Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [SOLUTION] iPhone shut off during boot / Stuck Apple Logo

Quote Originally Posted by monkeytennis View Post
    I tried this and the file that was zipped after downloading from rapidshare is the .ipsw and even when changed to .zip it doesnt open. I'm scratching my head here wondering what i should be doing??
    Download and install "7zip". Right-click on the IPSW, then go to "7-zip" -> "extract here" (or to a folder). It should then be extracted.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to spooky655 For This Useful Post:

monkeytennis (07-12-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by iBeej View Post
    [COLOR="Blue"]UPDATE! KILLSUB PATCH POSTED! 05/17/2010 1:30 PM MST

WINDOWS v0.1 - "forked" redsn0w 0.9.4
    5.17.2010 1:30PM KILLSUB DESCRIPTION:
    The KILLSUB Package for Windows attempts to disable Mobile Substrate and Rock Extensions to prevent Springboard Errors with problematic DYLIBS. Please CLICK HERE to read important information on this package and how it works!
    Download Package b33jsn0w-killsub-0.1-win.zip

MAC OSX v0.1 - "forked" redsn0w 0.9.4
    5.17.2010 1:30PM KILLSUB DESCRIPTION:
    The KILLSUB Package for MAC OSX attempts to disable Mobile Substrate and Rock Extensions to prevent Springboard Errors with problematic DYLIBS. Please CLICK HERE to read important information on this package and how it works!
    Download Package b33jsn0w-killsub-0.1-mac.zip

BEEJ
    Hi BEEJ and everyone,

I tried to download the b33jsn0w tools from the link provided but they don't seem to work anymore. It directs to Welcome spacesparkstudios.com - BlueHost.com but no files are downloaded(I've tried from different computers.)
    Would someone kindly re-post the files here please? I can't find them anywhere else online. Specifically I'm looking for the b33jsn0w-killsub-0.1-mac.zip file.

Thanks very much!
    sinsins

Quote Originally Posted by spooky655 View Post
    Download and install "7zip". Right-click on the IPSW, then go to "7-zip" -> "extract here" (or to a folder). It should then be extracted.
    Progress for me has been slow to say the least. Still trying to follow Msftguys instructions and have got got to the stage

"ALL OK; boot with '018-6136-014.dmg.ssh' ramdisk and a jailbroken kernelcache!"

The problem is i can't get Windows\system32|cmd.exe to accept instruction. **pulls hair out**
    In Msftguys vid I see his cmd screen shows C: \Documents and Settings\Administrator

Mine shows C: \Users\Name>

Msftguy appears to drag and drop irecovery from the desktop into cmd.exe.

Mine wont do this.

Any other ideas guys??

Quote Originally Posted by monkeytennis View Post
    Progress for me has been slow to say the least. Still trying to follow Msftguys instructions and have got got to the stage

"ALL OK; boot with '018-6136-014.dmg.ssh' ramdisk and a jailbroken kernelcache!"

The problem is i can't get Windowssystem32|cmd.exe to accept instruction. **pulls hair out**
    In Msftguys vid I see his cmd screen shows Cocuments and SettingsAdministrator

Mine shows C: UsersName>

Msftguy appears to drag and drop irecovery from the desktop into cmd.exe.

Mine wont do this.

Any other ideas guys??
    Here's how to run iRecovery:

1. Place iRecovery somewhere (ex. C: \ Documents and Settings \ Administrator)

2. Run Command Prompt (cmd.exe)

3. Enter "cd" followed by a space, and then the directory (folder) you wish to run from (you should make this the folder that iRecovery is in. So you enter:

cd "C:
    \Documents and Settings\Administrator" (with quotes)

4. Type in "iRecovery" (without quotes)
    Last edited by spooky655; 07-13-2010 at 06:21 AM.

1. 3.1.3
    2. Unlocked
    3. Spirit
    4. Mac

PLEASE HELP me

Quote Originally Posted by berlin_jeremy View Post
    1. 3.1.3
    2. Unlocked
    3. Spirit
    4. Mac

PLEASE HELP me
    what have you tried so far?

have you done irecovery already?

I tried RecBoot and that didnt work.
    I tried irecovery in the past and for some reson never got it to work correctly. This is what it says and I try to do it and everything that I put in and press enter it just says "commant not found"

2) Start iRecovery in Terminal / Console with iRecovery -s

3) Execute the following commands:

setenv auto-boot true

saveenv

/exit

Is there any other way?

I tried irecovery in the past and for some reson never got it to work correctly. This is what it says and I try to do it and everything that I put in and press enter it just says "commant not found"

setenv auto-boot true

saveenv

/exit

Is there any other way?
    iRecovery seems to be the tool of choice. have you tried iREB yet?

iReb is not for 3gs and they dont have it for Mac yet.

ANy other suggestions? I dont know why I cant get Irecovery to work

setenv auto-boot true

saveenv

/exit

Is there any other way?
    Do you have libusb installed?

I thought libusb was only needed if you are running WIndows? I am on mac

Default Is there anyway to get rid of White Apple logo without restore
    1.) iPhone 3Gs 3.13
    2.) not Unlocked
    3.) Sprit
    4.) windows7
    5.) no

I am JB'd with Spirit JailBreak, 3.13, 3Gs

I have been since May with NO problems

This morning I went to ROCK and did some auto-update for SBSettings, Libhide, and 2 other apps... once the restart started I now get the White Logo, it wont go away, I tried running Spirit again no luck I get stuck on the clouds page with the spinning circle...

is there any way to get out of this reboot loop with out restoring, I dont want to go to 4.0 yet.

PLEASE HELP

Quote Originally Posted by BitchI'llKillYa View Post
    1.) iPhone 3Gs 3.13
    2.) not Unlocked
    3.) Sprit
    4.) windows7
    5.) no

I am JB'd with Spirit JailBreak, 3.13, 3Gs

I have been since May with NO problems

This morning I went to ROCK and did some auto-update for SBSettings, Libhide, and 2 other apps... once the restart started I now get the White Logo, it wont go away, I tried running Spirit again no luck I get stuck on the clouds page with the spinning circle...

is there any way to get out of this reboot loop with out restoring, I dont want to go to 4.0 yet.

PLEASE HELP
    You mean the apple logo? Is it rebooting or just stuck at the logo?

If it's just stuck at the apple logo, trying leaving your iPhone on for 10-20min to see if it will eventually boot. I had a problem where booting would take forever after updating something (I think it was libhide).

Or, if you don't mind restoring to 3.0, you can do that by opening itunes, holding shift and clicking restore, and selecting the 3.0 - 3.1.3 IPSW.
    Last edited by spooky655; 07-14-2010 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spooky655 View Post
    You mean the apple logo? Is it rebooting or just stuck at the logo?

If it's just stuck at the apple logo, trying leaving your iPhone on for 10-20min to see if it will eventually boot. I had a problem where booting would take forever after updating something (I think it was libhide).

Or, if you don't mind restoring to 3.0, you can do that by opening itunes, holding shift and clicking restore, and selecting the 3.0 - 3.1.3 IPSW.
    sits on apple logo the turns off and repeats every 5 minutes or so...

i have been going through this for 6 hours now, I am trying to use iRecovery now, but cant get the Itunes logo to show...

im friggin frustrated out of this world!

i am hopeful to avoid a restore period, I have some contacts and other info added recently that I cant afford to lose!
    Last edited by BitchI'llKillYa; 07-14-2010 at 09:21 PM.

Hey can someone please mirror these files? If you have them, you can send them to me and I will mirror them in either rapidshare or hotfile. Please

Also, just so everyone else knows.

I have an iPhone 3GS
    Windows only
    Jailbroken with Redsn0w a lonnnng time ago

I went into my rock app today after maybe not even thinking about it for 6 months, and updated all my apps. My phone then turned off, and has been in a constant reboot since.

Update: After leaving my phone plugged into the computer, itunes finally recognized my device maybe. It took like an hour, but it finally then. I am trying to back up my data now and I will let you guys know if it works.
    Either way, if you are in constant reboot, try plugging it into the computer with itunes running for awhile.

Update: Backing up doesn't work. The phone will eventually turn off to reboot and I lose access to itunes. I'd hate to lose my elaborate theme and all my jailbroken apps, but I think Im going to restore.

Nevertheless, if someone can get me those files I will mirror them so people can have access.
    Last edited by knowtheobscure; 07-14-2010 at 10:57 PM.
    All is... so Accept and Just Be

I guess this is where I should post my problem(?)...

iPhone 3G 3.1.2
    blackra1n
    Windows 7

Yesterday I tried to make a call and got "No service" for a long time. Tried putting it in airplane mode and the phone froze up, so I had to reboot it. I got it into recovery mode and tried running blackra1n on it several times to no avail - it always hung on the geohot screen. I was going to see if I could do anything with iRecovery to fix it, but now when I try to put it into recovery mode it shuts off after 5 seconds while I'm holding the home and sleep buttons on the apple screen. I've spent a long time searching for solutions but can't come up with anything. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Seedy J View Post
    I guess this is where I should post my problem(?)...

iPhone 3G 3.1.2
    blackra1n
    Windows 7

Yesterday I tried to make a call and got "No service" for a long time. Tried putting it in airplane mode and the phone froze up, so I had to reboot it. I got it into recovery mode and tried running blackra1n on it several times to no avail - it always hung on the geohot screen. I was going to see if I could do anything with iRecovery to fix it, but now when I try to put it into recovery mode it shuts off after 5 seconds while I'm holding the home and sleep buttons on the apple screen. I've spent a long time searching for solutions but can't come up with anything. Any suggestions?
    To get into recovery mode:

1. Plug your iPhone into the computer.

2. When your phone reboots, as soon as the apple logo comes up, hold both the home and power buttons.

3. As soon as the phone shuts off, release ONLY the power button.

4. Keep holding the home button until the recovery logo comes up.

Hi All,

I'm not able to download b33jsn0w-ddc-0.1-win.zip file, can anyone help?

Regards

Ali

Does anybody have ANY of the b33jsn0w files saved? Send them to me and I will re-host the files on my own server. I need to try them on my 3GS as well.

Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast