+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgraded iPhone 3G to 4.0 - cannot change APN settings

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hello all. I am in need of some help (and I just found this forum) Here's my problem: I would like to know how I can change the APN settings
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Upgraded iPhone 3G to 4.0 - cannot change APN settings
    Hello all. I am in need of some help (and I just found this forum)

Here's my problem: I would like to know how I can change the APN settings on my iPhone 3G which I have just upgraded to 4.0. My phone is jailbroken and unlocked (redsn0w and ultrasn0w)

With 3.0, I could change the APN settings, so that I can use the internet/3G. But ever since I upgraded, I can't change it anymore. That settings that is supposed to be below that cellular data toggle is not there. Hence, I can't access the internet via 3G/EDGE

Aside from this problem (and a lack of MMS, but that doesn't really bother me much), it's ok.

Can anyone help me?

If not, should I downgrade back to say 3.1.3?

Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You need to do a clean restore to 4.0 and setup as a new phone.

this happened to someone else, and it was because they hit update, instead of restore.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,177 Times in 5,681 Posts

You can check this thread out if your on T-Mo, I think spooky has a fix for.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/65...3g-3gs-47.html

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey guys. Thanks for the quick responses.

babyblue_pimp: I'm pretty sure I clicked restore. I guess I'll try to do a clean restore later on.

blkcadi: I'm not on T-Mo. I'm in the Philippines (on Globe Telecom) at the moment, and that's why I need the unlock

In any case, I think I will try the clean restore later.

Will I actually lose anything in the process (notes, etc.?) I synchronized my iPhone 3G before I updated to 4.0, thus I have a backup of my files.
    However, if I synchronize it later on using this backup, won't the APN settings that I had on my iPhone OS 3.0 remain in my iPhone?

Thanks for the help! Much appreciated

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have the SAME problems. Twice, with two different phones. Both times I used restore, then Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-4. Funny is that the first phone still worked on EDGE w/o editing APN, while the second one doesn't. And they're both on T-Mobile US. The only difference is that the first one uses Web2Go plan and the second uses a BB data plan.

Weird.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sorry guys, with iOS4 carrier data are now fully signed, then for now no party......
    let's see

LinkBacks (?)