Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [SOLUTION] iPhone shut off during boot / Stuck Apple Logo

Jailbreak is the process that allows to your ipod, iPhone and iPad that Touch users to gain root access and unlock the operating system, so that users can allow to use any limitations imposed upon them by Apple.
    It is available in iphone 4 onwards.

1.) iPhone OS firmware version 3.1.2 iPod Touch
    2.) Unlocked or notIt's an iPod Touch
    3.) Which jailbreak did you useBlackra1n
    4.) Do you use windows or mac. Windows
    5.) Do you at LEAST have access to a mac.No
    6.) The results of the applied FIX.NA

I have tried everything I could find. I have 5 different programs installed that I've tried. Please, someone help me. The only thing I haven't tried is your program and Restoring.

I know it's a long shot, but was anyone able to get a copy of iBeej's file? I did a Cydia update on my phone the other day and it has sorta died.

I'm not 100% sure I'm experiencing the same issues as everyone else (I have read every page of this thread multiple times) My phone goes to the apple logo an it will sit there for ten minutes or even more sometimes. after that it gets the little spin wheel then freezes for a minute or two then tries again. It seems that it's trying to boot for longer than most others...

It is an Iphone 3gs, still running 3.1.3. I have a macbook on 10.6.4. My shsh' aren't on store with Cydia as far as I am aware, I honestly do not mind updating it, I don't need it jailbroken or unlocked - but I do need some of the files that are on the phone, I have only just returned from a business trip where I obtained lots of phone numbers that I really need, and it'd be nice to get all the photos that are on there.

As mentioned, I do not need the ability to re-jailbreak or unlock but I'm worried about doing a full restore and losing the data that's on there. Can anyone help?

Stuck on apple screen because I deleted a file that I shouldnt have. Can I restore without loosing jailbreak

Hey Beej, not sure if you are still checking this thread and helping people, but ill post anyway maybe you or someone else can help,

i have an iPhone 4 iOS 4.1, i dont have anything special on it so i dont care for the data if i have to restore. I jailbroke using limera1n and everything went fine, installed cydia and did the update that cydia requires, after that i wanted to clear everything on the iPhone so i went to Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings and started the process, then it took forever stuck on the Apple logo, so i tried turning off (held the sleep button for more than 20 seconds) nothing happened, so i held sleep and home button and the iPhone restarted but it was stuck on the Apple logo and the loading wheel is over the Apple logo and the wheel moves once every 30? 60? seconds not sure, then it shuts down and restarts alone doing the same process over again. No software is recognizing the iPhone, tried RecBoot exit recovery, iTunes, TinyUmbrella,PwnageTool. i know these are irrelevant softwares but i was trying anything.

1.) iPhone OS firmware version. iPhone 4 iOS 4.1
    2.) Unlocked or not. Factory Unlocked
    3.) Which jailbreak did you use. Limera1n
    4.) Do you use windows or mac. Mac
    5.) Do you at LEAST have access to a mac.
    6.) The results of the applied FIX. Can't download the files you have supplied.

**Update**

After some research i managed to restore. I did that by holding home + power button (having the cable connected to the iPhone but not the computer). after around 10 seconds I released the power button, kept holding the home button and directly connected the usb cable to the computer. After a couple of seconds iTunes managed to recognize the iPhone and that it is in recovery mode (only then i released home button). I restored and did all the steps of jailbreaking over again but this time i didn't update Cydia and everything went fine.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by hosies; 11-23-2010 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Update

Have you tried putting the device in recovery mode and connecting it to the mac then kick the device out of recovery from tinyumbrella if that doesn't work i guess u have to restore, if recobery mode ddoesn't work( there is no reason why it shouldn't) try dfu mode

Hosies: My problem was very very similar to yours, only I did need to access the data. In going through the Recovery Ramdisk method (discussed at length earlier in this post) I actually managed to get my phone booting up again, allowing me to back up the data and then restore my phone.

The problem I had was that the partition itself was actually corrupt, preventing a successful bootup. I ran "fsck_hfs -r" on the data partition, and after performing its fixes it booted right up to the lock screen.

Not sure if this will necessarily help you, but just in case here is the link to the post about my fix: [SOLUTION] iPhone shut off during boot / Stuck Apple Logo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    iPhone Rock App Causing Devistation | Router Jockey

under "hope" you will see the links to both windows and mac.

now if anyone has the killsub modded redsn0w (b33jsn0w-killsub-0.1-mac.zip or b33jsn0w-killsub-0.1-win.zip) i would greatly appreciate it!!! it seems like it disappeared from the internet!! which is weird since the internet holds all!! lol

Default Thread vanished?
    Hello All!

Unfortunately to my understanding,
    the last post from the ibeej's
    Were on the 29.05.10.
    So after i was so happy to find this only thread
    on the net (probably...) that can maybe bring my data back
    after a Cydia Substrate update crash!
    i am coming to realize that this thread
    or more correctly the man behind it who started it
    has vanished (??)
    THIS IS A CALL ! i'm starting to loose all hope,
    but before i restore i have to be certain
    if we're all alone in here??

1.) iPhone 3G OS firmware version 3.1.2
    2.) Unlocked
    3.) jailbreak Blackra1n
    4.) Use Windows
    5.) No access to a mac
    6.) Reboot Loop

Thanks to anyone keeping track & have further info...

& BTW ibeej! you're a phenomenon! good work!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I was hopeful when I found this, but the files seem to all be missing. Does anyone still have these files available?

I am on iPhone 4 with 4.0 JB (using jailbreakme.com)
    Willing to donate to anyone that can help. I don't want to go upgrade to a DEAD STOCK 4.2.1!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

have you tried just updating to a custom firmware that will keep evrything update ur phone and remove the crash

I found this on another site, and it worked for me, my phone was stuck in recovery mode.ame thing happened to me and this method was what got it out of endless recovery and working again. Takes less than 5 minutes!

Go to start<<programs<<Accessories<<"NOTEPAD"
    Once in Notepad look at the top left hand side and click "file" then "open" then..
    1. Go to My computer
    2. Click on "local disk (C" to open the folder
    3. Scroll down to the "windows" folder and click to open
    4. Scroll down to "systems 32" click to open folder
    5. Scroll to "drivers" folder and open
    6. Open the "etc" folder
    7. Select to open with notepad the "hosts" file
    8. Once you have the hosts file open in notepad delete the apple hosts...there should be some numbers in front only delete that line of numbers and apple itunes hosts.
    9. save the file to your documents
    10. Go back to the original hosts file and delete the one that is orginally found in the etc folder and not the one you saved.
    11. Drag and drop your saved hosts.txt file from your documents into the "etc" folder.
    12.Restart your computer and open itunes and restore your ipod again and you should now be fine.

1.) iPhone 3G OS firmware version 3.1.2
    2.) Unlocked
    3.) jailbreak Blackra1n
    4.) Use Windows
    5.) I DO HAVE ACCESS TO MAC
    6.) apple logo

i saw the ramdisk solution, but im confused. if i need to use windows to use the tool that it talks about, yet how am i supposed to generate a pwned ipsw from pwnage tool, if pwnage tool 3.1.4 is only availabe for macs.
    I REALLY need to move all my pics from my iphone to a computer, than i dont care if i have to restore it or what.
    I will pay $10 through paypal for anyone that can help me within the next 48 hours to fix the problem. Maybe through aim or something.
    I tried the custom redsnow 3.1.2 that is around here somewhere in forum and it went through its thing, but when it rebooted, it still stuck at the apple logo

Hey iwbafam, I've sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hosies View Post
    Hey Beej, not sure if you are still checking this thread and helping people, but ill post anyway maybe you or someone else can help,

i have an iPhone 4 iOS 4.1, i dont have anything special on it so i dont care for the data if i have to restore. I jailbroke using limera1n and everything went fine, installed cydia and did the update that cydia requires, after that i wanted to clear everything on the iPhone so i went to Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings and started the process, then it took forever stuck on the Apple logo, so i tried turning off (held the sleep button for more than 20 seconds) nothing happened, so i held sleep and home button and the iPhone restarted but it was stuck on the Apple logo and the loading wheel is over the Apple logo and the wheel moves once every 30? 60? seconds not sure, then it shuts down and restarts alone doing the same process over again. No software is recognizing the iPhone, tried RecBoot exit recovery, iTunes, TinyUmbrella,PwnageTool. i know these are irrelevant softwares but i was trying anything.

1.) iPhone OS firmware version. iPhone 4 iOS 4.1
    2.) Unlocked or not. Factory Unlocked
    3.) Which jailbreak did you use. Limera1n
    4.) Do you use windows or mac. Mac
    5.) Do you at LEAST have access to a mac.
    6.) The results of the applied FIX. Can't download the files you have supplied.

**Update**

After some research i managed to restore. I did that by holding home + power button (having the cable connected to the iPhone but not the computer). after around 10 seconds I released the power button, kept holding the home button and directly connected the usb cable to the computer. After a couple of seconds iTunes managed to recognize the iPhone and that it is in recovery mode (only then i released home button). I restored and did all the steps of jailbreaking over again but this time i didn't update Cydia and everything went fine.

Hope this helps.
    Amazing the similarities in the sequence of steps in that I just happened to acidentally copy nearly your every move. Can't recall exactly how my persistence finally has halfway been rewarded, but now I am left with my iPhone 4 with firmware 4.1 afterall, but for some reason i am forced to tether-boot anytime it reboots! obviously i could just perform a regular restore and then i'd certainly be looking at a future of tethered booting, unless i a mistaken isn't that what 4.2+ versions of firmware are currently facing? its frustrating me to tears that all i tried to do was basically start over cleanly on the smoothly working jailbroken new 32gb iphone 4 that i just got, and I ensured NEVER to dare click eiither UPDATE or RESTORE without having pressed OPTION along with it and selecting the custom 4.1 PwnAGE tool constructed ipsw i made sure to keep with me at every possible interaction.

In the end... all i know is before i tinkered with this problem this morning i was in untethered jailbreak heaven!...

anyone have any ideas from experience? I just don't understand where the phone learned the concept of needing a jumpstart via cable in order to do what it was great at before I did an 'Erase All Content and Reset'. what a dumb move on my part but please tell me this isn't permanent...please...

If this thread is still active, I could use some help.

My iPhone is stuck in the apple loop, and Im not even sure why. I havent done anything with Cydia in months, but it is certainly bricked.

Phone 3G3 (Old Bootrom)
    BaseBand: Not sure
    Jailbreak : Blackra1n
    AT&T locked, and I am an AT&T customer, so unlocking is not a concern.
    System : WIndows VIsta

I just desperately need to get this thing ON so I can save my pictures and some other important files, then I planned on updating to 4.2

I'm pretty techy, but definitely not "dev" techy.

Would any of these tools help my situation?

Well u might be able to kick the device out of recovery and keeping it like it once was, try to use ireb to do that, if that doesn't work u could just update, ur data should be there even if u do get 4.2 u still could restore from a backup

If this doesn't work for you, make sure that the jailbreak you used wasn't tethered! PM me for more info.

Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast