time you power down your iPhone 3GS. If you let the battery run out or restart your iPhone 3GS then you will need to reapply the jailbreak by connecting to your computer (tethering).

It will only work if you had saved your iPhone 3GS’s SHSH blobs (or ECID files) for iPhone OS 3.1.2. It looks like it won’t work with iPhone OS 3.1.3.

It should probably also work for iPod Touch 2G (MC models) and iPod Touch 3G.

You can use F0recast to find out if your iPhone 3GS has newer or older bootrom.

Comex, developer of popular jailbreaking tool, Spirit jailbreak for iPhone OS 3.1.3, iPhone OS 3.1.2 has discovered another userland jailbreak in iOS 4 similar to the one used in Spirit jailbreak that has helped in jailbreaking iPhone 4. It might help also in jailbreaking iPhone 3GS with new bootrom without the need to tether it.

If you have an iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS (with older bootrom) and iPod Touch (non-MC model) then you can use our step-by-step tutorials to jailbreak your iDevices on iOS 4.

As always, we’ll let you know as soon as there are any further updates so stay tuned here at iPhone Hacks or follow us on Twitter or subscribe to our RSS feed.

[via iH8sn0w]

Here's the video for the upcoming jailbreak for windows users.

If I helped you please click on the Thanks button.

Duetschpire
    You don't have to say it, Just click "Thanks".
    http://twitter.com/Duetschpire

2. The Following User Says Thank You to moudy For This Useful Post:

t.j (07-05-2010)

You mention Sn0wbreeze as if it along with RedSn0w and pwnage?
    RedSn0w and pwnage are released by the Dev Team and work.
    Sn0wBreeze is released by a little hacker who thinks he know what he's doing by putting a windows wrapper round xpwn and has trashed many peoples phones.
    I would not trust anything by iH8sn0w (his name says it all) and to mention his products as if they are somehow as good as the Dev team's is another case of scammers trying to ride on the back of other people's work.
    I would steer well clear of this and wait until either the Dev Team or Commex release a proper JB that works.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    You mention Sn0wbreeze as if it along with RedSn0w and pwnage?
    RedSn0w and pwnage are released by the Dev Team and work.
    Sn0wBreeze is released by a little hacker who thinks he know what he's doing by putting a windows wrapper round xpwn and has trashed many peoples phones.
    I would not trust anything by iH8sn0w (his name says it all) and to mention his products as if they are somehow as good as the Dev team's is another case of scammers trying to ride on the back of other people's work.
    I would steer well clear of this and wait until either the Dev Team or Commex release a proper JB that works.
    Hold on buddy, did you ready this note at the end of the article "[via iH8sn0w]"

I didn't write, add, or delete any of the content of this article /regardless what you think about them/
    I don't like them either, anyway I don't have a windows OS to try their projects.
    All what I've mentioned here is to help some windows users who've been stuck with no JB or UL for months, I'm so satisfied with what the Dev team have and will release.
    Last edited by moudy; 07-04-2010 at 04:28 AM.
    You don't have to say it, Just click "Thanks".
    http://twitter.com/Duetschpire

He wasn't attacking you, noob.. he was attacking iH8sn0w, who is a little hacker who gets **** halfway working and then posts it as a "release". MuscleNerd is always riding his *** about not following GPL and releasing halfassed solutions.

Agree with confucious, wait for the dev team, geohot, planetbeing, or comex.
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Geez, way too much testosterone in that thread.