Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Itunes ERROR 1600 Iphone 3Gs REALFIX no need to WAIT

Default Itunes ERROR 1600 Iphone 3Gs REALFIX no need to WAIT
    REAL Error 1600 FIX using itunes 9.2 SMALL BUG Detected
    if you don’t want to wait for ireb for 3gs just keep reading
    IMPORTANT THIS IS ONLY FOR 3gS old BOOT ROM not TESTED WITH NEW bootroom .2 WINDOWS 7 and XP SP3
    No need to install libusb win32 filter

1-update you iphone via iTunes with original firmware iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw
    Remember to save your SHSH

2-Put you iphone 3gs in DFU MODE open iTunes or let it open next shift+ restore button
    Load the original firmware iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw we will make the iphone crash to recovery after the process start wait until you see the MSG waiting for the iphone message 2 seconds after that unplug you iphone leave it *** it is, press Ctr+Atl+Del an close only the itunes.exe process leave the rest apple mobile process alone and iTunes will automatically shutdown

3- Plug you iphone back and open iTunes and **** + restore and Again Select the original firmware iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw now start to look at the iphone as soon as you see the screen change color the first time unplug now you iphone wil change you screen to white wait until the iphone shuts down automatically do not touch the iphone in iTunes you will get en error 9 this is normal just click ok and close it now the fun part
    4- Now to the fun part open itunes plug you iphone it will show the apple and go straight to recovery mode now open iTunes or let it open shift+restore Now SELECT YOUR CUSTOM FIRMWARE
    USE PWNAGE CUSTOME FRIMWARE OR SNOWBREEZE CUSTOME FIRMARE the both are NICE next sit and wait grab a drink

5- STEP 5 NOW ENJOY AND THANK YOU FOR READING…….

CajunSniper Santiago,DR
    iPhone 3gs 32GB BLACK
    Old Boot room
    i OS 4.0
    05.13.04 modem firmware

on new boot rom it ends in a 1604 error after trying to prepare iphone for restore but it might work if it was on a white screen dfu mode which i have yet to get the phone into so this so far only works for the old boot rom as itunes will not let the firmware to be restored to a cusrom one
    iphone 3gs
    new boot rom
    ios 4.0

The way I got around my 1600 error on loading my custom firmware was just leaving the phone on like a normal then commad - restore. When I did it in DFU or Restore mode I would get the 1600 error.

Or, an easier solution that worked for me.

Do not put the iPhone into DFU or restore mode. Instead, leave it switched on and running. Now, shift-click the restore button and find your custom image. I'm now on iOS4

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Seems like a long way to get your phone into restore and dfu mode, all that disconnecting would worry me tho.

Also, CatManDoo and Cerote, where you on 3.1.2 JB before hand?

Yes I was.

I was getting error 1600 when I was trying to restore to JB 4.0

I was using the steps to JB a spirit broken 3.1.3 3GS. My only issue was that error 1600. Is there a way around it to get the JB firmware to load?

Did you use sn0wbreeze on a Spirit jailbroken phone? I don't think that's possible. Doesn't work.

I was on 3GS, 3.1.2 blackra1n jailbroken iphone, with old bootrom and 5.11.07 modem firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by CatManDooo View Post
    Did you use sn0wbreeze on a Spirit jailbroken phone? I don't think that's possible. Doesn't work.

I was on 3GS, 3.1.2 blackra1n jailbroken iphone, with old bootrom and 5.11.07 modem firmware.
    You can...allegedly.

It hasn't worked, but there are multiple "fixes". I just haven't tried them

It hasnt work for me
    tries with ios4.0
    baseband 5.13.04
    3gs 16gb

anything else that can make my iphone upload a custom firmware so i can jailbreak it pls

Quote Originally Posted by devuji View Post
    It hasnt work for me
    tries with ios4.0
    baseband 5.13.04
    3gs 16gb

anything else that can make my iphone upload a custom firmware so i can jailbreak it pls
    You need the old bootrom.

Default 3gs old/new iOS4 1600
    3gs came with iOS4, bought it on craigslist. Its an 8gb model and according to owner it had old brom series number. I connected it to mac and reads iBoot 359.3 which should be old bootrom. I used snowbreeze to create custom ipsw, tried restoring it and i got 1601 error. Ever since then its been at the USB cable itunes logo screen. unable to restore to either original ipsw or custom. It wont go back to normal power up mode, either a black screen or the usb-itunes screen. Any ideas?

oh, btw, i use iDetector and it says its the new bootrom. But this is during recovery mode, not during DFU mode.

Just use RecBoot to get it out of recovery mode.

hey guys, I'm pretty new to jailbreaking so i'm going to sound like a noob, but I currently have an Iphone 3GS OLD bootroom 4.0 firmware that is NOT previously jailbroken.

Anyway, I think that means this will work for my phone. I downloaded 4.0 firmware for my 3gs and put it on my desktop, put my iphone into DFU mode and direct it to my 4.0 firmware on my desktop, is this correct so far? Then I get extracting software and then can't get it passed the verifying software with Apple?

Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: I feel like i'm doing everything right until the end, my iPhone doesn't change to any white screen and then I get error 3194 from Itunes.

any chance this works with 4.0.1 firmware?
    Last edited by j3ts83; 07-27-2010 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default How to Bypass/fix restore Error 14?!?! So close to a 4.0 Jailbreak
    edit

its work for me as wel iphone 3gs 16g

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thumbs up iTunes error 1600 fixed [Mac]
    Error 1600

Custom firmware can't be restored on a device with DFU Mode. The software of the iPhone isn't patched. Go into Recovery Mode (Pwnage Tool up to 4.1) or start Pwnage Tool and click "DFU" at the top and go with this tutorial into the DFU mode. During that process the software gets patched and the custom firmware should run without any problems.

Source : iTunes Errors List - The iPhone Wiki

According to this, you just have to remember (as well) that Tiny Umbrella TSS Server is not to be used with Custom Firmware restore.

Here is the whole procedure if needed :

- Be sure you have saved your SHSH blobs.
    - Edit hosts file (from Finder menu Go > Go to Folder > /etc/) [easiest with TextWrangler)
    - and set Apple server to 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com or 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    - Open a new (virgin) user account with administrator rights on the Mac
    - Download (or copy from a shared folder of your usual account, much quicker ^^) to the desktop :

PwnageTool 4.1.2 (Universal)
    iPhone 3G S (4.1/8B117) Firmware

- plug the iPhone. Hold Power and Home button until being in Recovery mode if you're not (iTunes logo and USB cable)
    - create your Custom firmware with PwnageTool (automatic mode recommended)
    - follow PwnageTool instructions to get in special DFU mode, close when prompted
    - do NOT RUN Tiny Umbrella TSS Server (if you do you get 1600 error, the server disconnects)
    - do not open any other program or browser while restoring
    - open iTunes, shift-restore to Custom Firmware

... that's all, folks !

This is really "old-fashioned" and goes with all PwnageTool-able Firmwares (4.0, 4.0.1, 4.1; 3.1.2 with PwnageTool 3.1.5) whether previously jailbroken or not.
    !! Please read in the forum first if using PwnageTool is applying to your case !!
    Basic jailbreak info lists here and here.

Example "hard" cases :
    iPhone : - restore erased 3GS FW 4.1 bb 5.13.04 new bootrom, frozen on Apple logo
    iPhone : - upgrade bricked 3GS stock FW 4.0.2 bb 5.13.04 new bootrom, to FW 4.1
    using MacOSX Leopard, iTunes 9.2.1 (and later)
    Last edited by Rocky34; 02-04-2011 at 06:38 AM. Reason: added links and completed tutorial
    LiveClock Shiny Apple Theme, including LiveClock Dark - hmm, candlelight... - is on Cydia
    . . . . . . . (On iPhone 4 you'll have to put both out of their "Themes"-folder. Sorry for that)