Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3g wont turn on after DFU mode

Default iPhone 3g wont turn on after DFU mode
    I used snowbreeze to unlock and jailbreak it, and during the last step it had me put my phone into DFU mode. I did so. Now what? Why are there no steps after DFU mode? I thought my iphone 3g was supposed to be unlocked/jailbroken and usable after this. What am I doing wrong?

I am using 3.1.3 btw

hi,

Sn0wbreeze is just a custom firmware right? As i know its not for unlocking. Its just for jailbreaking a custom 3.1.3 but lower modem version. You can unlock that bu using blacksn0w or Ultrasn0w.

restore again to an original version 3.1.2 for that is 3g. then just jailbreak/unlock it with rc3.

I have no idea... there are so many snows, blackrains, etc etc im so confused =(

anyways I figured out that I had to restore my iphone via itunes and now it turns on but what am I supposed to do to unlock or jailbreak it? there are so many tutorials out there but there are so many versions, types of iphones, programs that it has me really mixed up about what im really supposed to do

Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,643 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by g0tvtec View Post
    I have no idea... there are so many snows, blackrains, etc etc im so confused =(

anyways I figured out that I had to restore my iphone via itunes and now it turns on but what am I supposed to do to unlock or jailbreak it? there are so many tutorials out there but there are so many versions, types of iphones, programs that it has me really mixed up about what im really supposed to do
    Is your Iphone jailbroken at 3.1.3 using cfw or you are at stock 3.1.3 ? If you are at stock apple 3.1.3 fw, you are screwed , the baseband for 3.1.3 cannot be unlock at this moment.

LEAVE ME A MESSAGE ON MY INBOX.
    Last edited by iYeow; 05-15-2010 at 11:56 PM.

your phone is factory unlock? or LOCKED? if locked then use blackra1n or rc3 to unlock it, enable your wifi ok? more question drop it here.

It is LOCKED. I got it yesterday.

Ok so I just found the ISPW file on the desktop created by snowbreeze. I had no idea. Snowbreeze never told me that it created a custom firmware for me on the desktop. I saw it by coincidence. Jesus I wish they would just say that from the start!!

so do I just go to itunes now and restore my iphone with that custom firmware? theres no directions after the DFU mode from snowbreeze

I tried restoring the iphone with the custom firmware and I got an error message saying "The iphone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1600)."
    Last edited by g0tvtec; 05-15-2010 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hi,

don't update it to 3.1.3 for it will also update your modem and you'll get a no service phone. Restore in 3.1.2 only and activate it by the original sim carrier then run blackra1n for jailbreak and unlock.

Thanks

It is LOCKED. I got it yesterday.

Ok so I just found the ISPW file on the desktop created by snowbreeze. I had no idea. Snowbreeze never told me that it created a custom firmware for me on the desktop. I saw it by coincidence. Jesus I wish they would just say that from the start!!

so do I just go to itunes now and restore my iphone with that custom firmware? theres no directions after the DFU mode from snowbreeze
    If you have already restored to stock 3.1.3 , there is no unlock because you upgraded your baseband.

Assuming you haven't done the above,

and you are already jaibroken, only then you can restore to custom firmware, do a Shift key + Restore (Itunes) and browse to the SnowBreeze you created.

hi,

don't update it to 3.1.3 for it will also update your modem and you'll get a no service phone. Restore in 3.1.2 only and activate it by the original sim carrier then run blackra1n for jailbreak and unlock.

The iphone was already at 3.1.3 when I got it

Guys I am on 3.1.2 and my phone has been stuck in DFU mode now for a week. I have jailbroken it with Blackra1n and unlocked with blacksn0w. Now I cant start my phone since its in DFU mode --- Can anyone help as to how I get my 3gs out of DFU mode and run blackra1n again??

If 3.1.3 and modem is 5.12 there is no way to unlock it, you can use that as an iPod only (no service), use redsn0w to jailbreak it.

Here are some tools you will use...
    Last edited by iDevice; 05-16-2010 at 12:20 AM.

Thanks

Ok, now your only option is to get out of emergency screen to Home Screen, if you have not done so, you will need the official sim card to do that.

Assuming you are at home screen, run spirti jb and you can now use it as an Ipod Touch if you are not on Official Carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Ok, now your only option is to get out of emergency screen to Home Screen, if you have not done so, you will need the official sim card to do that.

Assuming you are at home screen, run spirti jb and you can now use it as an Ipod Touch if you are not on Official Carrier.
    hi,

even no original simcard, just use redsn0w

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post

I do have the original ATT sim card but not sure if it's still activated. Pretty sure it's not.

How do I get to the home screen? I dont want to use it only as an ipod touch. Can I use it as an unlocked and jailbroken iphone?

anybody want to help me out? id appreciate it!
    Last edited by g0tvtec; 05-16-2010 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost