+ Reply
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 983

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [SOLUTION] iPhone shut off during boot / Stuck Apple Logo

is a discussion within the

General

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Not if you have the "Rock" update problem. You're missing files which the jailbreak programs don't include in their payloads. You could jailbreak over and over, and all they will
...
  1. #61
    Green Apple iBeej's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 118 Times in 46 Posts

    Not if you have the "Rock" update problem. You're missing files which the jailbreak programs don't include in their payloads. You could jailbreak over and over, and all they will do is send only the necessary files for the jailbreak to work, and nothing more. That's why I built a custom payload.

    czxxx, I am curious. Install iRecovery and make sure you follow the instructions for setting up libusb DYLIB and do the following in a terminal:
    sudo .iRecovery -s

    You wouldn't happen to notice any mention of an invalid kernel cache mentioned in the output upon issuing that command would you?


    BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 05-28-2010 at 01:56 PM.

  2. #62
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Super thanks to you Ibeej, hats off to you for fixing my Iphone, I'l be sure to donate something to you for the effort you went through in making this

    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

  3. #63
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    92
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Yeah, mine is the Cydia problem which is the same problem.

    But, I could always upgrade to 3.1.3 custom firmware with Spirit or snowbreeze and jailbreak 3.1.3 and be fine, but lose all my Cydia apps/files and have to find them all over again.

    I think i'll just wait till tomorrow night after work and just go all day without a phone and wait on you so I don't have to mess with JB'ing and losing my files.

  4. #64
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Hogs4Life View Post
    No fix tonight for Windows?

    Wow, so i'm gonna have to go all day tomorrow without a phone...

    I don't think I can.

    Bahhhhhh!

    WHY DUDE WHY?!

    This sucks so bad. Either upgrade to 3.1.3 and lose my unlock ability but at least have a phone, or go without a phone which I really can't do.

    This blows.

    Is there not a way to just restore from 3.1.2 again and just re-jailbreak with whatever program like blackrain or redsnow?
    Well aren't you an ungrateful ignorant person. Jailbreaking is a risk, and if you aren't willing to take the risk you shouldn't do it. Go cry some more

    ibeej, while I haven't even jailbroken my new iphone yet because I am still studying about it, I registered on your page and read about your whole solution to the problem that many are having. All I can say is wow. Great layout, explanations, and detail. You are one generous and dedicated guy and many people will appreciate your help and work. The world needs more people like you, double thumbs up buddy

  5. #65
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    92
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Calm down there idiot, pull the thong out of your crack and relax before you go mouthing people next time.

  6. #66
    Green Apple iBeej's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 118 Times in 46 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Elax View Post
    Super thanks to you Ibeej, hats off to you for fixing my Iphone, I'l be sure to donate something to you for the effort you went through in making this

    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!
    Hi Elax!
    You're very welcome. . Thank you for the kind words and donation. It's people like you who make this all worth it in the end. My bandwidth has gone through the roof. It's not just modmyi but I think other places caught on and referred there. I have thousands of hits already. It's a bit insane. It's obviously helping a butt load of people.

    I won't upload the custom payload to an offsite hosting service because you can read about my blurb concerning malicious intent. It would be far too easy to modify it and then claim it's from me and posting it on rapidshare or where ever. I have strict control on my site and can ensure timely downloads and security directly in the blog. It just adds up quickly. I surely didn't expect to see this. I'm a little disturbed actually, the sheer amount of people this has affected.

    Unbelievable.

    Quote Originally Posted by wa2ruff View Post
    All I can say is wow. Great layout, explanations, and detail. You are one generous and dedicated guy and many people will appreciate your help and work. The world needs more people like you, double thumbs up buddy
    Thank you for the kind words wa2ruff!!! I think you're the first person to register on my site. ROFL!

    BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 05-28-2010 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to iBeej For This Useful Post:

    kkalani (05-11-2010)

  8. #67
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    iBeej, any update about the windows fix ?

  9. #68
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    My details...


    1.) OS frimware 3.1.2
    2.) Unlocked
    3.) Used Blackra1n
    4.) I use windows.
    5.) No i dont have access to a mac.



    PLEASE HELP

  10. #69
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    iBeej, used your Mac fix on my friend's Mac. Worked. Thanks a ton, you saved yet another life
    I have all my data.

  11. #70
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iBeej View Post
    LOL! No worries. I understand how bad this sucks. Which is exactly why I started working on this in the first place. Just hang tight and don't do anything stupid.

    Oh, and I may have something for you windows guys in the next hour or two.
    I also finished a Blackra1n version for Mac which makes this process even easier. 30 seconds and your phone is fixed.

    Check back in a few and i'll let you know what I have conjured up.

    BEEJ
    Hi iBeej

    I am waiting for your Blackra1n version for Mac.
    Have you uploaded in your blog?

    Or can i use your modified Redsnow to jailbreak my iPhone which is jailbreak by Blackra1n previously? Will it crash my iPhone?
    Last edited by melaw; 05-11-2010 at 07:00 AM.

  12. #71
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    WOW it worked like a charm thanks alot only problem i had was i had to reset the network setting so i wouldnt call that a problem at all thank you very much a donation is in route.
    firmware 3.1.2
    unlocked
    blackrain
    windows but used a mac and success

    For those that have windows maybe you need to send alittle insentive to get this to happen cause I know I wouldn't work for free i'm sure it wasn't easy and it does work. Reason I write this is he only has 2 donations anyways Thanks again ibeej your a digital life saver.
    Last edited by ovey1; 05-11-2010 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  13. #72
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    but this corrects the issue when the phone is stuck at apple logo or shuts down during apple logo, but not continous loop ?

  14. #73
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Hogs4Life View Post
    Calm down there idiot, pull the thong out of your crack and relax before you go mouthing people next time.
    Idiot?? You're the one who is whining about not having a phone that if it wasn't modified in the first place you wouldn't be having any problems. Now we have iBeej trying to help everyone out, and you jump on here and cry, boo hoo, I don't have my phone.
    iBeej said he is working on something for windows, and he will release it when he is comfortable about it. Do you want a half *** fix?? Be patient, keep checking back here and on iBeej's webpage and as soon as he has a stable fix for windows you'll have it.

    Quote Originally Posted by iBeej View Post
    Hi Elax!
    You're very welcome. . Thank you for the kind words and donation. It's people like you who make this all worth it in the end. My bandwidth has gone through the roof. It's not just modmyi but I think other places caught on and referred there. I have thousands of hits already. It's a bit insane. It's obviously helping a butt load of people.

    I won't upload the custom payload to an offsite hosting service because you can read about my blurb concerning malicious intent. It would be far too easy to modify it and then claim it's from me and posting it on rapidshare or where ever. I have strict control on my site and can ensure timely downloads and security directly in the blog. It just adds up quickly. I surely didn't expect to see this. I'm a little disturbed actually, the sheer amount of people this has affected.

    Unbelievable.



    Thank you for the kind words wa2ruff!!! I think you're the first person to register on my site. ROFL!
    You are helping a hell of a lot of people!! Great job, what you are doing is admirable. And not only are you smart enough to be able to code, you have the common sense NOT to upload it to those sites (rapidshare etc.)! We know that there are goofs out there that would alter the contents but keep your name on it. It can still happen, hopefully people are smart and download your fixes from reputable sites like modmyi and your homepage.
    You're very welcome for the kind words, you earned em...........and I am proud to be the first to register on your site, I read a lot of your blog, very interesting!! I will be frequenting it from now on! Again, great job and thank you!

  15. #74
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hi iBeej,

    I've tried building/installing libusb from source and installing with fink and either way I get this from irecovery:

    $ sudo irecovery -s
    iRecovery - Recovery Utility
    by westbaer
    Thanks to pod2g, tom3q, planetbeing and geohot.

    No iPhone/iPod found.


    Did I miss something?

  16. #75
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    u said this can return to the state before the update
    1)3.1.3 3gs new bootrom(sadly by mistake)
    2)locked(not even activated)
    3) not jailbroken but was in 3.1.2
    4) i can get access to a mac
    im hoping ur fix will work because i tried manually restring from an shsh and im getting the 1600 error

  17. #76
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Hogs4Life View Post
    Calm down there idiot, pull the thong out of your crack and relax before you go mouthing people next time.

    No. You should be thankful someone is trying to help you free of charge and not whine about it. You did take the risk of jail-breaking, now you can suck it up and suffer the consequences in which you might get lucky or you can continue to whine and cry like an 11 year old girl that's just got grounded from her phone and facebook. FOR A WHOLE DAY WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

  18. #77
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    iBeej ....

    Where are you ??

    Windows users are counting on you ...


    Dont dissapoint please it has been a week for me widout my iphone..


  19. #78
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Another option for Windows users, as I am doing, is to install a virtualisation of a Mac OS onto Windows.

  20. #79
    Green Apple iBeej's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 118 Times in 46 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kkalani View Post
    iBeej, used your Mac fix on my friend's Mac. Worked. Thanks a ton, you saved yet another life
    I have all my data.
    You're very welcome sir! Thank you for posting your success, it keeps me going for the windows guys! Now go make a backup.

    Quote Originally Posted by melaw View Post
    Hi iBeej

    I am waiting for your Blackra1n version for Mac.
    Have you uploaded in your blog?

    Or can i use your modified Redsnow to jailbreak my iPhone which is jailbreak by Blackra1n previously? Will it crash my iPhone?
    Hi Melaw, the blackra1n version is just icing really. It's faster and does the same thing. Yes you can use my modified redsn0w to fix the sbin problem. You won't lose your unlock either. So you're already set. Go do it!

    Quote Originally Posted by ovey1 View Post
    WOW it worked like a charm thanks alot only problem i had was i had to reset the network setting so i wouldnt call that a problem at all thank you very much a donation is in route.
    firmware 3.1.2
    unlocked
    blackrain
    windows but used a mac and success

    For those that have windows maybe you need to send alittle insentive to get this to happen cause I know I wouldn't work for free i'm sure it wasn't easy and it does work. Reason I write this is he only has 2 donations anyways Thanks again ibeej your a digital life saver.
    Thanks Ovey! I'm glad we got your phone working again! Two donations is two donations. It helps. I don't expect anything and I'm doing this to help. Yes I'm putting in a lot of time. Helping people through MSN messenger and remote assistance and all sorts of stuff. I didn't sleep until 5am and had to wake up at 7am for work. So I can assure you I am pretty busy lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by execine View Post
    but this corrects the issue when the phone is stuck at apple logo or shuts down during apple logo, but not continous loop ?
    My payload is specifically targeted at the sbin corruption. So mostly for those experiencing a SHUT down at apple logo. However, I posted some instructions on my site with some pointers on fixing a stuck/rebooting problem by using SSH if the phone makes it that far. Most of the time it does. For those of you with a stuck/continuous reboot issue, this is a different problem from sbin. But it's fixable. Post output from iRecovery here and I'll see what I can do to help. I have ideas to deliver a payload to disable substrate. Even patch in a working kernel cache. Again just post some info and I'll see what I can conjure up for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by czxxx View Post
    Hi iBeej,

    I've tried building/installing libusb from source and installing with fink and either way I get this from irecovery:

    $ sudo irecovery -s
    iRecovery - Recovery Utility
    by westbaer
    Thanks to pod2g, tom3q, planetbeing and geohot.

    No iPhone/iPod found.


    Did I miss something?
    Yes, make sure you configured libusb correctly. I believe the libusb DYLIB file needs to go in /usr/local/lib and type "sudo chmod 755 usblib.DYLIB" or whatever the filename is. Then tether the phone and put the phone in recovery and "cd" to the location of your irecovery and type "sudo ./iRecovery -s" keep working at it until you get a dump of technical debug info back in the terminal.

    BEEJ
    Last edited by iBeej; 05-28-2010 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  21. #80
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    oh well, the problem is that when i run irecovery is does not see the phone and i get the message 'no iphone/ipod detected' though itunes see the iphone...

    i did install that mlib or what , doesnt help, even more , messes the system...

    hopefully someone will sort this out...

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 09-18-2014, 12:02 PM
  2. 04-28-2014, 08:59 AM
  3. 04-27-2014, 05:51 PM
  4. 03-18-2014, 09:40 PM
  5. 03-09-2014, 06:03 AM
  6. 01-27-2014, 07:48 AM
  7. 01-21-2014, 09:43 PM
  8. 12-20-2013, 03:45 AM
  9. 12-07-2013, 02:22 AM
  10. 11-24-2013, 06:15 AM
  11. 11-15-2013, 12:59 AM
  12. 09-23-2013, 07:58 AM
  13. 07-17-2013, 12:38 PM
  14. 07-15-2013, 10:29 PM
  15. 06-29-2013, 01:12 PM
  16. 06-04-2013, 07:59 AM
  17. 06-03-2013, 10:08 AM
  18. 06-02-2013, 07:58 PM
  19. 05-26-2013, 07:52 PM
  20. 05-25-2013, 06:32 PM
  21. 05-24-2013, 05:57 AM
  22. 05-20-2013, 01:18 PM
  23. 05-20-2013, 07:46 AM
  24. 05-20-2013, 03:58 AM
  25. 05-15-2013, 06:31 AM
  26. 05-14-2013, 02:33 PM
  27. 05-14-2013, 05:03 AM
  28. 05-11-2013, 03:13 AM
  29. 05-10-2013, 03:16 PM
  30. 05-01-2013, 12:35 AM
  31. 02-03-2013, 06:50 PM
  32. 02-03-2013, 02:56 AM
  33. 02-02-2013, 12:37 PM
  34. 01-08-2013, 10:59 AM
  35. 10-31-2012, 04:38 AM
  36. 09-23-2012, 01:58 PM
  37. 07-30-2012, 08:41 PM
  38. 07-08-2012, 12:56 PM
  39. 06-26-2012, 01:17 PM
  40. 06-21-2012, 08:16 PM
  41. 06-16-2012, 05:59 PM
  42. 06-13-2012, 01:23 AM
  43. 04-28-2012, 04:05 PM
  44. 04-19-2012, 01:40 PM
  45. 04-11-2012, 09:15 AM
  46. 04-09-2012, 08:04 PM
  47. 04-07-2012, 02:56 AM
  48. 04-05-2012, 11:16 PM
  49. 03-20-2012, 06:43 AM
  50. 03-15-2012, 01:39 AM

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts